Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2244310 times)

iwastherein68 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2011, 10:45:43 PM »
I had heard they either wanted to or had spoken to Owen Coyle about the job too.

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2011, 10:46:33 PM »
would be an excellent appointment.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »
I had heard they either wanted to or had spoken to Owen Coyle about the job too.
Coyle would be a fantastic appointment for them. So we don't want that to happen.

As for Martinez I don't rate him as a manager and can see him being hated from the off. There are problems at villa a lot deeper than the manager and I hope they continue to struggle on the pitch!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »
I agree I really don't rate Martinez and think he got very lucky with Wigan this season, he is certainly someone I don't think the Villa fans will take to given their insistence that they are a big club and deserve a big name manager.

Owen Coyle on the other hand would be a massive loss to Bolton and probably the manager I rate most out of those linked with the Villa job.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:49 PM »
I do think Coyle is a decent manager and seems a very nice guy but i think his reputation is exaggerated a bit.

He got Burnley up and fair play to him but he also left when they were on the slope and this season Bolton supposedly had a great season and one point looked like they were heading for top 6 yet finished below us, yes they got to the semi of the fa cup but we got quarters of the carling cup, if you dont get to a final dont mean a thing!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »
Just a personal opinion on Coyle, I really do think he will go on to be a top manager although you are right Bolton went on a stinker of a run towards the end of the season.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:26 PM »
I  think he may well do and i hope he does because as i say i think he really seems to love football, seems a nice guy and very gracious win, lose or draw.

I just think his reputation has been built up a bit too much, there was talk of him as manager of the year for the job he done at Bolton which as i say i think is decent but nothing great, yet!

Rich99

« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:06 AM »
According to brmb he is out of the running.

Benitez wanted 30 million minimum to spend on players apparently.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2011, 07:36:38 AM »
Karma this is - love it!
I only go for the beer.

Cunningham

« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2011, 08:32:52 AM »
Martinez would be a shocking appointment for a club like Villa. Lets keep our fingers crossed eh?  ;D

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2011, 08:43:47 AM »
Actually i think Martinez is a good manager, he plays good football, and his budget at Wigan isnt brilliant, personally i think he would do a good job at Villa (sadily).
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2011, 08:57:37 AM »
He is our type of manager.I would be happy if i were a Vile fan if Martinez got the job
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
just imagine if martinez turned villa down

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2011, 09:29:33 AM »

Bryan Robson front runner? Maybe they can tempt Brian Little back from Blue Square North's Gainsborough Trinity. The possibilities are hilariously endless. My bet with my V*lla housemate gets more and more hilarious.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2011, 09:36:56 AM »

He may well do.Just heard there is not much money to spend

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
They may aswell appoint N'Zogbia as manager bexause he kept wigan up inspite of martinez.
I only go for the beer.

Cunningham

« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2011, 10:57:58 AM »
I doubt Martinez would turn Villa down regardless of how little money they have to spend thats a huge job for him. Personally I think its too big a job for him and i can see Villa really struggling if they appoint him. For Villa to be even considering a man like Martinez shows how their status as a club has fallen.

Mulumbu99

« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2011, 12:11:46 PM »
Breaking News: Sky Sports sources understand Aston Villa forward Ashley Young's representatives have held talks with Manchester United. More to follow shortly.

oh dear, oh dear.  ;D

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2011, 12:14:55 PM »
Breaking News: Sky Sports sources understand Aston Villa forward Ashley Young's representatives have held talks with Manchester United. More to follow shortly.

oh dear, oh dear.  ;D

I bet Rooney, Rio and Vidic will be at the wedding this week end
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Big clubs are supposed to hold on to their better players

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2011, 05:15:47 PM »
Martinez in, diving **** out.....................happy days  ;D ;D
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2011, 05:20:10 PM »
Villa play counter attacking football Martinez doesnt. If he is appointed it would take a while for for him to stamp his brand of football onto the team, by which stage players will be gone.

I hear downing is wanting out also. Won't be long before bent wants out too.

Personally I think villa are waiting for Hughes to be able to talk 'officially' to them at the end of the month.

We shall see. In the mean time I shall enjoy watching manager after manager turn them down lol.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
To add Dangerman, Gerard Houllier tried to get them playing some 'passing' range of football and that never really materialised, I think it's more so how Houllier used the play. Albrighton very rarely got looked at and instead Gabriel Agbonlahor was used on the wing whilst Ashley Young played upfront.

Their big club status is going and I'm enjoying their decline. Christ knows who they'll turn to if Roberto Martinez turns them down which I think he will as he seems very happy at Wigan under Dave Whelan.

The history talk about the Villa fans comes from their younger generation of supporters. A rather youngish teacher and a few in our year talk about their European cup win quite alot wheras a rather older teacher who was their refuses to talk about it as it means nothing if they're going to back it up. Least he has abit of sense about him, to add to that, he knows their club is going downhill, Randy Lerner has invested some £200million is it into that club? All he's received is two or three sixth place finishes with no silver ware.

As much as I was sad to see Houllier leave, I hope the next appointment is even worse.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2011, 11:28:53 PM »
I don't rate Martinez, never have really.

Since taking on the Wigan job he seems to have gradually got them worse year after year. Would love it if he got the Villa job!