Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243073 times)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #1675 on: September 26, 2012, 02:31:38 PM »
No tougher than last season

Thats right.  The side they put out is far worse than the one last season and ours is better plus we are playing better football.

Got a draw written all over it.  ;D

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1676 on: September 26, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »
i think their squad is slightly better this season tbh, agbonlahor is arguably finding his feet again, plus theyve just won at man city, a massive boost. they are hot and cold but i still think they are favourites for this; home advantage and all.

Handsworth Wood Villa

« Reply #1677 on: September 27, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
european cup winners 1981

Champions of England - 1981
Champions of Europe - 1982

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1678 on: September 27, 2012, 04:51:22 PM »
Really? No Villa fan ever mentions that, thanks for the info!  :-[
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1679 on: September 27, 2012, 04:52:05 PM »

50% of a Nottingham Forest

« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:53:23 PM by OldburyWBA »
I only go for the beer.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1680 on: September 27, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
The Vile won the European Cup?  :o Holy s***, I'm switching sides right now.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1681 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:37 PM »
one of the dicks was on WM phone in last night giving it the big un
'we'll finish 15 points above the Baggies'
utter tozzers
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Moggas barmy army

« Reply #1682 on: September 28, 2012, 12:23:31 PM »
one of the dicks was on WM phone in last night giving it the big un
'we'll finish 15 points above the Baggies'
utter tozzers

:D I heard that as well the'l be lucky to make it to 15 points let alone finish that many above us

Reddiebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1683 on: September 28, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »
I'm glad Liverpool, Man U et al don't mention their honours every time we play them as they have actually won something during this Millenium.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1684 on: September 29, 2012, 10:53:18 AM »
50% of a Nottingham Forest

What, they've won 14 titles?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1685 on: September 29, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
No but they've won 2 European Cups and because of that are the most successful Midlands side ever in Europe.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1686 on: September 29, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
What, they've won 14 titles?

You are one sad sucker if the vile had won at tiddley winks  you would count it as a major trophy.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1687 on: September 30, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
No but they've won 2 European Cups and because of that are the most successful Midlands side ever in Europe.

Oh right. We've won seven times as many titles as Forest and in fact they've been champions as many times as you.

I guess we missed the memo for European Cups counting for five or six.

Good news though, while obviously Forest are the most "successful" Midlands side, we have at least now leap frogged Arsenal as the third most successful English side behind Liverpool and United. Based on your formular of course.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1688 on: September 30, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »
You are one sad sucker if the vile had won at tiddley winks  you would count it as a major trophy.
If your history was as good as ours then you'd champion it. Same as Small Heath, because they've won nothing, they take on an inverse snobbery. You on the other hand get confused. One minute you're a big club, the next your playing the small club card.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1689 on: September 30, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »
Oh right. We've won seven times as many titles as Forest and in fact they've been champions as many times as you.

Good news though, while obviously Forest are the most "successful" Midlands side, we have at least now leap frogged Arsenal as the third most successful English side behind Liverpool and United. Based on your formular of course.

How can you be third behind Liverpool & United when Forest are more successful?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:46:36 AM by Quakes Fan »

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1690 on: September 30, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »
As we've won a boat load more than them and I was facetiously using the "European Cups count ten" forumlar that your erstwhile colleague had constructed to jump us from 4th to 3rd.

baggieheart

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1691 on: September 30, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
Oh okay.

Still quite a while ago those weren't they.

Even Curtis Davies think s we are better.

http://www.sundaymercury.net/midlands-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-fc-news/2012/09/30/west-bromwich-albion-are-the-top-midlands-team-now-says-curtis-davies-66331-31934513/

CURTIS Davies reckons Albion are the strongest team in the Midlands – not Villa, the team he once joined from the Baggies.

After years of living in their bitter rivals’ shadows, Davies believes the Black Country outfit are now the top dogs in the region and says they are favourites ahead of today’s derby clash at Villa Park.

“Right now, in the Midlands, Albion have to be the best team because of the way they’ve started and the way they finished last season,” he said.

“You have to say so, because they’ve got a very strong squad and have brought in some top players. You would be a liar if you said anything else.”

Davies, who now plays for Blues, left The Hawthorns in 2007 to join Villa in a deal worth more than £10 million.

His switch was one of many big-money buys during the Martin O’Neill era as Villa regularly enjoyed European football.

But since the Irishman left, the claret and blues have slowly declined while Albion have consolidated their Premier League status and kicked on.

And 27-year-old Davies reckons that times have changed because of the lower budget that current Villa boss Paul Lambert has to operate with.

“I think Albion have overtaken Villa,” he added. “Albion are progressing more whereas Villa’s stance is that they are trying to buy young players and redevelop.

“Under O’Neill, Villa were known for signing big players at high fees, now they’re trying to sign younger players like the Bennetts, the Lowtons, etc.”

The big centre-half, touted as an England prospect when he joined Villa, believes that Lambert’s buys could bring the glory days back to Villa Park if given time.

“They’ve got the ability to play now but, in a few years, they’ll have incredible ability and they’ll be pushing with the rest,” he said.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #1692 on: September 30, 2012, 11:17:51 AM »
The tide has turned! Run for the life boats!

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1693 on: September 30, 2012, 11:58:03 AM »

Seem to be trying to twist there to suit your purposes.

You know full well that the comment 50% of a Nottingham Forest was about European Cups but lets not let that get in the way of a villa fan bigging his club up.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1694 on: September 30, 2012, 12:16:08 PM »
Me thinks Mr skittle will disappear from the radar quite quickly if today's result doesn't go in their favour, bit like the shirts from Erdington High St when they get slapped.

I live among these mongrels so its no surprise he comes out with this kind of garbage, heard it all before..............YAWN F****** YAWN 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:23:50 PM by Quakes Fan »
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1695 on: September 30, 2012, 03:16:50 PM »
If your history was as good as ours then you'd champion it. Same as Small Heath, because they've won nothing, they take on an inverse snobbery. You on the other hand get confused. One minute you're a big club, the next your playing the small club card.

The vile are from the second City so i would expect you to have an advantage with greater support etc.
We have a proud history for a team from a provincial town.
Vile are the biggest team in the area but that dos'nt mean you are the best side without question as history as shown.
As a smug f***** you belong with the other vilers.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 03:23:34 PM by Quakes Fan »

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1696 on: September 30, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »
Come on Baggies, we are better than these so let's get at them.........
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1697 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:24 PM »
This lot are a million miles from their lucky European Cup win AND believe me it was a lucky win on the night. What you might they say got battered and fortunate.Just a pathetic bunch with average supporters and footballers
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1698 on: September 30, 2012, 09:02:41 PM »
Thought their fans were quite poor today. Only got into the game after they scored. Nzogbia has to be the biggest waste of 9m ever. The full backs look quite good though particularly Bennett on left.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1699 on: September 30, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »
The tide has turned! Run for the life boats!

Glad you have finally admitted it – bet you feel alot better now?

Liverpool are the most successful club side in English football yet they, like you, have been chasing their tails, trying (and failing) to recreate past glories.

All this League champions and European champions nonsense happened over a generation ago, and as many a Dingle has informed us (before getting relegated again) after years of living in our shadows, it’s the here and now that really matters.

Let's face it, you are a bigger and a more successful club than us, and that why it hurts so much that we have now overtaken you on so many levels.

The reaction to your equalizer today spoke volumes about how little we really mean to you  :-*

Sleep well and don’t have nightmares…
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan