Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2230513 times)

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #875 on: February 26, 2012, 11:41:29 PM »
We won't go down, purely by default of the five teams below us somehow being even worse than we are. McLeish will ensure we draw our way to safety. How they thought appointing him could ever work is beyond me, he would have had to win a trophy, finish top 8 and play good football to win even a small amount of fans over, i.e. it was never going to happen. We don't expect to win every game but we do expect to at least try and win every game, anyone that watched us against Man City will have saw we set up for a 0-0 at home and didn't have a shot until the 90th minute. We only lost 1-0 but would you have accepted such a negative performance? We'd rather have a go and lose 2 or 3-0 than play for a 0-0 and surrender meekly. Yesterday we set up for a 0-0, at bloody Wigan. We actually made them look good and we looked scared to attack. We took 4000 fans and they were 'treated' to yet another garbage performance where we didn't even try to win. The away support turned on him big time which is always a tipping point. He brought Heskey on rather than Ireland or N'Zogbia which prompted the fans into 'You dont know what you're doing', he clearly doesn't. The final 20 minutes were played out to 'We want our Villa back', 'F*ck off McLeish the Villa is ours' and 'Sack McLeish my lord'. Everyone i know has said they didn't want us to score yesterday because McLeish and his ridiculous tactics would have been justified and it would have extended his stay, how bad is that? According to the media though our fans only don't like him because 'he came from Blues', what a load of cobblers.

I honestly think going down wouldn't be the worst thing at the moment, and i know a fair few Villa fans agree with me. Mcleish would leave, we'd be rid of the rubbish high wage earners like Dunne, Collins, Warnock etc, we'd actually win most weeks and be near the top of the league and might win something. I know a lot of fans would return if McLeish left even if we were in the Championship, me, my mates, my old man and all his mates for a start. We would take thousands away everywhere we went as it would be new grounds and new towns, visiting the same grounds every year is boring and our away days would be great fun taking over everywhere we went.

Good win yesterday by the way, glad to see overrated media darling mad Mart get a spanking.
Did you know we won the European Cup?

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #876 on: February 27, 2012, 12:10:10 AM »
That Man City example is a bit unfair. We employed negative tactics as well and managed a draw. So did Sunderland and nicked a win. It's all well saying we should of at least had a go when you narrowly lose though  ;D

It could be worse for Villa a lot went for then when they beat Wolves. How different would things be if Wolves had won that? The fine margins in this league are frightening at times.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #877 on: February 27, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »
I'm sure the Villa fans aren't too worried, i mean they do have Heskey...

He there winger now thou, he's not the finnisher that he was. ;) ;D

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #878 on: February 27, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
We won't go down, purely by default of the five teams below us somehow being even worse than we are. McLeish will ensure we draw our way to safety. How they thought appointing him could ever work is beyond me, he would have had to win a trophy, finish top 8 and play good football to win even a small amount of fans over, i.e. it was never going to happen. We don't expect to win every game but we do expect to at least try and win every game, anyone that watched us against Man City will have saw we set up for a 0-0 at home and didn't have a shot until the 90th minute. We only lost 1-0 but would you have accepted such a negative performance? We'd rather have a go and lose 2 or 3-0 than play for a 0-0 and surrender meekly. Yesterday we set up for a 0-0, at bloody Wigan. We actually made them look good and we looked scared to attack. We took 4000 fans and they were 'treated' to yet another garbage performance where we didn't even try to win. The away support turned on him big time which is always a tipping point. He brought Heskey on rather than Ireland or N'Zogbia which prompted the fans into 'You dont know what you're doing', he clearly doesn't. The final 20 minutes were played out to 'We want our Villa back', 'F*ck off McLeish the Villa is ours' and 'Sack McLeish my lord'. Everyone i know has said they didn't want us to score yesterday because McLeish and his ridiculous tactics would have been justified and it would have extended his stay, how bad is that? According to the media though our fans only don't like him because 'he came from Blues', what a load of cobblers.

I honestly think going down wouldn't be the worst thing at the moment, and i know a fair few Villa fans agree with me. Mcleish would leave, we'd be rid of the rubbish high wage earners like Dunne, Collins, Warnock etc, we'd actually win most weeks and be near the top of the league and might win something. I know a lot of fans would return if McLeish left even if we were in the Championship, me, my mates, my old man and all his mates for a start. We would take thousands away everywhere we went as it would be new grounds and new towns, visiting the same grounds every year is boring and our away days would be great fun taking over everywhere we went.

Good win yesterday by the way, glad to see overrated media darling mad Mart get a spanking.

I hate it when I start liking villa fans because they talk some sense....DAMM  :-*
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Rich99

« Reply #879 on: February 27, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
Bent is out for 3 months.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #880 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:57 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #881 on: February 27, 2012, 06:37:11 PM »
shame dont rate him anyway  ;)

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #882 on: February 27, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
He never touched the ball and we only create two chances per game anyway, plus our superstar winger big bad Emile can go back to being a lethal striker so there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1wI0RB9Yjc ;D

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #883 on: February 27, 2012, 06:44:29 PM »
I think it would be good for you. It has helped reinvent Newcastle and the players you have in back up like Bannan, Lichaj, Albrighton, Clarke and Baker etc would storm the championship. It would alow you to get an exciting young manager and get a winning mentality back.

Have I convinced you enough yet to go down  ;D.
Boing Boing

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #884 on: February 27, 2012, 06:55:20 PM »
I think it would be good for you. It has helped reinvent Newcastle and the players you have in back up like Bannan, Lichaj, Albrighton, Clarke and Baker etc would storm the championship. It would alow you to get an exciting young manager and get a winning mentality back.

Have I convinced you enough yet to go down  ;D.
McNugget doesn't need any convincing or encouragement to go down don't worry, he's the master at it. This time last year Blues had 30 points, we've got 29, and at this point last year injuries hit them just like they are with us. Dunne, Clark, Delph, Bent, Petrov all injured at the moment and Keane has gone who was head and shoulders our best player. As i said the only reason we'll stay up is by default of at least 3 other teams being worse than us. If he stays beyond this season though even more fans won't renew and will boycott games, i saw a poll where 70% said they wouldn't renew if he stays. Lerner needs to hold his hands up, admit it was a ridiculous mistake and sack him now, otherwise our crowds will be even lower next season and we'll be even closer to relegation next year. The thing is though knowing how clueless Lerner and his advisers are we'd end up with Steve Bruce or Avram Grant.

Albrighton and Bannan are overrated aswell, they're not Premier League players imo and will end up falling away into the Championship (probably with us!). It might sound strange but i'd be more excited going to places like Barnsley and Coventry for a season, taking 6000+, more than likely winning and being near the top of the league than going to Old Trafford and losing and trying to finish in the dizzy heights of 8th.

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #885 on: February 27, 2012, 06:57:57 PM »
Pleaseeeeee Terry Connor rejuvenate Wolves enough to get them above the Villa.

Pleaseeeeee Mark Hughes get your expensive squad earning their wages.

Pleaseeeeee Steve Kean keep the revival going.

Pleaseeeeee Big Eck, keep up the good work, your doing just fine!!!!

Just keep the Villa down the bottom and see the misery on their face when we muller them at The Hawthorns.  Cant wait.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #886 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »
At least Bent can go out shopping again on a Saturday afternoon
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #887 on: February 27, 2012, 07:46:27 PM »
At least Bent can go out shopping again on a Saturday afternoon

wait for the picture to be on twitter this saturday  :P

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #888 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »

This is why I'm glad we haven't won the European Cup. Expectations are well above what Villa should realistically be looking at.

Don't get me wrong your manager and tactics are s*** but are you one of the 10 best teams in the league? I'm not convinced.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #889 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
Randy Lerner's record as an owner in the NFL, a league with a salary cap, shared television and merchandising revenue, and in which weaker teams get easier fixtures and higher entry draft choices the following year:

year    W   L
2003    5  11
2004    4  12
2005    6  10
2006    4  12
2007   10   6
2008    4  12
2009    5  11
2010    5  11
2011    4  12

I would guess only Detroit and their 86-year-old owner have been worse over that interval.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:58:43 PM by Quakes Fan »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #890 on: February 28, 2012, 06:24:26 AM »
Oh dear oh dear, only old Emilia and yamomsa as the strike option.
Tough times for our rich neighbours.  :P
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #891 on: February 28, 2012, 08:11:17 AM »

When was the last time we did the double over the Vile? Come on stat men. This surely is the best time we have had in many a year to do them twice in one season

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #892 on: February 28, 2012, 08:13:12 AM »
Certianly looking bad for them, where are the goals going to come from.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #893 on: February 28, 2012, 09:01:07 AM »
Certianly looking bad for them, where are the goals going to come from.

Emile Heskey of course, dont you know your football :D

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #894 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:00 AM »
thinking out loud here, if we beat the villa at ours and then lose to wigan, qpr and blackburn that could drop them right in it couldn't it

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #895 on: February 28, 2012, 09:58:13 AM »
When was the last time we did the double over the Vile? Come on stat men. This surely is the best time we have had in many a year to do them twice in one season

Sticking me neck out a bit here but I've gone back to the 1930s & cant find us ever doing the league double over the villa.

Best I can do is 1966/7 season, we beat them 2-1 at home in the league & 6-1 at home in the league cup on our way to the final.

Here's the thing though  ;D ;D ;D the villa got relegated that season  ;D ;D ;D......hmmm talk about ya clutchin at straws!
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

BlackCountryVilla

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #896 on: February 28, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »
This is why I'm glad we haven't won the European Cup. Expectations are well above what Villa should realistically be looking at.

Don't get me wrong your manager and tactics are s*** but are you one of the 10 best teams in the league? I'm not convinced.
But are we one of the 10 biggest clubs in the league? Comfortably. I don't think expecting to be in the top half is anything out of the ordinary or too much to ask for, managing Villa you should finish in the top ten by default imo. Last season we were dire and still finished 9th. Also you have a team like Norwich sat in 8th and playing attractive football, we may have a very average squad and team these days but are our players worse than Norwich? We've got some decent attacking players, much better than Norwich imo, but when you set up for 0-0 draws they don't get utilised or played to their strengths. Thats what annoys me when the media and other fans make out like we think we have a divine right to be in the top four, we don't. The vast majority of our fans would be happy with top 8, playing some decent football that people actually want to watch and a decent cup run. For a club of our size thats not too much to ask for, we don't expect to win every game but we at least expect us to try to win and have a go.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #897 on: February 28, 2012, 10:42:53 AM »

1973/1974 
English Div 2 (old)  Sa 02Mar 1974   Aston Villa  1 - 3  West Brom     
English Div 2 (old)  We 26Dec 1973   West Brom  2 - 0  Aston Villa     

1964/1965 
English Div 1 (old)  Sa 27Feb 1965   West Brom  3 - 1  Aston Villa     
English Div 1 (old)  Sa 17Oct 1964   Aston Villa  0 - 1  West Brom     
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #898 on: February 28, 2012, 03:25:48 PM »
But are we one of the 10 biggest clubs in the league? Comfortably. I don't think expecting to be in the top half is anything out of the ordinary or too much to ask for, managing Villa you should finish in the top ten by default imo. Last season we were dire and still finished 9th. Also you have a team like Norwich sat in 8th and playing attractive football, we may have a very average squad and team these days but are our players worse than Norwich? We've got some decent attacking players, much better than Norwich imo, but when you set up for 0-0 draws they don't get utilised or played to their strengths. Thats what annoys me when the media and other fans make out like we think we have a divine right to be in the top four, we don't. The vast majority of our fans would be happy with top 8, playing some decent football that people actually want to watch and a decent cup run. For a club of our size thats not too much to ask for, we don't expect to win every game but we at least expect us to try to win and have a go.

Leeds are probably one of the ten biggest teams in the country so what? No offence but the arrogant we are a big club so should finish top 10 is where Villa fans go terribly wrong in my opinion.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #899 on: February 28, 2012, 04:27:10 PM »
Leeds are probably one of the ten biggest teams in the country so what? No offence but the arrogant we are a big club so should finish top 10 is where Villa fans go terribly wrong in my opinion.

Its every time they breathe in in mine
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'