Author Topic: FA Cup  (Read 90921 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: FA Cup
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
Anything but these to win the FA Cup!

Would be happy to watch villa get promoted, win the premierleague and win another European cup than see these lot win the FA cup. Just pray City can beat them!!
You must be insane  ;) I don't even like seeing the vile win the toss!.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2019, 12:09:39 PM »
You must be insane  ;) I don't even like seeing the vile win the toss!.

I just care about the villa as much as they care about us  :P  ;)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
Millwall 1 up against Brighton :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
The way we capitulated against Brighton looking more and more of a shame.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »
Wolves will find the Premier League much more difficult next season when teams go to their place and defend deep putting the onus on Wolves to break them down. That won't play to Wolves strengths.
Not so sure
I think they make top 4 next year .....IF they keep the manager, don't sell and add

I don't want them to, but anyone can see they are playing good football and getting better, different level to us due to the investment and the way FFP makes no sense to anyone
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2019, 09:49:38 PM »
DIVINE WIND. Wolves are doing well despite the rubbish on this forum.I don't want Wolves to remain better than WBA but I would like to think we can get as good in the near future.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2019, 11:42:58 PM »
I would have thought there would have been more chance of seeing Cliff Richard with a woman than Wolves getting to Wembley.

Oh look, there’s Cliff with Sue Barker. Now, remind me, where are the  FA Cup Semifinals played at?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2019, 12:04:47 AM »
So, Ben stands between Wolves and the final, with a little help from 10 team mates of course

Come on Ben, we need a clean sheet from you in this one

Watford v Wolves
Brighton v Man City
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2019, 07:17:05 AM »
So, Ben stands between Wolves and the final, with a little help from 10 team mates of course

Come on Ben, we need a clean sheet from you in this one

Watford v Wolves
Brighton v Man City
I think Gomes has been Watfords FA Cup keeper, things do change though
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2019, 08:29:09 AM »
I think Gomes has been Watfords FA Cup keeper, things do change though

Your right, but I was thinking Ben needs to be in against that lot  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2019, 07:24:55 PM »
Well the FA will be happy, City through to the final thanks possibly to VAR when Kyle Walker should have gone for moving his head down on another player but then VAR not being available at Swansea assisted then in the last round.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #211 on: April 06, 2019, 07:56:25 PM »
Walker was a very, very lucky boy today not to have been sent off. From what I saw of VAR, it just confirmed a sending off, how anyone considered differently, well it is a mystery to me.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: April 06, 2019, 10:14:16 PM »
Walker was a very, very lucky boy today not to have been sent off. From what I saw of VAR, it just confirmed a sending off, how anyone considered differently, well it is a mystery to me.

Why, he did not make contact, yellow was the correct decision.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #213 on: April 06, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »

Precedent. See Richarlison red card.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: April 07, 2019, 10:01:48 AM »

Are you sure?  :o They looked like Siamese twins, joined at the head

Additionally, Law 12 has provision for Intent and I would suggest Walker showed intent.

Take a look at the link below if you are still in doubt, Walker was indeed a very lucky boy.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/06/kyle-walker-somehow-avoids-red-card-var-review-headbutt-alireza-jahanbakhsh-9127111/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #215 on: April 07, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
1-0 Wolves 36min
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #216 on: April 07, 2019, 04:44:09 PM »
They were always likely to win today, and as much as I can't stand them you have to say fair play. If only we supported a club that gave a toss about cup competitions. Just got to hope City run riot in the final.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #217 on: April 07, 2019, 04:48:59 PM »
They Should have started with Foster, who is on the bench
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: April 07, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
2-0.

Wolves just a far better side. Frightening how good they will be in a year or two with continued investment...

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #219 on: April 07, 2019, 05:26:49 PM »
Will definitely give City a run for their money in the final..

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2019, 05:32:25 PM »
Wolves are off to a proper Wembley final.  Villa are surging into a play off position.... we give away any vague hope of automatic promotion back to the Premiership with an abject performance to finish in the play offs.  Probably to be beaten by Villa on their way back to the Premiership... We have owners with no clear plan for the club, and no buy in to this values and its history and who do not wish to invest further. God this is depressing.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2019, 05:40:04 PM »
Wolves are off to a proper Wembley final.  Villa are surging into a play off position.... we give away any vague hope of automatic promotion back to the Premiership with an abject performance to finish in the play offs.  Probably to be beaten by Villa on their way back to the Premiership... We have owners with no clear plan for the club, and no buy in to this values and its history and who do not wish to invest further. God this is depressing.

It's grim times for us right now despite being fourth in the Chumps.

Pride is taking a battering right now and we have a board that really do not seem to give a stuff - or indeed have a clue, which is the worst part. Whatever anyone might have said about the Peace era, it always felt to me like we had some ambition. Looking back it certainly seems that way to me.

I'm truly jaded by with people running our club. I crave some kind of revolution, but it ain't at all likely.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2019, 05:42:59 PM »
2-0.

Wolves just a far better side. Frightening how good they will be in a year or two with continued investment...

Hopefully our our owner will be watching this and take note but i doubt it!

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »
Watford pen....come on put it away...

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #224 on: April 07, 2019, 05:53:27 PM »

This is the problem.

With Wolves, you can see a plan has been put in place and has taken shape over a long time, meaning they've gotten better over time.

At Villa, they've backed a manager who isn't the biggest of names, who some wouldn't have wanted here, but he's targeted good players, worked with them on tactics and a style of play, and now it's coming together at just the right time.

We have no long term plan, at all. It's just short term thinking, as it has been from the second Dan Ashworth left the building.

We have no style of play. Other teams have a style, a game plan that you can see; we have a caretaker who is essentially a youth coach. And the targets for the position of head coach were all over the place, with different styles of football, different expectations, etc.

Until we have a long term plan and a way forward, the current malaise will continue.