Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2387952 times)

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #6650 on: January 04, 2021, 10:33:13 PM »
the other in favour of MacQuarie Bank specifically relating to the Dawson fee.
What's that about, do you know?
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6651 on: January 04, 2021, 10:34:44 PM »
From accounts to June 2019 (latest accounts)
Thanks!
#BOGOLO

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6652 on: January 04, 2021, 10:56:26 PM »
If a lender has a charge against the clubs assets or a future income flow then these are registered at Companies House. There seem to be two in place at the moment. One is broad floating charge on pretty much everything current and future in favour of Barclays and I am guessing that is an overdraft (totally standard terms) and the other in favour of MacQuarie Bank specifically relating to the Dawson fee.

I am not sure about how quickly any charge needs to be lodged with companies house but I am guessing it is more timely than the report and accounts.

From what I’m aware any charge need to be registered at companies house within 3 weeks of the date of the charge

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6653 on: January 04, 2021, 11:08:03 PM »
What's that about, do you know?

Watford owed us for Dawson, payable over 2/3 years.  We factored that debt by borrowing against it from Macquarie Bank to be able to use the cash immediately rather than waiting 2/3 years for it.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6654 on: January 04, 2021, 11:20:24 PM »
Lai. A man with no credibility. Sell and GO !

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6655 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:08 PM »
From what I can gather from 35 pages of legalese the MacQuarie charge hands over the rights to what looks like the 2nd instalment of the Dawson fee (£2.3m) which is due September this year. It also refers to £470k of sell on fee to be lodged with the EFL for onward transmission to Rochdale.

As far as I can make out there is no reference in the Charge to what the club has received in exchange for signing over the rights. Typically on transfer factoring it will be something in the region of 4 to 5 percent of the receivable amount 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6656 on: January 04, 2021, 11:35:02 PM »
From what I can gather from 35 pages of legalese the MacQuarie charge hands over the rights to what looks like the 2nd instalment of the Dawson fee (£2.3m) which is due September this year. It also refers to £470k of sell on fee to be lodged with the EFL for onward transmission to Rochdale.

As far as I can make out there is no reference in the Charge to what the club has received in exchange for signing over the rights. Typically on transfer factoring it will be something in the region of 4 to 5 percent of the receivable amount

Isn’t is the other way round?

Watford owed us £2.3m so Macquarie pay us cash now of (say) £2.1m and so we sign over to Macquarie all rights in respect of that £2.3m due from Watford and Macquarie pocket the extra £200k as their fee.  The security document is the charge over that £2.3m fee.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6657 on: January 04, 2021, 11:42:02 PM »
Isn’t is the other way round?

Watford owed us £2.3m so Macquarie pay us cash now of (say) £2.1m and so we sign over to Macquarie all rights in respect of that £2.3m due from Watford and Macquarie pocket the extra £200k as their fee.  The security document is the charge over that £2.3m fee.

You're both saying the same thing.  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6658 on: January 05, 2021, 12:05:37 AM »
You're both saying the same thing.  ;D

No - Standaman’s 2nd paragraph queried how much we received for transferring the rights. In my example the club would have paid, not received, £200,000 for handing over the rights as security (the effective “fee”) in order to receive the discounted cash sum now.   Not quite the same thing.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6659 on: January 05, 2021, 09:19:16 AM »
No - Standaman’s 2nd paragraph queried how much we received for transferring the rights. In my example the club would have paid, not received, £200,000 for handing over the rights as security (the effective “fee”) in order to receive the discounted cash sum now.   Not quite the same thing.

Which is what I was trying to convey I might have worded it better.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6660 on: January 05, 2021, 12:42:33 PM »
Thanks, both/all of you. It was the first I'd heard of that which was why I asked.
#BOGOLO

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6661 on: January 05, 2021, 01:39:55 PM »
Thanks, both/all of you. It was the first I'd heard of that which was why I asked.

I think the point we're trying to make is that it would be suicidal to mortgage this seasons spending against income for future seasons & building up a mountain of debt.

It's the route most of the basket case clubs have taken.

Personally, while I accept that staged payments are an option, I've not seen any evidence from the accounts of clubs of our size that it's a widespread practice.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6662 on: January 11, 2021, 01:35:04 PM »
Hearing that a deal to buy the club could take place in the next few months, but no formal or expectable offers yet
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6663 on: January 11, 2021, 04:37:25 PM »
The £4m owing the club has, apparently, accrued interest of £1m so far and Lai doesn't have the funds to pay it off because of the pandemic, allegedly
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6664 on: January 11, 2021, 05:54:25 PM »
The £4m owing the club has, apparently, accrued interest of £1m so far and Lai doesn't have the funds to pay it off because of the pandemic, allegedly

Where have you heard that from?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6665 on: January 11, 2021, 06:07:40 PM »
Where have you heard that from?

From a shareholder
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6666 on: January 11, 2021, 06:13:39 PM »

According to the club's accounts, it accrues interest at 5% above BoE base rates, & is payable on demand.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6667 on: January 11, 2021, 06:18:07 PM »

Sounds plausible until this part which sounds like hearsay.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6668 on: January 11, 2021, 06:35:28 PM »
Sounds plausible until this part which sounds like hearsay.

It wasn’t hearsay, it was given as the reason for none payment and I did qualify by “allegedly”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6669 on: January 11, 2021, 06:45:31 PM »
It wasn’t hearsay, it was given as the reason for none payment and I did qualify by “allegedly”

Just don't see that anyone knows Lai's financial position Colin.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6670 on: January 11, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »
Just don't see that anyone knows Lai's financial position Colin.

I’m told It was a quote by Ken at a recent meeting with S4A
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6671 on: January 12, 2021, 10:33:10 AM »

Seems strange he hasn't paid it because of a shortage of funds due to the pandemic when the official party line for some time has been he can't pay it because he can't get money out of China.

I wonder if this will become the new party line (reason/ready made excuse given) should the Chinese government relax it's rules on foreign investments.

Ed: whatever the original reason for none payment I'm thinking he's hoping to pass the debt onto any prospective buyer, on the grounds he has no intention of throwing more good money after bad.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:36:57 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6672 on: January 12, 2021, 11:57:32 AM »
Seems strange he hasn't paid it because of a shortage of funds due to the pandemic when the official party line for some time has been he can't pay it because he can't get money out of China.

I wonder if this will become the new party line (reason/ready made excuse given) should the Chinese government relax it's rules on foreign investments.

Ed: whatever the original reason for none payment I'm thinking he's hoping to pass the debt onto any prospective buyer, on the grounds he has no intention of throwing more good money after bad.

You'd be correct in that assumption
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6673 on: January 12, 2021, 12:04:17 PM »
Grant 15m
Diangana 12m (potentially. rising to £17m)
Kipre £1m
Button £1m
Pereira £8m
Robinson £2m (in addition to Burke)
Krov loan fee
Gallagher loan fee

Forgetting the factoring, you could spin that we did commit to spending approximately £47m, which shocks me a little now I see it written down.

£8m for Periera was allegedly already allocated for.  So in reality, this season, we spent on Grant and Diangana - the others are negligible.  Shows how much you actually need to spend when you need to bring in 6 or 7 players, all that will be 1st choice.