Author Topic: 16 Oct 2017 Leicester City 1 Albion 1  (Read 49128 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:00 PM »
Beyond harsh to say today wasn't entertaining. Was bitterly disappointed not to get the 3 points as we were defiantly the better side. Hardly like we nicked a goal and sat on the edge of the box...
2nd half was entertaining unlike the 1st half which was a bore fest. will be lucky to get 3 points with one shot on target during games. 

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
Sorry but If that was excitement for you, you need to get out more.
The poster is correct we were the better team. Your arrogance is unnecessary.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #252 on: October 16, 2017, 10:39:49 PM »
Can't work out the negativity on hear. Tough place to go. Good second half. There was numerous accasions when Albion attacked with 3/4 players right to the final whistle. It wasn't pulis fault that the players picked the wrong pass in the final 3rd? You can't say we didn't have a go. I've seen a lot worse over the years. Good point Albion. 3 next week down at st Mary's. Boing boing

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: October 16, 2017, 10:40:56 PM »
Or maybe I've got the intelligence to realise that we aren't going to be playing tika taka style and just try and enjoy what i can instead of fighting the system and ruining the happiness i get from games.

Id advices just not bothering if you really struggle to enjoy at least a medicorum of whats on display.

if we were as terrible as we were that 15/16 season id totally understand, id be calling for pulis head, like i was back then. but we aren't. We've come a long way since then. I just wish people could grasp that.

A what?!  :o

If you are going to try and use large words to sound intelligent, don't completely balls it up would be my advice to you...

Sick of the sarcasm of those criticising anyone wanting Pulis gone because they want some entertainment. I am anti-Pulis and accept why people would want him as our manager for the safety element that he brings, no need for sarcasm coming the other way.

A modicum of decency toward your fellow poster from you would be welcome.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:44:27 PM by Fritzl Palace »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #254 on: October 16, 2017, 10:42:32 PM »
Can't work out the negativity on hear. Tough place to go. Good second half. There was numerous accasions when Albion attacked with 3/4 players right to the final whistle. It wasn't pulis fault that the players picked the wrong pass in the final 3rd? You can't say we didn't have a go. I've seen a lot worse over the years. Good point Albion. 3 next week down at st Mary's. Boing boing
Pulis doesn't play much with the ball in training.
The players can't pass because they are not used to it.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #255 on: October 16, 2017, 10:46:37 PM »
The poster is correct we were the better team. Your arrogance is unnecessary.

How is that arrogance?

We were poor, we are boring to watch and negative... try opening your eyes and speaking about what's infront of you instead of keep comparing us to the yo yo days where we were in and out of the championship.

There's no excuse/reason for a club with the players we have to be so boring and negative constantly.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #256 on: October 16, 2017, 10:50:49 PM »
Throwing away points from winning positions. Attack best for of defence and all that. Like v Stoke and Watford more aggressive proactive subs could have seen it out.

Rodriquez not doing it. Rondon held the ball up better than he has done for a long while amazing what a goal does. Polish Greg and Barry didn't do as well tonight as usual, the former hadn't got 90 minutes in the tank sadly.

Gibbs again our best player.

Needs to win Saturday or he could be on his bike, upcoming fixtures aren't kind for us
O Albion we love you

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #257 on: October 16, 2017, 10:52:15 PM »
Pulis doesn't play much with the ball in training.
The players can't pass because they are not used to it.

They're pro footballers. I can go weeks without playing 5 aside and still notch a double hattrick if I turn out as a ringer. Everything isn't Pulis' fault.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #258 on: October 16, 2017, 10:53:51 PM »
in what way were we the better team?  imo if anything I thought Leicester just shaded it with a draw probably a fair outcome.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #259 on: October 16, 2017, 10:55:59 PM »
Think we should have won the game given the number of times we broke forward when Leicester had players out of position. But we are not quite good or accurate enough to pick the right passes and finish off moves clinically. Again, you wonder how much attention this gets in training, compared with all the set-piece and defensive shape training.
However, great goal by Chadli. Reckon he's the only player we have who could strike that over the wall and in. Pleased to see him given a chance. Still nowhere near his best but hopefully he's given more chances. Chadli looks a confidence player. Don't mind if some of his moves don't come off, as long as he has confidence to try.
Krychowiak is another class player, but he needs the freedom to get forward to set up chances. Maybe he needs more match fitness, but once he gets there he could turn into one of the most effective midfielders in the Prem.
Also full marks to Myhill for his courage and shots he did stop. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: October 16, 2017, 10:56:35 PM »
in what way were we the better team?  imo if anything I thought Leicester just shaded it with a draw probably a fair outcome.

I thought we controlled the game until the final third and  probably deserved the win. Thought the ref was quite lenient with the constant niggly fouls by Ndidi and Iborre.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #261 on: October 16, 2017, 10:57:30 PM »
We wasn't the better team we are never the better team, and that is the sad fact of the matter because with the right gaffer we would be.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2017, 10:58:49 PM »
Good point in the end and we protected Myhill superbly.  We were done by one intelligent back header. Shame we couldn't see it out, but with a crocked goalkeeper from 46 minutes,  it was a decent result.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #263 on: October 16, 2017, 11:04:16 PM »
We wasn't the better team we are never the better team, and that is the sad fact of the matter because with the right gaffer we would be.
For a change I actually thought over the 90 we edged it especially away from home , apart from 5 mins after half time I thought they were poor attacking wise.
We certainly were poor in the final third though again , bad goal to give away from being a classic 1-0 Pulis away game.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #264 on: October 16, 2017, 11:12:34 PM »
For a change I actually thought over the 90 we edged it especially away from home , apart from 5 mins after half time I thought they were poor attacking wise.
We certainly were poor in the final third though again , bad goal to give away from being a classic 1-0 Pulis away game.

In terms of goalscoring chances I think we had 1 which we scored, whereas they had 4 and scored 1 so overall I think Leicester should have won it, but both teams were quite poor and a draw wasn't too unusual in the circumstances.

I don't know whether to rate Chadli or not, he's pretty bad at times and lazy, but he's also our only player that can do stuff like that and without him we'd have lost tonight.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #265 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:54 PM »
credit to pulis for switching hegazi and evans around,that was a red card waiting to happen the diving little rat faced vardy would have made sure of that.
credit to myhill for not time wasting as well, hate to see it. 

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: October 16, 2017, 11:31:55 PM »
Or maybe I've got the intelligence to realise that we aren't going to be playing tika taka style and just try and enjoy what i can instead of fighting the system and ruining the happiness i get from games.

Id advices just not bothering if you really struggle to enjoy at least a medicorum of whats on display.

if we were as terrible as we were that 15/16 season id totally understand, id be calling for pulis head, like i was back then. but we aren't. We've come a long way since then. I just wish people could grasp that.

This is what I was mentioning in another thread about people turning up and moaning before the Game has even started. Just look at the pre match thread for most games this season as an example. Really sucks the atmosphere and fun out of going to the games when people have made their mind up before a ball is kicked.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 11:41:37 PM by TheBrom »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: October 16, 2017, 11:40:54 PM »

I don't know whether to rate Chadli or not, he's pretty bad at times and lazy, but he's also our only player that can do stuff like that and without him we'd have lost tonight.
As i said in previous post, I think he is a confidence player. With that type of player you want him to take risks even if it means losing the ball. If he just passes the ball around safely, there are other players who can offer more. Don't forget this was his first league game, so he needs a bit more match practice. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #268 on: October 17, 2017, 02:12:22 AM »
From the BBC...
 Pulis will be concerned at the annoying habit his side have developed of turning victories into draws.

They dropped two points at home to Stoke on 27 August when Peter Crouch was allowed to equalise in the 77th minute, and Richarlison secured a point for Watford with a 90th-minute goal at The Hawthorns on 30 September.

Had they held out against Stoke, Watford and Leicester, West Brom would be fourth in the table on 16 points.

Instead, they are 10th on 10 points.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #269 on: October 17, 2017, 08:02:49 AM »
Decent point but with more ambition would have won that game tonight

Greg was dire 2nd half, someone above touched on it he doesn’t have the legs for 90 at the min but he is still bedding in

Gibbs was excellent, much prefer a LB @ LB

Barry gave away passes which is unlike him tonight

Shout out to Myhill thought he did well

f it wasn't our club that would be really funny to read.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #270 on: October 17, 2017, 08:05:25 AM »
From the BBC...
 Pulis will be concerned at the annoying habit his side have developed of turning victories into draws.

They dropped two points at home to Stoke on 27 August when Peter Crouch was allowed to equalise in the 77th minute, and Richarlison secured a point for Watford with a 90th-minute goal at The Hawthorns on 30 September.

Had they held out against Stoke, Watford and Leicester, West Brom would be fourth in the table on 16 points.

Instead, they are 10th on 10 points.

I thought exactly this last night. So angry with our attitude right now. We lack any killer instinct, just happy to roll over for a draw and a tummy tickle.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #271 on: October 17, 2017, 08:12:07 AM »
Listen to the match on Radio 5 and the commentators were saying how awful it was (my own ears could also tell how poor it was); even worse than Liverpool v Man Utd. Both sides were poor; constantly giving the ball away. The only two moments of any class appear to be the goals.

I thought Pulis made the wrong substitutions should have kept one of Chadli or Rodriguez on and maybe taken Livermore off instead. McClean came on but only had Rondon up front to supply. If he was determined to take off both Chadli and Rodriguez why not replace them with Phillips and McClean who both do the defensive part of their job as well as being able to push us forward with pace?

A draw sounded the fairest result; Leicester seemed to have a lot of chances albeit without any quality.

Chris Waddle said that we should be playing Rodriguez through the middle where he is effective as he is not a winger. I'd have to agree and he has looked effective there this season particularly against Bournemouth.

Support sounded good on the radio.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2017, 08:55:37 AM »
Leicester were a team that were there for the taking last night and in true Albion fashion we let them off the hook. The draw was a fair result as both sides were as bad as one another, terrible game of football.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #273 on: October 17, 2017, 09:00:04 AM »
he should have taken myhill off
this invited much more pressure and changed momentum

it was obvious at the time - and depsite myhill wanting to be a hero and stay on, it cost us

WednesburyAlbion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: October 17, 2017, 09:38:26 AM »
Not massively bothered about the result. You know we'll be between 8th and 16th all season anyway - I've stopped paying any real attention to the table.

In terms of entertainment, it was much better. I thought we did have a go to some extent and poor decision making probably cost us.

Gibbs looks a class above for me. We're a much stronger squad than last season!

Integrate Philips and Burke into that and we could start to look decent and a proper counter attacking side.

Bit of bad luck with 2 goalkeepers being injured at the same time.