West Bromwich Albion FC Forums > West Bromwich Albion FC

Matty Phillips

(1/366) > >>

MarkW:
Think he deserves his own thread

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-edging-closer-matt-9560312

West Bromwich Albion are making headway in their pursuit of QPR winger Matt Phillips and have also offered a new contract to coach Gerry Francis.

24-year-old Phillips has become Tony Pulis’ top transfer target and lengthy negotiations with QPR appear to be paying dividends.

QPR were looking for around £7 million for a player who was bought from Blackpool two years ago for £5million.

Pulis is also keen to keep Francis at The Hawthorns.

Francis is out-of-contract after joining Albion in the middle of January in a move that saw Paul Jewell quit after just a few days at the helm.

There have been reports that Francis has been in talks with QPR about re-joining the Loftus Road club.

Francis still lives in London and clearly the commute is far from ideal but Albion are confident he will put pen to paper.

Dubya BA:
I hope we get him and this thread goes on for a long time but I have a feeling that's being too optimistic.

Prove me wrong please!

wba1993dave:
Offer QPR 20 million for Phillips and Austin. You know it makes sense. JP's last present for us all. 8) (If he does leave).

tuamigos:

--- Quote from: wba1993dave on July 01, 2015, 02:39:20 PM ---Offer QPR 20 million for Phillips and Austin. You know it makes sense. JP's last present for us all. 8) (If he does leave).

--- End quote ---

I can see JP doing more farewell tours than Tina Turner  8)

BaggieBirdRus:
I can see this deal being linked in with one for Austin if we are serious about him. I think he will be our marquee winger and judging on the second half of last season it'll be a great buy if we can get him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version