Author Topic: FORMULA ONE THREAD  (Read 45280 times)

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

Re: FORMULA ONE THREAD
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »
Also surprised but really respect his decision. If you achieve your dream then you can bow out with your head held high and move onto a new adventure.

Im guessing Max is stuck at Red Bull now for at least another year. No idea how the contracts work if they could steal him.

I don't think Alonso has committed to McLaren yet so could be a good shout for 1 year and then get Max in 2018

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 02:02:07 PM »
Very surprised at this!!

I think he has bowed out on a high but he knows deep down he won that title through luck....

I like Rosberg though, certainly a better person than Hamilton I just prefer Hamilton as a driver
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 01:16:33 PM »
Who would you like to his teammate? Would love to see a Hamilton and Alonso reunion. They're still the best two drivers in my opinion and sparks would fly. Verstappen, Ricciardo or Vettel would be good too. Imagine they'll just plumb for a compliant no.2.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2017, 07:52:17 AM »
Anyone going to give this a try this year? Supposed to have a load new regulations etc. I fear a Hamilton procession this year! The sport needs seb vettel to make a challenge against him

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2017, 09:15:57 AM »
Anyone going to give this a try this year? Supposed to have a load new regulations etc. I fear a Hamilton procession this year! The sport needs seb vettel to make a challenge against him

I was looking forward to it. Watched a bit of the testing and was getting excited about the possibility of the other teams catching up. Woke up this morning to see Hamilton on pole and first in practice. Not a great start, which is a shame as if it was someone a bit different I'd be turning the highlights on right now. As it is I can't be bothered already

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
 i find it interesting that the powers that be want closer racing with more overtaking and yet the rules make the cars with increased tyre width etc bigger therefore surely less room on the road for overtaking more so if the cars are evenly matched
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2017, 09:52:07 AM »
i find it interesting that the powers that be want closer racing with more overtaking and yet the rules make the cars with increased tyre width etc bigger therefore surely less room on the road for overtaking more so if the cars are evenly matched

Was just reading that they are making further changes but not until next year  :-\. Such as shortening the nose and removing some of the other bits. Also only allowed to use 4 engines this year, so probably see a lot of coasting and saving engine life.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2017, 10:12:22 AM »
I was looking forward to it. Watched a bit of the testing and was getting excited about the possibility of the other teams catching up. Woke up this morning to see Hamilton on pole and first in practice. Not a great start, which is a shame as if it was someone a bit different I'd be turning the highlights on right now. As it is I can't be bothered already

Agreed. There is something about f1 that just feels not right anymore. I've loved it since the Prost senna and mansell days but it just does not feel the same anymore. Some of the things that get talked about are just plain boring. I'm not interested in the fact that so and so is on this type of tyre and he had to use this type by the end of the race etc. Also the drivers over the radio moan so much I feel now, he blocked me he must have a drive through Charlie or he's just driven all four wheels of the track etc. Maybe the always did but we never used to hear it. Even some of the new tracks lack identity and whilst I don't want to see people hurt etc they lack close racing, a bit like some of these new stadiums etc. I feel rosberg retiring has robbed us of a least a good inter term battle as he clearly could get under hamiltons skin. I fear Hamilton will thrash bottas and Don't start me on mcclaren.

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2017, 10:58:28 AM »
Mercedes still look comfortably superior to the rest. I fear another yawnfest. Good if you're a Hamilton fan I suppose.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2017, 01:33:19 PM »
Mercedes still look comfortably superior to the rest. I fear another yawnfest. Good if you're a Hamilton fan I suppose.

Yeah I still think the Mercedes have more to give as well. Are there any races on 'terrestrial' TV this year? Or is it all Sky?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2017, 04:35:46 PM »
Yeah I still think the Mercedes have more to give as well. Are there any races on 'terrestrial' TV this year? Or is it all Sky?
What 2017 F1 races will be shown live on Channel Four this season?
16 Apr: Bahrain
30 Apr: Russia
28 May: Monaco
25 Jun: Azerbaijan
16 Jul: Great Britain
27 Aug: Belgium
17 Sep: Singapore
1 Oct: Malaysia
22 Oct: USA
26 Nov: Abu Dhabi

h

Take tour of the track Lewis Hamilton will visit in Azerbaijan for the first time after Canadian GP
Formula One 2017 UK television schedule
26 Mar: Australia - Sky Sports F1
9 Apr: China - Sky Sports F1
16 Apr: Bahrain - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
30 Apr: Russia - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
14 May: Spain - Sky Sports F1
28 May: Monaco - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
11 Jun: Canada - Sky Sports F1
25 Jun: Azerbaijan - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
9 Jul: Austria - Sky Sports F1
16 Jul: Great Britain - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
30 Jul: Hungary - Sky Sports F1
27 Aug: Belgium - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
3 Sep: Italy - Sky Sports F1
17 Sep: Singapore - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
1 Oct: Malaysia - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
8 Oct: Japan - Sky Sports F1
22 Oct: USA - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
29 Oct: Mexico - Sky Sports F1
12 Nov: Brazil - Sky Sports F1
26 Nov: Abu Dhabi - Sky Sports F1, Channel 4
Latest motorsport news

BACK IN BUSINESS Lewis Hamilton makes flying start to the season as he secures pole in Australia ahead of Sebastian Vettel

on the grid When is the Australian Grand Prix 2017? When does the F1 season start? Here's what we know

F1nally underway LIVE - Lewis Hamilton makes flying start as he clinches pole at Australian Grand Prix ahead of Sebastian Vettel

Mc-attack McLaren and Honda heading for bitter breakup with F1 team left furious with quality of engines

WEHR NEXT? Pascal Wehrlein pulls out of Australian Grand Prix after declaring himself unfit following back injury

'Expect results' Mark Webber tips four-time world champ and old foe Sebastian Vettel to come out fighting in Australia

retyrement Lewis Hamilton is already planning his retirement... but first he wants to reclaim his F1 crown

Joly good Brit Jolyon Palmer is set to take F1 world by storm... but only after passing driving test at THIRD attempt

'There's nobody harder' Teen star Max Verstappen insists it's his DAD'S fault he's aggressive on the F1 track

'They had a sniff' Christian Horner reveals Mercedes tried to snap-up his Red Bull drivers after Nico Rosberg retired

WHAT'S NEW No more safety car in wet weather, more powerful engines, and faster tyres: The stunning rule changes ahead of the most exciting F1 season ever

shoe-in for title Lewis Hamilton reveals his shoe collection is too big for his house.. and 'thinks' all his trophies are in storage

Topics
Explainers
F1
Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)

Now
Comment

More from the sun

GETAWAY MA Idiot raider cut his hand trying to rob petrol station – and...

A WAIST OF TIME Chantelle Connelly in Photoshop fail as she’s caught making ...

'I CAN'T STAND ALL THIS "PRAYFORLONDON" C***' Man Utd ace Chris Smalling’s fiancée makes controversial Ins...

TAKEN DOWN Dramatic moment London attack terrorist Khalid Masood is sho...

NOT A PATCH ON HOLLY Keith Lemon mocks Holly Willoughby’s ‘wet patch’ photo fail ...
Sponsored content

Why This New Card Machine Is Taking the UK by Storm!
Expert Market

How Much Do You Really Know About Car Engines? Take the Quiz to Find Out
Zoo

Why Thread.com Offers Men An Easier Way to Shop Their Style
Fashion Insider

Think The F-15 Was Bad - You Should See This Plane
theBrofessional.net

Vettel fastest in shortened final practice
ESPN F1
by
Comments
0 comments
Sign in

+ Follow

Post comment as...

Newest | Oldest | Top Comments

Most Popular

Video Exclusive

GET IN THE CAR, PM! Moment Theresa May runs the WRONG way before being bundled into car by armed security team

Real Slim's baby Remember Eminem’s adorable daughter Hailie? You won’t believe what she looks like now

SPORTY SPICE? Victoria Beckham is almost unrecognisable in trainers and a cap as she dresses down for day with Harper

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2017, 07:42:46 AM »
Christ F1 needed that. Can't read too much into the first race but the Mercs and Ferrari look pretty close so hopefully it'll be a decent season.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »
Got the result ruined by my BBC Sport app telling me the winner when I woke up. Watched the highlights knowing the winner but was excited to see the move to get the lead at least. Should have guessed it would be all down to a pit stop as usual. As much as F1 needed a different winner, realistically he's only won because he did a couple of quick laps when Hamilton pitted and his tyres lasted a bit longer..

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2017, 09:25:56 PM »
Should watch moto gp instead f1 is boring  . it's follow the leader .

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2017, 08:04:59 PM »
Lewis Hamilton using tax loopholes in the Carribean, Isle of Man and lives in Switzerland.

How on earth can he morally fly the flag for GB when he doesn't even want to live here or pay his fair share?!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:07:07 PM by BB74 »

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »
Lewis Hamilton using tax loopholes in the Carribean, Isle of Man and lives in Switzerland.

How on earth can he morally fly the flag for GB when he doesn't even want to live here or pay his fair share?!
A lot of the time, he holds our Union flag upside down !

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2018, 11:23:34 PM »
Another world championship for Lewis Hamilton
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2018, 06:46:01 AM »
Another world championship for Lewis Hamilton

At least he has been a bit more grown up about it this year

Still cannot stand the bloke.
MAGA!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2018, 09:15:03 AM »
I believe that makes Hamilton the joint 2nd most successful F1 racer?

2 titles behind Schumacher.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
For most of his championships he has had the best car by miles, any of the F1 drivers would be ‘World Champion’ in that car. Of course, he is a good driver but not in the same league as Jackie Stewart, Stirling Moss, Juan Manuel Fangio and absolutely nowhere near the late, very great Jim Clark.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2020, 08:52:29 PM »
I know many of you ridicule f1 on here, and I admit it’s not the same as it used to be. So I just wanted to mention today 26 years ago one of if not the greatest left us, I can’t believe it’s be so long. Rip Ayrton Senna one of the greatest sportsman of all time
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:15:30 PM by MarkW »

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2020, 05:46:43 PM »
Same result In LH Winning but a huge Crash for Romain Grosjean he hit an ArmCo barrier at 140MPH his Car Split in Half and then Caught Fire he got but suffered burns to His Hands and Ankles
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2020, 11:12:28 AM »
Pietro Fittipaldi (grandson of former F1 and Indycar champion Emerson Fittipaldi) will replace Romain Grosjean while he’s hospitalised. He’s been the Haas test drive for a couple of years and is a Ferrari academy driver so should know the tech fairly well.

No disrespect but even if he is slightly slower, so long as he can crash at a lower rate than Grosjean then he may just be an improvement. Be better than having to rebuild the car every other week.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2020, 11:22:46 AM »
I lost interest in F1 long ago but I am very pleased that we didn’t have a fatality in that race. The engineering that goes into those cars is truly amazing, it’s just a shame that it is all so processional these days.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 09:19:47 AM »
While they are in the news cycle, Haas have announced Formula 2 driver Nikita Mazepin will be one of their drivers for next season, meaning at least one of Romain Grosjean or Kevin Magnussen will not have a seat at the team. Despite the 2nd driver not being announced yet, both have stated a potential desire for Indycar, so maybe both will go to the states for 2021?

Edit:- after further research, both Grosjean and Magnussen will leave Haas and have had open talks with Indycar teams. I can’t find if it’ll be full seasons or part time work like Alonso only doing the Indy500.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 09:24:20 AM by Hunnington Baggie »