Author Topic: We are going down ?  (Read 79480 times)

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

Re: Impact of last night's result
« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2014, 09:49:45 AM »
Theres no impact at all in my opinion. A point was useless to both teams probaly even more useless to sunderland then city. Sunderland go to chelsea saturday.

City have to beat us.if liverpool win sunday they have to beat us to even have a glimour of hope.

City will beat us im quite certain of that (i hope im wrong)

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2014, 10:14:32 AM »
A win would have changed the landscape but a draw whilst creditable does very little to change Sunderland's prospects. The Cardiff game is still an absolute must win for both teams, the loser is consigned to the Championship but a draw would possibly see both relegated.

It is very simple from our perspective if we win against West Ham and draw against either Sunderland or Stoke there is very little likelihood of us being relegated almost regardless of what Sunderland or anyone else does. Okay if all the bottom four suddenly string four results together we are in the mire but realistically that seems unlikely given that the teams at the bottom are there because they haven't been able to do that all season.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
Even if it has given Sunderland a chink of light they have run out of games, virtually 3 wins behind us.He gets my coach of the season if he keeps them up.Imposibles
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:43 AM »
stokies would be doing us a huge favor if they beat Cardiff, Will ease the pressure significantly on us.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2014, 10:22:58 AM »
stokies would be doing us a huge favor if they beat Cardiff, Will ease the pressure significantly on us.

Spot on and tottenham and Southampton on Saturday along with Chelsea
Liverpool on Sunday

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2014, 12:26:22 PM »
If we go down it will be our own fault.
We have three winnable games in West Ham,Sunderland and Stoke.If Norwich,Cardiff and Fulham had these to play we would all be saying they should win them so why can't we!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: We are going down.
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
If we do go down.Who do you blame?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2014, 01:12:43 PM »

The players, Clarke and Peace. I feel sorry for Pepe Mel for being thrown into this mess.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2014, 01:13:48 PM »

Peace, Clarke, Mel, the players, back room staff, Garlick. More or less everyone.

Clueless bunch of idiots every single one of them.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2014, 01:20:37 PM »
Would any of you chaps prefer Championship football

I can't imagine there's any Albion supporter who wants to see Albion relegated, but all we as supporters can do is cheer them on, give positive support at the matches and hope for the best.

We'll clearly have a bit of a better picture of how things stand by around 10pm on Monday night but at the time of typing this you'd have to favour us above the present bottom four clubs to avoid the drop.

Clearly though when you're going through a tough old season, the attractions of the alternatives can come into play a lot more than when things are going (relatively) well.

If the worst were to happen, I suppose there would be the obvious supporter benefits of less TV fixture changes (and I know we get off fairly lightly compared with many clubs), and for those of us who like to travel to a few away games, the obvious plus point of cheaper tickets and less likelihood of forward planning for a match to find it's switched to a Monday night and charging £56 (I'm positive we could have sold 3000+ tickets for Man City if it was on a weekend with reasonable ticket prices rather than the 300 we've sold).

There's a number of away fixtures which would be very attractive (the Midlands ones obviously) and a couple that would make an ideal weekend away.

There would be a lot more midweek matches, something which I enjoy and is very convenient with working nearby and a direct train home (fully acknowledge that is not the case for many though).

Plus we get an extra 3 home matches with our Season Tickets (ha ha).

I'd also definitely not miss all the Premiership hype and obsession with greed and cash, plus the sense of arrogance and entitlement of the supporters of the bigger clubs

I'm really confident we'll actually avoid the drop, and really hope so as there are some decent clubs in the Championship and being able to bounce straight back, especially with the likelihood of a big Summer of upheaval ahead regardless of our league status, is far from certain.

But I think, after the initial huge disappointment, that's how I'd view it if the worst happened as there'd be no point in being a miserable git all Summer! 

As I say though, I think we'll just about be OK and certainly hope so.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 01:27:25 PM by Brummie Road »

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2014, 02:23:32 PM »
Saturday is more important than Monday as we are not expecting to get anything. Hopefully some or all of the results will go our way on Saturday. Must say I am particularly worried about Cardiff v Stoke though.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2014, 02:24:57 PM »
Saturday is more important than Monday as we are not expecting to get anything. Hopefully some or all of the results will go our way on Saturday. Must say I am particularly worried about Cardiff v Stoke though.

The good news is if they do win they are still below us having played 2 games more

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2014, 07:16:46 PM »

The good news is if they do win they are still below us having played 2 games more

True but it will be getting too close for comfort.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »
It will just mean we have to beat West Ham thats all :D
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2014, 08:25:50 PM »

Absolutely no way, as much as I hate the PL and greed I want to watch us playing the best teams every week.

That long slog in the championship sounds unbearable to me.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2014, 11:00:37 PM »
It will just mean we have to beat West Ham thats all :D

Or three more of our speciality draws.....
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2014, 08:07:13 AM »
with the hope of getting promoted back to .........the Premier League!

There's nothing I miss about the Championship.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2014, 09:01:40 AM »
I think we will be safe just Mel gets two home wins and a draw with Sunderland that's forty points and safety

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2014, 09:21:33 AM »
I think we will be safe just Mel gets two home wins and a draw with Sunderland that's forty points and safety

Id be amazed and delighted if that was the case, I think were going to do it the other way a win at sunderland and draw v the spammers.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2014, 06:13:57 PM »
results have been quite kind. we get a free hit at man city really so hopefully a team with a bit of pace to hit them on the break. Swansea winning puts them almost safe think we really need just 3 points with our goal difference.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2014, 07:08:15 PM »
I'm far from convinced we will stay up.  I've had a nagging feeling for so long now that Stoke will relegate us and it will be Odemwingie who puts the final nail in the coffin. 

collins101

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #221 on: April 19, 2014, 07:27:57 PM »
If we don't beat west ham then I think that'll be it for us. Sunderland are grinding out big results while we are throwing away points, Fulham have an easy run in on paper too.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #222 on: April 19, 2014, 07:28:11 PM »
We've had so many chances to get out of trouble and blown every one of them, you really do have to think its all setting up to be a season with a sting in its tail.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #223 on: April 19, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »
I am very very worried. I am not sure we have the bottle to see it out.

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #224 on: April 19, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »
One positive is that Liverpool have a massive incentive to get one hand on the Trophy tomorrow at Norwich. I still have a feeling that Norwich will still add to their own points tally before the end of the season.
Sunderland away is now looking like a huge game we dare not lose, the Black cats have Cardiff at home next week and last game of the season is home to Swansea who are all but safe.
It's still in our own hands but that's the trouble,  I don't trust our lot to get the job done.