Author Topic: Tyrone Mears  (Read 60927 times)

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tyrone Mears signs official
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2018, 07:42:20 PM »
Wow calm down he wont play, just cover for injuries at best. Cover until Jan and then he will go and a replacement will be signed if needed. If he does play and is useless then feel free to moan but at least wait to judge.
I wonder who that mears is then in the starting 11 tonight?

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »
I wonder who that mears is then in the starting 11 tonight?

Getting game time along with many other second stringers.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
What's that noise?

Oh, it's the bottom of the barrel we are scraping.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2018, 07:52:07 PM »
Just bizarre.

Whatever happened to Crainie? 4 years younger and a fairly solid Championship player it seems. Sadly this singing stinks of the short-term option.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:33 PM »
Five pages and he hasn’t been here 24 hours yet. What’s the highest number of pages on a topic, as it could be in danger of being surpassed ASAP!  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2018, 08:09:37 PM »
I'll pass judgement after tonight, if he's a decent journeyman, that's ok as long he's on a small salary, we're going to need cover at times.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2018, 09:50:47 PM »
Rolling monthly contract, if he’s cack he could be gone in 4 weeks what’s the problem?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:06:07 PM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2018, 09:55:40 PM »
Rolling monthly contract, if he crack he could be gone in 4 weeks what’s the problem?

That we've not signed someone better?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2018, 10:06:58 PM »
That we've not signed someone better?
Still could, snacks of an insurance signing
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »
Was worse than average against Mansfield. It doesn't bode well.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2018, 11:29:35 PM »
Was worse than average against Mansfield. It doesn't bode well.
not surprising been playing in an inferior league for years and wasn't much cop when he last played in Championship

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2018, 11:51:51 PM »
Nothing to worry about as he will be back-up at best. Poor tonight.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2018, 06:52:12 AM »
why have we put a sticking plaster on a position that needs major surgery?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2018, 07:54:33 AM »
It was only league 2 opposition but surely he wasn't THAT bad last night. I know a few have said he made mistakes first half, and having sat lower in the east stand it wasn't the best position in the ground to judge his performance with him being the other side of the pitch, but I watched him second hald and he didn't do much wrong and he was very fit.

Can't see how he can cope with the championship now having not been good enough 4 years ago, but feel the analysis from last night is maybe hyper critical.
Boing Boing

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
It was only league 2 opposition but surely he wasn't THAT bad last night. I know a few have said he made mistakes first half, and having sat lower in the east stand it wasn't the best position in the ground to judge his performance with him being the other side of the pitch, but I watched him second hald and he didn't do much wrong and he was very fit.

Can't see how he can cope with the championship now having not been good enough 4 years ago, but feel the analysis from last night is maybe hyper critical.
is have to agree, he was nowhere near as bad as some people are making out, assuming he’s only been with us a day a doesn’t know the team he didn’t do bad. First half he got up the pitch well and could have nicked a goal if I remember rightly. As a back up option we could do worse.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2018, 08:33:19 AM »
Talk about not giving the guy a chance!!!

Firstly, the short term contract should tell us everything. It may be that the true intended target has not come off in this window, we may never know. Secondly I am impressed that so many of you remember him that well and can pass critical judgement on him. Why don't we give him a few games before we condemn him, base the comments on evidence not assumptions.

Gareth Macauley is 38 and he would still get in our team according to some. Give him a chance guys, we know its not the long term solution and we all have our opinions about how the club is being run, but its not Mears fault is it..........

and before you hit the keyboard in anger, no I am not comparing Gareth to Tyrone, the point was about the age  :D 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:46:37 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2018, 08:44:31 AM »
Like some others have said he will be ok as a back up but nothing more. I bet Jenkins is happy with the summer business.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2018, 08:55:09 AM »
Talk about not giving the guy a chance!!!

Firstly, the short term contract should tell us everything. It may be that the true intended target has not come off in this window, we may never know. Secondly I am impressed that so many of you remember him that well and can pass critical judgement on him. Why don't we give him a few games before we condemn him, base the comments on evidence not assumptions.

Gareth Macauley is 38 and he would still get in our team according to some. Give him a chance guys, we know its not the long term solution and we all have our opinions about how the club is being run, but its not Mears fault is it..........

and before you hit the keyboard in anger, no I am not comparing Gareth to Tyrone, the point was about the age |:)

Spot on mate.

In all honesty, we probably wont see him play for us again (you would assume in a back four that Dawson and Tosin will be picked over him), if we are looking to move to a 3-5-2 formation then injury permitting, he isn't going to be taking Phillips place anytime soon, if Phillips does get injured I imagine we would shift to a 4-4-2 and use Daws or Tosin there anyway.

I have said it time and time again, some people just love to moan and pick faults. The guy has clearly been signed as a cheap back up as we aren't able to get out priority targets. If you look at the right backs we have been linked with, i.e James/Stacey then you can tell that DM wanted a younger fullback, so the fact that we have resorted to Mears, for me clearly shows we aren't able to get anyone in so we have just got some 'experienced' cover in until January.

Could that have been more effective to sign Crainie? Maybe so, but im guessing Mears is on a lower wage and more accustomed to the wingback role (going from comments on here and from people who were at the game) he seems to have a good engine on him.

Again though, I will be very surprised if he makes a league appearance for us.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2018, 09:27:56 AM »
Not that it really matters, but if the clause below, taken from EFL Regulations, is correct, then we must have signed Mears a day or so before last nights game

43.8 Subject to Regulations 43.2, 43.3 and 57, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2018, 09:43:12 AM »
Not that it really matters, but if the clause below, taken from EFL Regulations, is correct, then we must have signed Mears a day or so before last nights game

43.8 Subject to Regulations 43.2, 43.3 and 57, a Player will only be eligible to play in a match organised by The League if the appropriate forms for his registration or the transfer of his registration (including, for the avoidance of doubt, Temporary Loan Transfers) are received (including by facsimile) and found to be in order by The League by 12.00 noon on the day prior to the date of such match.

Is Carabao cup covered by EFL (The league) rules / regs?
Albion Family !!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »

It tends to be the way with signings that they have signed the day before on some instances before the club announce it.

I have known a few signings that have been made and the player has done a day or two of full training with the team before its even announced they have signed.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2018, 09:54:17 AM »
It tends to be the way with signings that they have signed the day before on some instances before the club announce it.

I have known a few signings that have been made and the player has done a day or two of full training with the team before its even announced they have signed.

As he was thrown straight into the side he must surely have trained with the club for a few days beforehand. If not then Moore has questions to answer

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2018, 10:01:30 AM »
He didn't do a lot wrong last night, what do you expect for nothing?
Acid test will be if he's a starter in any Championship games.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »
Is Carabao cup covered by EFL (The league) rules / regs?

Yes, it was a competition originally suggested by Sir Stanley Rous, a Chairman of the Football League, but was implemented by Alan Hardacre, the then Chairman. It's inaugural season was 1960/61. The Football League then, over the years, morphed into today's EFL as we know it, I believe.

Sorry for the history lesson, I'm guessing you knew that anyway, but it is for those who didn't
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2018, 11:15:53 AM »
He didn't do a lot wrong last night, what do you expect for nothing?
Acid test will be if he's a starter in any Championship games.

Agree with this. Certainly looked a lot more comfortable that Nyom did. Looked to play the ball forward when possible rather than just sideways or backwards.

Splendid tackle on Dawson in the 2nd half too!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill