Author Topic: 17 Aug 2019 Luton Town 1 Albion 2  (Read 36074 times)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: In Game Chat
« Reply #150 on: August 17, 2019, 04:54:22 PM »
90’
Austin fires a shot from the edge of the box but it's well over. There is three minutes added time.

89’
Luton are still searching for a way through but Albion are playing keep ball when they have it.

Shinnie makes a nast tackle on Diangana and the Baggies have a free-kick.

86’
Ferguson makes an important tackle on the edge of the box and puts the ball out for a Luton corner.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #151 on: August 17, 2019, 04:57:47 PM »
FT 2-1 toWBA. Great comeback!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #152 on: August 17, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
FT 1-2

93’
Albion still on the ball. Full-time whistle surely about to be blown.

92’
Austin has the ball in the corner. He wins a throw-in and then a corner.

91’
Albion end making lots of noise. Sluga hits a long ball to Collins but he is offside. Not long to go.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #153 on: August 17, 2019, 05:00:16 PM »
Win at forest and then win at a team unbeaten at home this year, has to be good, need a home win now to settle any nerves at the Hawthorns, well done lads !!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Pie

• Youth Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #154 on: August 17, 2019, 05:01:23 PM »
Done brilliantly to come back and win that. 7 points from 3 games, joint top of the league (yes its early days) but plenty of positives to build on.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #155 on: August 17, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
Great result well done chaps
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2019, 05:02:29 PM »
A good comeback win, BBC stats show 24 shots 3 on target - get those shots on target ;D
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:04 PM »
Good comeback.
Some shaky moments at the back at times but a win is a win.
The PRIDE of midlands

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #158 on: August 17, 2019, 05:04:34 PM »
Certainly seem to have the knack of getting results away from home. I'm never sure why we can't do similar at home. Surely home pitch and crowd should work in our favour?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #159 on: August 17, 2019, 05:05:52 PM »
Bloody hell that Diangana looks some player  :o

Ridiculous goals but should've got an assist with Austin hitting the post, the turn/skill was unbelievable - and he defended well too.

Overall a good performance even though the first half was flat and similar to the Milwall game. My only gripe was Zohore still looks poor; i.e. bad runs and positioning. You can see he's trying and did some good stuff at times but I think we look far more threatening with Austin around.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #160 on: August 17, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »
Great performance in the 2nd half. Diangana looks different class. Very impressed with Pereira too. Sawyers is a joy to watch and Livermore looks far more comfortable in this setup. I'm confident of promotion this season.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2019, 05:10:05 PM »
Great comeback second half. Diangana! What an impact. 2 goals in 6 minutes plus brilliant run down right sets up Austin who hits the post. Perreira also looked tricky and useful.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 05:18:48 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #162 on: August 17, 2019, 05:12:58 PM »
Good win.  We were the better side and if we started with the side that finished the game we'd have won comfortably.  Once again we struggled to break a side down which is a bit or a worry.  As soon Luton starting pushing on a bit more we opened them up a few times and no idea how we didn't score another one or two.

Need to sort out defending crosses though.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #163 on: August 17, 2019, 05:19:33 PM »
sorry to be a bit negative here.  We did come back well, but after some comedy defending for their goal, and for portions of the first half I thought that we made Luton look like Brazil.  We are Albion and we will need to do much better than this if we are to do well in this league.... admit I am grumpy but welcome more positive thoughts.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2019, 05:21:43 PM »
better side won on the day, well done Albion.boingboing
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
sorry to be a bit negative here.  We did come back well, but after some comedy defending for their goal, and for portions of the first half I thought that we made Luton look like Brazil.  We are Albion and we will need to do much better than this if we are to do well in this league.... admit I am grumpy but welcome more positive thoughts.

There was so much upheaval in the summer and so many of the signings made late on anyone expecting us to take to the league beating teams comfortably every game needs their head seeing too.

Just needs to keep points ticking over at this stage, will take a while to really assess how the new signings have fitted in. The international break will be good for us - 4 points in the next 2 games would be a good return.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2019, 05:26:44 PM »
Great result. Need to get our first home win of the season now on Wednesday. Win that game and it's been a cracking start to the season.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »

I agree to an extent, the first half was poor in parts and flat with no real penetration. The good news is that it's still not our best 11 with Hegazi, Austin and one of Diangana/Perreira to probably start more often so I wouldn't get too worried.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2019, 05:28:38 PM »
Thought we looked very good on the ball. Livermore looks alot more comfortable in this set-up. Gibbs and Ferguson had excellent games. We look to have 4 very good options on the wings. Means that if anyone is off the pace or blowing wind, we've got options on the bench who can raise our energy levels. Diangana looks a real find.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2019, 05:40:03 PM »
I agree to an extent, the first half was poor in parts and flat with no real penetration. The good news is that it's still not our best 11 with Hegazi, Austin and one of Diangana/Perreira to probably start more often so I wouldn't get too worried.

Good thinking. I just need us to start defending better than we have been.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »
Would take 7 points from 9 games and to be joint top.

Well done Slav and all concerned. Bed the new players into the first XI and we will go well this season.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2019, 05:45:19 PM »
Would take 7 points from 9 games and to be joint top.

Well done Slav and all concerned. Bed the new players into the first XI and we will go well this season.

Jeez you're easily pleased
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2019, 05:50:45 PM »
Great win. Time for a few celebratory beeers with the in-laws

Enjoy the weekend all  :D
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »
Excellent win and lots of positives. What a difference when you have those options from the bench. Get Hegazi back and get these new boys fully fit and we will be a force in this division for sure. A word of praise for Livermore too.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »
Just seen the highlights. 

Sawyers tangles with his man and falls over which leaves the player free for their goal. Just one of those things rather than the shambolic defending we have seen for other goals we have conceded this season.

Austin should score too.

Seems like there is still plenty of room for improvement, but it’s far easier to have confidence and a bit of faith we will improve when we look like we can control games, which we very rarely did last season.