Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718375 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #2600 on: May 26, 2019, 02:51:32 PM »
How do you know it didn't?

Tomorrow afternoon either Frank Lampard or Dean Smith will have been as successful as James Shan/Darren Moore. One of them will still be the Manager of a Championship Club.

Derby County or Aston Villa will be in a lot more trouble than us financially, who will be a laughing stock then?

How do I now it didn't?

Because we are still talking about possible candidates with new names appearing on a regular basis. If the club had a plan when Moore was sacked then a new man would have been in place within a week or so or as soon as the season ended.

I couldn't give a stuff to be honest about Lampard or Smith, neither will be in charge of this club next season so are of no concern same as Aston Villa or Derby County themselves.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2601 on: May 26, 2019, 03:35:40 PM »
Villa have no financial issues currently to my knowledge, be interesting to see what happens with Frank Lampard's Derby though.  I do wonder how much influence Moore or Shan really had to be honest, neither should have been considered for the job.  If it wasn't for Barnes and Gayle we would have been below half way up the league.

But we did have them. You could argue that point for a lot of teams.

If villa didn’t have grealish and Tammy. If derby didn’t have Wilson and Mount.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2602 on: May 26, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/750160/artikel_labbadia_ich_habe_es_geliebt_.html

Labbadia said no to Hamburg and seems to think he’ll be working abroad. I think it’s going to him. Would be exciting and would mean we would recruit 1/2 from outside the UK for once!

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2603 on: May 26, 2019, 04:36:11 PM »
http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/750160/artikel_labbadia_ich_habe_es_geliebt_.html

Labbadia said no to Hamburg and seems to think he’ll be working abroad. I think it’s going to him. Would be exciting and would mean we would recruit 1/2 from outside the UK for once!

I wish I could get my hopes up....
40 years have taught me otherwise
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:57:42 PM by cads_ap_albion »
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2604 on: May 26, 2019, 04:36:17 PM »
I daren't hope. This seems too adventurous for us.

I don't know what he would do for us but a brand new way of thinking - yes please.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2605 on: May 26, 2019, 04:42:51 PM »
40 years have taught me itherwise

This time tomorrow he’ll have had his talks and probably be ruled out of the running ;D

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2606 on: May 26, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »
This time tomorrow he’ll have had his talks and probably be ruled out of the running ;D

I know you jest, but we both know that you will be right.

A different exciting approach would be wonderful, but you just know our aims/money/wages will be too low....

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2607 on: May 26, 2019, 05:40:44 PM »
40 years have taught me otherwise
In just 10 years
Anelka, Rosenberg,krykowiack,hodgson,Carson,foster....despite what happened after signing all of these have been a "name" during there career and many probably thought we wouldn't get any .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2608 on: May 26, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
In just 10 years
Anelka, Rosenberg,krykowiack,hodgson,Carson,foster....despite what happened after signing all of these have been a "name" during there career and many probably thought we wouldn't get any .
And, of those, only Hodgson and Foster turned out to be any good. Big name doesn't necessarily equate to big success, and vice versa.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2609 on: May 26, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »
And, of those, only Hodgson and Foster turned out to be any good. Big name doesn't necessarily equate to big success, and vice versa.
I did say that?
The point was that the poster said he's had forty years of being let down....its not true IMO
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2610 on: May 26, 2019, 06:11:07 PM »
Not a chance our clowns would actually appoint Labbadia. I'm just happy they finally seem to realise that football exists outside of this country. Expect another cheap, easy British appointment in about 6 weeks time. Jokanovic should have been appointed the week Moore left, the fact he was interviewed and we decided to stick with Shan sums up everything wrong with this club.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2611 on: May 26, 2019, 06:15:34 PM »

This time tomorrow he'll have got tired of waiting outside the hawthorns gates and and called an uber back to Birmingham Airport, as our hiercachy would have had the Bank Holiday Monday off.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2612 on: May 26, 2019, 06:29:20 PM »
Call me impatient but it's starting to drag on a bit now...hopefully we can get a manager sorted quickly for once as it allows for things to settle - the pre-season is massively important and there's no point waiting with a managerial appointment.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2613 on: May 26, 2019, 07:30:07 PM »
Or one week since he board Knew which league we were going to be in and therefore can make a considered judgment on who to appoint for the stragetgy that we will now implement (I await 12 trying to be funny replies from people mocking the "strategy" word cause they are all comedians)
To me appointing the next manager is like knowing you are going to get a promotion at work and the two options are north and south....until you know where ,, you can't purchase the house....or you can if you are mad

5 down, 7 to go
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2614 on: May 26, 2019, 07:53:11 PM »
I did say that?
The point was that the poster said he's had forty years of being let down....its not true IMO

Forty years might be an exaggeration as in every year of the 40, but you know what I mean in terms of over 40 years, we have lots of let downs...

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2615 on: May 26, 2019, 08:17:53 PM »
https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/reliable-journalist-reveals-who-he-thinks-will-end-up-in-charge-of-west-brom/

You just know it’s going to happen and if it does the term mid table mediocrity couldn’t be truer , that’s at best aswell

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2616 on: May 26, 2019, 08:25:22 PM »
https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/blogs/reliable-journalist-reveals-who-he-thinks-will-end-up-in-charge-of-west-brom/

You just know it’s going to happen and if it does the term mid table mediocrity couldn’t be truer , that’s at best aswell

Yep don’t get the fixation with the bloke ,bottom six .

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2617 on: May 26, 2019, 08:29:25 PM »

Didn't even need to click on the link to see who the "reliable journalist" was.

Have to say, if it's not Bolton Wanderers related the "reliable journalist" thinks it's not worth talking about.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2618 on: May 26, 2019, 08:32:07 PM »
https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/nach-abschied-vom-vfl-wolfsburg-england-klub-will-bruno-labbadia/

This is another report in the German media that Labbadia is high up on our list.
I wonder how much they know. However, these reports are bang up to date (today). They previously said he was going to talk to Hamburger SV, but Labbadia said its not the right time to go back there (to his old club), He says he wants a different kind of challenge and assumes it wil be abroad. 
I have a feeling he will come across well in interview, he's a positive sort of bloke. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if money is a stumbling block.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 08:35:32 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2619 on: May 26, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
https://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/nach-abschied-vom-vfl-wolfsburg-england-klub-will-bruno-labbadia/

This is another report in the German media that Labbadia is high up on our list.
I wonder how much they know. However, these reports are bang up to date (today). They previously said he was going to talk to Hamburger SV, but Labbadia said its not the right time to go back there (to his old club), He says he wants a different kind of challenge and assumes it wil be abroad. 
I have a feeling he will come across well in interview, he's a positive sort of bloke. I hope I'm wrong, but at the same time wouldn't be surprised if money is a stumbling block.

Unless it's outrageous, I don't think it will be a stumbling block for something different.
It might be for the same old, same old.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2620 on: May 26, 2019, 10:21:03 PM »

5 down, 7 to go
😂😂😂
I really don't understand the almost crazed,aggressive negativity.
Wim rubbish, wim gorra rubbish board.....won't be long for the "head wobble" comments that are normally on Twitter start on here

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2621 on: May 26, 2019, 10:31:45 PM »
Forty years might be an exaggeration as in every year of the 40, but you know what I mean in terms of over 40 years, we have lots of let downs...
All clubs do, do you think Real Madrid are happy this year ?
Man Utd are in almost chaos, the "massive global entity" at b6 will get the bus out if they somehow fluke getting out of little league, Bolton are going to the wall etc etc etc
We average less than 26k at home, during my time supporting us we have had the next England manager, a World Cup winner, a bloke who scored a hatrick vs wolves , Taylor, Phillips, Kamara , Gera , Maresca , a Wembley win and some great results against Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea et al
I've also watched James sodding Quinn , seen us ducked at home by Wigan, hull and reading , refused to pay to watch a Tony pulis masterclass and saw brunt played out of position and 2 seasons too many
But the world did not implode, we are not perpetually rubbish and no....I don't particularly feel let down, I've said many times if people don't/didn't like Lai/Peace ...buy them out ...they make the decisions and also rely on those around them to make decisions....I would suggest that neither doweling, lai , peace or any other name that gets vilified wakes up and thinks "why don't we make some crazy decisions and see if we can wipe a load of the value of the business"
But for some reason it seems trendy to have a negative disposition and to think we are entitled to tell people how to run the business

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2622 on: May 26, 2019, 10:58:06 PM »
I don’t think the stumbling block with Labaddia (if we want to appoint him) will be wages, from what I understand German managers don’t earn anywhere near what a manager makes in the premier league, It wouldn’t surprise me if what we can offer him won’t be far off what he was on at Wolfsburg I think the big stumbling block will be down to player investment. Reportedly he fell out with the sporting director as he felt they weren’t been ambitious enough with player recruitment he’l be in exactly the same situation here with Lai not willing or unable to put his own money into the club.

I’m just hoping Dowling can sell him a vision that he’s coming into a club that is effectively going to be pressing the reset button on the playing side of things, he’s coming into the start of a new project where he can come in implement his style of play and he’l be backed with smart recruitment and a very good youth set up. You sell him on the fact that if we are sitting here in 2 years time with West Brom sitting 11th in the prem playing decent football then the opportunities open to him will be far greater than if he was to stay in Germany.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2623 on: May 26, 2019, 11:12:25 PM »
Agreed. I imagine all will go well until he seeks reassurances on player funding then it will be "thanks for coming, we will call you, dont call us"

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2624 on: May 26, 2019, 11:23:22 PM »
Agreed. I imagine all will go well until he seeks reassurances on player funding then it will be "thanks for coming, we will call you, dont call us"
Why would we do that and engineer a complete waste of time?