Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 261447 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #800 on: October 17, 2020, 08:17:08 PM »
I think Palmer and Griffiths potential was a big reason why we didn't pursue another goalkeeper this summer. They are both keeping a ridiculous amount of clean sheets.

On Windsor, it sounds like he surrendered thr chance to take the penalty that he won, to allow Montel Gibson to get his first goal for the club. Nice touch, especially as at the start of the year I was watching Montel Gibson score goals for fun down at Halesowen Town.
Boing Boing

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #801 on: October 17, 2020, 08:18:13 PM »
I watched the whole Lincoln game today,and Palmer was excellent in judgment and performance . Big guy , quick on his feet, brave, looks the real deal. Our number one next season I think, unless there is a radical improvement from SJ.

I think Josh Griffiths is rated way above Palmer within the Albion.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #802 on: October 18, 2020, 12:20:22 AM »
 Not getting carried away but there's a hint of a young Vardy about Windsor from bits I've seen.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #803 on: October 18, 2020, 11:15:10 AM »
Not getting carried away but there's a hint of a young Vardy about Windsor from bits I've seen.
Well I think you may be getting a little carried away to be honest, as very few people will have even seen Vardy play when he was Owen's age. Think Vardy was 23 or 24 before he made his football league debut. But I do agree with you that the lad has tremendous potential.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #804 on: October 18, 2020, 02:03:47 PM »
Well I think you may be getting a little carried away to be honest, as very few people will have even seen Vardy play when he was Owen's age. Think Vardy was 23 or 24 before he made his football league debut. But I do agree with you that the lad has tremendous potential.
I saw quite a lot of Vardy at the same level and i did say a hint ! ;)

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #805 on: October 20, 2020, 08:54:21 PM »
Looks like another clean sheet for Palmer tonight..Soule on the bench again,  going to find it difficult to get a game if they keep winning..

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #806 on: October 20, 2020, 09:17:19 PM »
Looks like another clean sheet for Palmer tonight..Soule on the bench again,  going to find it difficult to get a game if they keep winning..

Another for Griffiths too. We going to have the goalkeeper in the team of the year in league one and two at this rate.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #807 on: October 20, 2020, 09:20:17 PM »
Well done the lads, keep it going.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #808 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:19 PM »
Another for Griffiths too. We going to have the goalkeeper in the team of the year in league one and two at this rate.
Even more important, we may have 2 excellent goalkeepers on our hands going forward.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #809 on: October 20, 2020, 11:02:57 PM »
Is Morton injured? He seemed to have a good start to the season but hasn’t played for few weeks
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #810 on: October 20, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »
Is Morton injured? He seemed to have a good start to the season but hasn’t played for few weeks

Just not playing from my understanding but unfortunately Tulloch is still injured I think.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #811 on: October 20, 2020, 11:17:34 PM »

Did his shoulder quite badly I think so returned to the club. Didn't Soule replace him?

He/him

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #812 on: October 20, 2020, 11:56:05 PM »

Morton injured that's why they loaned soule as cover.
Tulloch is also injured at Doncaster.

The worrying thing is Azaz hasnt been playing for Cheltenham of late is he injured or is he a covid case?

Also no Windsor in squad for grimsby today neither.

Palmer and Griffiths both kept clean sheets for Lincoln and Cheltenham respectively... again losing count
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #813 on: October 21, 2020, 08:57:08 AM »
While the Palmer and Griffiths clean sheets are great, it is worrying to see Azaz still out and now Windsor as well. We already know that Morton will be out till around Christmas and while i've seen nothing official, Tulloch's injury is understood to be worse than they first feared. With Clayton-Phillips also out injured still, that would mean 5 of the players we sent out on loan not being fit to play, with a few of those being quite exciting potential options for next season.

I hope they have a speedy recovery as we could do with them getting a lot of game time this season.

Soule scored on debut but has been an unused sub for 3 games since. I think it's safe to say he will be back here in January and probably sent on loan to league 2.
Boing Boing

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #814 on: October 21, 2020, 09:13:31 AM »
While the Palmer and Griffiths clean sheets are great, it is worrying to see Azaz still out and now Windsor as well. We already know that Morton will be out till around Christmas and while i've seen nothing official, Tulloch's injury is understood to be worse than they first feared. With Clayton-Phillips also out injured still, that would mean 5 of the players we sent out on loan not being fit to play, with a few of those being quite exciting potential options for next season.

I hope they have a speedy recovery as we could do with them getting a lot of game time this season.

Soule scored on debut but has been an unused sub for 3 games since. I think it's safe to say he will be back here in January and probably sent on loan to league 2.

The injuries are worrying..some of the tackling in the lower leagues is eye opening...unfortunately for Soule he has joined a team who are flying atm and unless there are any injuries to the first team strikers I just cant see him getting a game.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #815 on: October 22, 2020, 09:10:57 AM »
Have to say, it really is refreshing to see our academy products actually out on loan rather than stagnating at the club.

Just a shame we cannot get Harper out either who we look set to ruin.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #816 on: October 22, 2020, 01:38:08 PM »
Have to say, it really is refreshing to see our academy products actually out on loan rather than stagnating at the club.

Just a shame we cannot get Harper out either who we look set to ruin.

It is a shame that we could not use this year to get him some much needed regular championship football, but with the depth of our squad we could not let Harper go - so he will be on the periphery of a PL squad training with the likes of Perrira, Gallagher and Krov at the age of 20 which is probably not the worst experience to have.  If we stay up then it will be time to invest in the CM position and Harper should be looking for a loan out to a decent championship side....alternatively by that point we may only be a decent championship side ourselves and with the likes of Kroc and Gallagher heading back out the opportunity will be there if he has developed at all this year.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #817 on: October 22, 2020, 01:55:34 PM »
It is a shame that we could not use this year to get him some much needed regular championship football, but with the depth of our squad we could not let Harper go - so he will be on the periphery of a PL squad training with the likes of Perrira, Gallagher and Krov at the age of 20 which is probably not the worst experience to have.  If we stay up then it will be time to invest in the CM position and Harper should be looking for a loan out to a decent championship side....alternatively by that point we may only be a decent championship side ourselves and with the likes of Kroc and Gallagher heading back out the opportunity will be there if he has developed at all this year.
Very fair. I think that is close to the thinking within the club.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #818 on: October 22, 2020, 06:49:45 PM »

He needs match time, not training time with players he’s spent the last 12 months with.

The issues of his development go back as far as Moore’s season to be honest.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #819 on: October 23, 2020, 09:23:37 AM »

While CoVID and the potential for self isolation are concerns, but i'd argue we have enough depth in the centre of our midfield to have loaned him out this season.

Gallagher, Livermore, Sawyers, Field, Krovinovic, Pereira, Ajayi all can play in the central positions. That's a lot of decent options.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #820 on: October 23, 2020, 09:25:19 AM »
He needs match time, not training time with players he’s spent the last 12 months with.

The issues of his development go back as far as Moore’s season to be honest.

Spot on Liam, back during Moore's season, both Field and Harper should have gone out on loan in the summer window. Harper probably should have gone out on loan in January as well.

Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #821 on: October 23, 2020, 10:56:51 AM »
Or in the Moore season you thin out the squad by unloading Morrison Livermore Barry and or Brunt three of whom are no longer with us and push Field and Harper further up the pecking order. But absolutely you don't do neither and expect a good outcome.

I suspect German clubs push their own youngsters a little harder in their late teens early 20's and if they don't make the grade move them down the pyramid, rather than getting into a perpetual loan cycle which in some cases seems to be a substitute for making a decision about a player. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #822 on: October 23, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »
Spot on Liam, back during Moore's season, both Field and Harper should have gone out on loan in the summer window. Harper probably should have gone out on loan in January as well.

I agree - a waste of 12 months. You could really make the case that Field should have been given a prominent role during that season rather than faffing about with Barry and Brunt in central midfield. Would have solved our mobility issues.

Harper more so is an individual crying out for first team action. He needs to learn what sort of player he is, improve his positional sense and become more involved in football matches. He will not learn that faffing around with Pereira and Krovinovic on the training pitch.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #823 on: October 23, 2020, 11:15:36 AM »
While CoVID and the potential for self isolation are concerns, but i'd argue we have enough depth in the centre of our midfield to have loaned him out this season.

Gallagher, Livermore, Sawyers, Field, Krovinovic, Pereira, Ajayi all can play in the central positions. That's a lot of decent options.

I've seen nothing to suggest that Ajayi can play in that role and i don't see Pereira as being part of the three.  The first choice appears quite rightly to be Livermore, Krov and Gallagher.  The current injury to Field leaves us with only Sawyers and Harper as cover.   We are only one more injury away from him being an automatic bench pick.  IMO it would have been an unnecessary risk to let him go even if it may have been the better option for his development. 

Maybe a loan with recall would have been an option but although it's great to see our kids out there it's also interesting to see how many are picking up injuries playing big boy football.   

* Just as an addition I had actually forgotten that Rakeem has already been out on loan - with Blackburn Rovers the 2017–18 season.  Not very successful by all accounts and came back in Jan.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:25:16 AM by Oldbury24 »

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #824 on: October 24, 2020, 05:06:08 PM »
Soule didnt get on again but another clean sheet for Palmer and a win for Lincoln..