Author Topic: OUT ON LOAN THREAD  (Read 261932 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: OUT ON LOAN THREAD
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2012, 05:44:07 PM »
Will be interesting to see if he plays any part tomorrow, up against Michael Carrick. People have been comparing him to Carrick for a few years now so tomorrow could allow us to see just how good he is.

I hope his time at Peterborough has developed his game as in the past I have felt he was a little lost in the centre.
Boing Boing

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2012, 05:53:28 PM »
Sam Mantom scored today for Walsall.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
Cracking strike by Mantom from well outside the box.

AlbionLegend

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #228 on: December 30, 2012, 01:55:52 PM »
Any news on Scott Allen?
I've got those West Bromwich Blues!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »
With Demba Ba seeming likely to go to Chelsea to replace the departing Sturridge it now looks almost certain that Lukaku will remain with us until the end of the season. That's good news for us to start the New Year.

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #230 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »
And they are reportedly in for Falcao for £40m. I think Rom's staying.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »
Hearing Donovan Daniels is impressing at Tranmere.  Bright prospect
"This crack is really moreish."

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #232 on: January 08, 2013, 12:46:08 PM »
Young defender to remain with League One table-toppers

DONERVORN Daniels’ youth loan at Tranmere has been extended until February 6.

The Baggies have the right to recall the 19-year-old centre-half at anytime.

Daniels has made three starts and one substitute appearance for the League One leaders.

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/daniels-extends-tranmere-loan-585056.aspx

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Kevin Keen made a comment that they could possibly look to promote 1 or 2 into the match squad to cover for injuries etc. It would be nice to see a more positive attitude towards blooding some players. Apart from Thorne who I hope gets a few more games in the 2nd half of the season, who is likely ?
I guess Berahino would be a candidate but is injured. Hurst ? D. Daniels ? Allen ? Mantom ? I know a couple are out on various loans but can presumably be recalled.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
Kevin Keen made a comment that they could possibly look to promote 1 or 2 into the match squad to cover for injuries etc. It would be nice to see a more positive attitude towards blooding some players. Apart from Thorne who I hope gets a few more games in the 2nd half of the season, who is likely ?
I guess Berahino would be a candidate but is injured. Hurst ? D. Daniels ? Allen ? Mantom ? I know a couple are out on various loans but can presumably be recalled.

Berahino is indeed injured. Scott Allan returned to the club after Portsmouth's defeat at Walsall.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:28 PM »
Allen seems too far down the pecking order to get a chance. He was a substitute in the pre season games with alternative squads.
Boing Boing

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2013, 09:38:31 PM »
Allen seems too far down the pecking order to get a chance. He was a substitute in the pre season games with alternative squads.
Vague memory but im sure CL stated in one of his web chats that Allen hasn't worked out how the club would have liked , a bit like the El G issue i believe.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

lordbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #237 on: January 09, 2013, 12:47:02 AM »
From what I can gather, Allan impressed in his first loan spell at Pompey in the Champ when Appy was manager and George Thorne was there.

Second time around, despite being in a lower league, he's been less successful.

Maybe because of a different manager.

Maybe because if the tragic incident.

Who knows?

But I doubt he's ready to impact our Premiership season just now.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2013, 04:59:27 PM »
Jara joined Forest on loan until the end of the season

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/jara-reyes-makes-forest-move-589996.aspx

GONZALO Jara Reyes has today joined Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.

The Baggies have no right of recall on the versatile Chile international.

Jara Reyes has made just two first-team appearances for Steve Clarke’s seventh-placed troops this term.

He started the 4-2 Capital One Cup second-round win at Yeovil in August and came on as a half-time substitute for Gabriel Tamas in the 3-2 Barclays Premier League victory over QPR in October.

Jara Reyes enjoyed two loan spells with Championship outfit Brighton last term - making 14 appearances.

He joins Forest in 11th position in the Championship, just three points off the play-off places after 26 games.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #239 on: January 10, 2013, 10:44:42 PM »
Good luck to Jara, I think he will do a good job for Forest a very good Championship player.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Wbahunty

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:36 AM »
From what I can gather, Allan impressed in his first loan spell at Pompey in the Champ when Appy was manager and George Thorne was there.

Second time around, despite being in a lower league, he's been less successful.

Maybe because of a different manager.

Maybe because if the tragic incident.

Who knows?

But I doubt he's ready to impact our Premiership season just now.

I went and watched the Walsall v Portsmouth game last Friday and he came on as sub and didnt get chance to do anything! He is in a poor team with Portsmouth they were very poor.

Walsall however had Sam Mantom and him and James Chambers ran the show, Mantom tryed alot to play some cross field balls and to be quite frank they were going out of play 8 out of 10 times! He did however play well when he recived the ball of chambers who was very much there Mulumbu. He got the ball forward very fast and provide assists for both goals i belive with some very clever ball lofted through the middle!

These players need to be given a chance in pre season next year!

Floydy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #241 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
I went and watched the Walsall v Portsmouth game last Friday and he came on as sub and didnt get chance to do anything! He is in a poor team with Portsmouth they were very poor.

Walsall however had Sam Mantom and him and James Chambers ran the show, Mantom tryed alot to play some cross field balls and to be quite frank they were going out of play 8 out of 10 times! He did however play well when he recived the ball of chambers who was very much there Mulumbu. He got the ball forward very fast and provide assists for both goals i belive with some very clever ball lofted through the middle!

These players need to be given a chance in pre season next year!

Mantom won't be.... Joining Walsall permanently on a free transfer
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:59:24 PM by Floydy »
Twitter: @floydy1983

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: January 11, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
I dont think Mantom ever was quite upto the standard we look for now (Ie - Thorne) what i can gather i think he was very popular and well liked but probably not quite good enough.

At least though, the likes of him and Chris Wood are going onto have careers in football, i remember going back a few years, our young players just drifted out the game!

I have my doubts if James Hurst or Scott Allan will make it, people always say Hurst is quality and i know Clarke spoke about him highly preseason but he has never been involved even in cup matches and  he is 21 this month and needs to be playing. I know he is injured but from being involved in the first team squad 2 years ago i am not sure he has kicked on, yet he seems to have all thats needed to be a good right back, which is sometimes seen as our problem position!

Allan i think will be one of those who doesnt quite make it with us, again i think we paid a small fee, similar to Dorrans, Dorrans came off, Allan hasnt. He is still young, but the fact he wasnt getting in a awful pompey team, i dont think he got in at MK Dons either doesnt bode well.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2013, 06:14:56 PM »
I think both Allan and Hurst will have professional careers but not here no. Allan will probably end up back in Scotland however Hurst has time on his side as defenders develop later. When I have seen him in the reserves he has been good and his attitude seems to have improved so I think he will do well in league 1. He has always got good reviews when out on loan there before.
Boing Boing

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #244 on: January 11, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »
Sorry i meant make it with us! I think they will have careers but not sure they will make it with us. I would say Hurst has a better chances as Clarke spoke well of him preseason but Allan seems completely off the radar.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2013, 12:15:58 PM »
Dawson on loan at Bolton:

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/dawson-makes-bolton-switch-617219.aspx

CRAIG Dawson has today joined Championship outfit Bolton on an emergency loan.

The England Under-21 international is moving to the Reebok Stadium for a 93-day spell, although the Baggies will have the option of recalling him after 28 days.

Dawson is highly rated by Albion and has been allowed to link up with Wanderers to gain vital match experience.

“We firmly believe that Craig has a bright future and this loan spell will hopefully enable him to play some games and continue his footballing education,” said Albion’s Sporting & Technical Director (Designate) Richard Garlick.

“We’ve had an awful lot of interest in Craig but we’ve been reluctant to allow to him to go out on loan due to our injury situation.

“Now that we’re getting a few players back, we think this is a good time to let him go out, especially as we only play three games before we’re able to recall him, if we need to.”

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: January 25, 2013, 01:44:31 PM »
Good move all round, once his fitness is up I can see him getting a run of games ONCE we get to the 40 point mark. It seems to have worked well with Thorne and Thomas so hopefully it happens with CD too because I for one think Dawson has the makings of a top centreback.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #247 on: January 25, 2013, 04:10:05 PM »
Hope he has a good loan spell and that he does well for Bolton.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #248 on: January 25, 2013, 11:45:55 PM »
Good move all round, once his fitness is up I can see him getting a run of games ONCE we get to the 40 point mark. It seems to have worked well with Thorne and Thomas so hopefully it happens with CD too because I for one think Dawson has the makings of a top centreback.

Agree PH may well play for England in the future

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2013, 10:32:01 AM »
I imagine Dawson may play some part in the cup game with Everton today.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC