Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2379178 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #13975 on: March 05, 2023, 06:54:23 PM »
Would like to be a fly  on the wall in Utds dressing room . I'd be knocking Fernandes into the middle of next week if I was Ten Haag !!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 07:22:35 PM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13976 on: March 05, 2023, 07:11:06 PM »
No doubt some of the armchair fans will be swapping their club allegiance.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13977 on: March 06, 2023, 09:01:43 AM »
No doubt some of the armchair fans will be swapping their club allegiance.

Can't see any of our lot swapping their striped armchairs for red ones on the back of a 7 - 0 to Liverpool in fairness  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13978 on: March 06, 2023, 11:52:19 AM »
How did Bruno Fernandez escape punishment after appearing to push a match official yesterday. In years gone by players were sent off if they just layed their hands on an official.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13979 on: March 06, 2023, 12:06:03 PM »
How did Bruno Fernandez escape punishment after appearing to push a match official yesterday. In years gone by players were sent off if they just layed their hands on an official.

Because he's a Man U player more than likely. No pundit will be calling him out

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13980 on: March 06, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »
Because he's a Man U player more than likely. No pundit will be calling him out

Yeah.

Could you imagine if an Albion player had done that?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13981 on: March 06, 2023, 12:34:55 PM »
Yeah.

Would be splashed everywhere. Trial by TV pundit needs ending.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13982 on: March 06, 2023, 12:38:40 PM »
Would be splashed everywhere. Trial by TV pundit needs ending.

It would be media uproar all over the place.

Anyone that doesn't think the sport is bent please speak up now!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13983 on: March 06, 2023, 12:59:34 PM »
Yeah.

Yes I can, and in my imagination Danny Murphy personally drives them to their hastily convened appointment with the guillotine.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13984 on: March 06, 2023, 01:09:29 PM »
Yes I can, and in my imagination Danny Murphy personally drives them to their hastily convened appointment with the guillotine.

Yep.

It's absolutely disgusting that authorities view incidents differently due to the club / player concerned.

How is this impartial. It simply isn't. And if that's the case how is it legitimately proper?

The whole sport needs ripping up and starting again!

Its been a joke since the formation of the Premier League The authorities ignore it because the majority are glory hunter armchair followers of Liverpool or Man Utd or Arsenal and the authorities prioritise the interests of these clubs.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 01:11:12 PM by Atomic »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13985 on: March 06, 2023, 01:29:19 PM »
Can't see any of our lot swapping their striped armchairs for red ones on the back of a 7 - 0 to Liverpool in fairness  ;) .
That's what makes our fans different to many typical Man Utd or Liverpool fans.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13986 on: March 06, 2023, 01:40:18 PM »
That's what makes our fans different to many typical Man Utd or Liverpool fans.

They are not fans (mostly). They are "media followers". Particularly Asians.

Most of them  haven't been to Anfield or Old Trafford In their lives.

These people should be treated with contempt.

They are a joke. The sport is a joke.

I hate modern football. I really, really, hate it.

People should support their local team. Anyone that doesn't I have no time for at all. I won't engage with them. If everyone the country over took the same stance, maybe, just maybe things would change.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13987 on: March 06, 2023, 02:09:59 PM »

People should support their local team. Anyone that doesn't I have no time for at all. I won't engage with them. If everyone the country over took the same stance, maybe, just maybe things would change.
Most of these so-called fans are only attracted to glamour and success. They don't really understand the ups and downs of being a football fan (not the odd defeat, but years or decades without a trophy). I think they like to be surrounded with nice things, and having a very successful football club is part of their world, maybe boosts their self-image. Incidentally, Bayern Munich in Germany attract exactly the same fan profile. I appreciate there are Man Utd or Liverpool fans who are genuine, but they are not typical of the majority.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 02:15:03 PM by alex1 »

SC_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #13988 on: March 06, 2023, 03:27:00 PM »

How could you possible stop this? Ban foreign fans from watching? There’s a reason it’s the biggest league in the world.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13989 on: March 06, 2023, 08:16:15 PM »
serious question, at what point do you stop,

from Oldbury you have to support Oldbury town? Darlaston = Darlo?

If yow aint from Braamich, yow ay a baggie?

Are all our non west bromwich born & bred supporters glory hunters ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13990 on: March 06, 2023, 09:04:53 PM »
Its taking it a bit too far, to say people should only support their local team. Of course the core of your support will come from the local area, because they form a geographical community and will find it easiest to attend matches. However, many Albion fans travel regularly from further afield (myself included), but unlike the typical Man Utd, Liverpool fan, it wasn't a case of jumping on a bandwagon with the biggest, most glamorous, media-obsessed success story. That would have been too easy. To my mind, that would just be a superficial interest in watching 'success'. Proper football fans are prepared to stick with their club through thick and thin. 

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13991 on: March 06, 2023, 10:41:06 PM »
serious question, at what point do you stop,

from Oldbury you have to support Oldbury town? Darlaston = Darlo?

If yow aint from Braamich, yow ay a baggie?

Are all our non west bromwich born & bred supporters glory hunters ?

If you grow up in Brum you support Blues or Villa.

Black Country - Albion or Wolves. Walsall if you must.

Manchester - City or United (Or Walsall equivalents if you must)

Liverpool - Liverpool or Everton

Where you live when you're older doesn't matter but those years where you're growing up does.

If someone from Manchester now lives in Oldbury and is a Man Utd fan, fine, no problem.

What xxxxxx me off is people claiming to support Man Utd who have no affinity whatsoever to Manchester. If its not glory hunting why don't they ever support Salford or Chesterfield or Oxford?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13992 on: March 07, 2023, 12:17:15 AM »

Where you live when you're older doesn't matter but those years where you're growing up does.

If someone from Manchester now lives in Oldbury and is a Man Utd fan, fine, no problem.

What xxxxxx me off is people claiming to support Man Utd who have no affinity whatsoever to Manchester. If its not glory hunting why don't they ever support Salford or Chesterfield or Oxford?
I was born in Brum and lived in Worcestershire since I was 8, by your laws do I have to travel a county to watch my local team in Villa/Blues or am I supposed to be a Kiddie fan?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13993 on: March 07, 2023, 12:59:01 AM »

So by the technical and historic definition of the Black Country those many thousands of us who grew up in Smethwick over the years have no time supporting a professional football club and should spend the summer months following Smethwick CC and play conkers for the rest of the year.

That and my son who was born in Sutton Coldfield and raised in Erdington needs to FODTV at the earliest opportunity. Glad you managed to clear that up. Kind of puts your totally unfounded theory about Conor Townsend being the best one on one fullback in the division into perspective.... if it were ever needed.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13994 on: March 07, 2023, 03:17:16 AM »
I was born in Brum and lived in Worcestershire since I was 8, by your laws do I have to travel a county to watch my local team in Villa/Blues or am I supposed to be a Kiddie fan?

Under Atomic law as you were raised in Worcestershire and there is no pro team in that area you shouldn't be able to support any team you should follow cricket instead. However, under Atomic law all laws apply to all other clubs but Albion are exempt so you're OK to be one of us Hunnington.  >:(

I am, of course, joking!

Don't take things I say too literally guys and gals  I'm talking about as a general rule as clubs should be about the community. There are exceptions to every rule.

I probably shouldn't use words like "hate". That's a strong word and I don't hate anyone or anything really but I really do dislike glory hunting. I know lots of people like that and they are nice people. I don't dislike them as people but I do dislike their glory hunting and I won't talk to them about Liverpool  Man U etc. They are not proper fans in my eyes.

When I was little almost everyone at my primary school supported the Albion. There were a few Villa and that was about it. Now there are Man U, Liverpool shirts everywhere. I don't like it. These people have no links to Liverpool or Manchester at all and football clubs should be part of their community.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13995 on: March 07, 2023, 03:18:22 AM »
So by the technical and historic definition of the Black Country those many thousands of us who grew up in Smethwick over the years have no time supporting a professional football club and should spend the summer months following Smethwick CC and play conkers for the rest of the year.

That and my son who was born in Sutton Coldfield and raised in Erdington needs to FODTV at the earliest opportunity. Glad you managed to clear that up. Kind of puts your totally unfounded theory about Conor Townsend being the best one on one fullback in the division into perspective.... if it were ever needed.

Just leave Conor out of this.  ;)

And Smethwick is black country. Its Dinglehampton that isn't.  >:(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 03:22:36 AM by Atomic »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #13996 on: March 07, 2023, 11:22:12 AM »
Sam Cunningham has publicly called for a 2 game ban on his Twitter for Fernandez diving against Liverpool. Fair play.

If only all journalists were consistent

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #13997 on: March 09, 2023, 12:49:46 PM »
Sam Cunningham has publicly called for a 2 game ban on his Twitter for Fernandez diving against Liverpool. Fair play.

If only all journalists were consistent

and since when did pushing an official not get a hefty ban, oh yes, since MUFC were involved, silly me !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13998 on: March 10, 2023, 05:51:26 PM »
Lineker steps aside from MOTD and Ian Wright does same in solidarity with him
Both are pathetic in their views recently, i say sack them both, overated and overpaid by BBC
Any footbal fan could do their job

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13999 on: March 10, 2023, 05:58:40 PM »
Lineker steps aside from MOTD and Ian Wright does same in solidarity with him
Both are pathetic in their views recently, i say sack them both, overated and overpaid by BBC
Any footbal fan could do their job

‘Steps aside’  ::)
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!