Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2379222 times)

bakebaggie

• Junior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #9350 on: June 25, 2020, 08:13:57 PM »
Foster just caught himself in no mans land, J-Rod whacked a shot back in and saved on the line by Dawson. All the ex-Albion action.
News reports say it was Matej Vydra's shot that Dawson cleared. Still works, all former Albion!

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9351 on: June 25, 2020, 10:01:04 PM »
Liverpool champions at last

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9352 on: June 25, 2020, 10:12:04 PM »
The greatest ever Premier League team officially crowned Champions.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9353 on: June 25, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »
Can liverpool still get record points ? They can can’t they ? Just thinking when they play villa in a weeks time, don’t want them to down tools now  :D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9354 on: June 25, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »
Can liverpool still get record points ? They can can’t they ? Just thinking when they play villa in a weeks time, don’t want them to down tools now  :D

They can destroy it. 107 points if they win every game.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9355 on: June 25, 2020, 10:36:20 PM »
Well played the Reds.
Champions of England , Europe and the World.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9356 on: June 25, 2020, 10:44:44 PM »
I’ve got an irrational dislike of Liverpool FC, so  this season is shaping up to be the worst premier league season ever from my perspective.

Still, they have been a great side this season and are a blue print for how the top 6 clubs should be run (ie, throw millions and millions of quid at it, but do it in a sensible way). I expect with the Man City champs league ban, they could dominate for a couple of seasons now.
Boing Boing

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9357 on: June 25, 2020, 10:46:09 PM »
I for some reason don't like Liverpool either! However, hard to not love Klopp and this team is so entertaining. Fully deserved.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9358 on: June 25, 2020, 10:47:11 PM »
Don't like Liverpool, never have, never will do, especially after being chased around the streets during the 1978/79 game when we lost 2-1, after the enforced bad weather layoff which cost us a top 2 finish that year. If I remember rightly we had 6000 spaces, 3000 tickets 3000 on the gate, but we didn't get in. However, there is no denying the fact that they are deserved PL winners after outplay Ing most teams with decent attacking football, including last seasons effort. So begrudgingly well done to them!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Willetts99

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9359 on: June 25, 2020, 10:54:21 PM »
I for some reason don't like Liverpool either! However, hard to not love Klopp and this team is so entertaining. Fully deserved.

I can think of a reason to dislike him.
Klopp: “West Brom like to keep the ball in the air, so for them, a dry pitch is not an issue. And next year, they will have a dry pitch in The Championship.
I don’t feel that that point will help West Brom massively. It feels like a complete waste of points, they don’t need it, we would have needed it.They are all happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don’t stay in the league. It’s kind of a strange situation. A useless comeback."

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9360 on: June 25, 2020, 10:56:34 PM »
Klopp: “West Brom like to keep the ball in the air, so for them, a dry pitch is not an issue. And next year, they will have a dry pitch in The Championship.
I don’t feel that that point will help West Brom massively. It feels like a complete waste of points, they don’t need it, we would have needed it.They are all happy now, we are not happy. We stay in the league, they don’t stay in the league. It’s kind of a strange situation. A useless comeback."

He got it spot on...

Willetts99

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9361 on: June 25, 2020, 10:58:53 PM »
He got it spot on...

I generally like Klopp but he's lost the plot today. Total be11end.

Quote from you on the day he said it...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9362 on: June 25, 2020, 11:03:40 PM »
Quote from you on the day he said it...

That was quick, but in hindsight we were in the lower division the following season, and it's a fact we played long ball under Moore in the PL.

When he said it we were still in with a chance. I won about £800 on the series of results we needed on the weekend of the Spurs win.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:09:03 PM by TheJacko2000 »

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9363 on: June 25, 2020, 11:06:40 PM »

Yep, the bloke's a tool and I can't bring myself to be happy for anything associated with that club.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9364 on: June 25, 2020, 11:19:04 PM »
Yes.....when aguero scored at qpr
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9365 on: June 25, 2020, 11:29:32 PM »

Yep. Of course we only scored our two goals when it started raining heavily.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9366 on: June 25, 2020, 11:55:31 PM »
I don't particularly like any of the Big 4 in the North West, as I don't particularly like any of the Big 3 in London. They all get too much help from the national media and are all guilty of inflating prices in the modern game. Pity Leicester couldn't quite break the circle again. 
I do though think Klopp has brought something different and positive to the game in this country.  However, the best thing about Liverpool winning the league is that it means Man United haven't.

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9367 on: June 26, 2020, 12:02:54 AM »
I don't particularly like any of the Big 4 in the North West, as I don't particularly like any of the Big 3 in London. They all get too much help from the national media and are all guilty of inflating prices in the modern game. Pity Leicester couldn't quite break the circle again. 
I do though think Klopp has brought something different and positive to the game in this country.  However, the best thing about Liverpool winning the league is that it means Man United haven't.

You don't need to worry about that for at least a decade.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9368 on: June 26, 2020, 12:29:07 AM »
Liverpool deserved to win the title they are a very good team with a very good coach both of which are at the absolute peak of their powers. Yes added bonus Man United fans will hate this.

As Liverpool haven't won a title in 30 years I should be pleased that there is a new kid on the block. I'm not it was laughable that a club with Liverpool's resources had failed to win a at least one title in that time. The elite still have a strangle hold on domestic competition.  Would love someone from outside the usual suspects to have a real tilt at the title like Leicester.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9369 on: June 26, 2020, 05:51:42 AM »

Not sure about that think the premier league is pretty weak at the moment. But they are a good distance ahead of the rest
O Albion we love you

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9370 on: June 26, 2020, 07:10:41 AM »
The mayor of Liverpool was hammered by the Liverpool fans and Liverpool media alike for saying there was a danger of Liverpool fans gathering outside the stadium after a title victory. Awkward.

On a different nite, this season marks 4 years for Pep Guardiola in charge of Man City. Despite having the biggest budget, he has only won the title twice, with Liverpool and Chelsea claiming the other 2, while he has also finished behind Mauricio Pochetino.

He isn't a bad manager, that isn't the point, but it is something to consider when you hear all of the hype about him being by far the best manager in the world. Always has the biggest budget and the best team in his division, but has been out flanked twice in 4 years now when coming into a more competetive environment.
Boing Boing

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9371 on: June 26, 2020, 08:14:00 AM »

Says it all for me. Purposely did not watch last night as I did not want to see that grinning tool.

Normally I would be quite happy for them, but that man......

Hopefully normal service will be resumed next year.
MAGA!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9372 on: June 26, 2020, 08:15:40 AM »

In your opinion......

It was a weak Premier league this year.
MAGA!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9373 on: June 26, 2020, 08:22:31 AM »
Liverpool fans were always going to congregate outside Anfield, I can’t believe some even suggested they wouldn’t. Given the pausing of the season and no fans inside the soulless stadiums it is a bit of an anti climax.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9374 on: June 26, 2020, 08:43:16 AM »
I despise Liverpool football club and their fans, I'm indifferent about the manager, I do however have respect for the squad, they play good football and have out performed everyone else, fair play.

The media love in from ex-players and acolytes will be nauseating, the one thing Liverpool has in excess will be rammed down our throats again "their complete lack of class".
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!