Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2379220 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #7625 on: June 04, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »
Fred to Man Utd for £52m is set to kick off this summers madness then...

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7626 on: June 08, 2018, 07:24:48 PM »
“Winter break explained: What you need to know”

Source: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11398551/winter-break-explained-what-you-need-to-know
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7627 on: June 13, 2018, 01:04:44 PM »
Cardiff beginning the window pretty actively. Josh Murphy for 11m yesterday and Greg Cunningham for £3.5m today.

Arsenal meanwhile clearly looking to sweep the changes. Lichtensteiner in on a free, Papastathopoulos to be announced on 1 July with £16m being mooted, Lucas Torreira likely to sign for £25m-30m and now Bernd Leno is the latest to accredited with a move that's in advanced talks.

£52m for Fred still standing as biggest fee so far. Wonder if we'll see a £100m transfer this summer incoming to the league?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7628 on: June 13, 2018, 01:27:41 PM »
Cardiff beginning the window pretty actively. Josh Murphy for 11m yesterday and Greg Cunningham for £3.5m today.

Arsenal meanwhile clearly looking to sweep the changes. Lichtensteiner in on a free, Papastathopoulos to be announced on 1 July with £16m being mooted, Lucas Torreira likely to sign for £25m-30m and now Bernd Leno is the latest to accredited with a move that's in advanced talks.

£52m for Fred still standing as biggest fee so far. Wonder if we'll see a £100m transfer this summer incoming to the league?

Can't wait to hear Alan Brazil try to pronounce these the day after the night before, especially Sokratis Papastathopoulos  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7629 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:58 PM »
Can't wait to hear Alan Brazil try to pronounce these the day after the night before, especially Sokratis Papastathopoulos  ;D .

to be honest he'll probably be all right with Lichtensteiner as it sounds like a continental beer!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7630 on: June 14, 2018, 09:03:37 AM »
Fixtures out. wolves at home to everton first game
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7631 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:00 AM »

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7632 on: June 14, 2018, 12:43:08 PM »
Fixtures out. wolves at home to everton first game

You can use Wolves fixtures to try and predict whether we'll be home and away at certain times. WMP never let us be at home on the same day, so we'll be away when they play Everton - which means we'll likely be at home for our first game the week before.

Applying that throughout the season, we'd be at home boxing day, away new years day, and away last game of the season.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7633 on: July 14, 2018, 08:41:34 PM »
Marco Silva with a 22-0 win today Jacko  ;)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7634 on: July 14, 2018, 09:15:09 PM »

Have you seen some of the goals, for the one, the keeper literally stepped aside for an open goal.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7635 on: July 14, 2018, 09:29:56 PM »
Have you seen some of the goals, for the one, the keeper literally stepped aside for an open goal.

He was clearly bamboozled by the attacking football  ;D

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7636 on: July 15, 2018, 01:35:16 AM »

Absolutely embarrassing and a flaw in his character. You stop at 9. Shameful.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7637 on: July 15, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
The goalkeeper was getting visibly inebriated off towards the end. What on earth did that match achieve for anyone?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7638 on: July 18, 2018, 07:16:28 PM »
With word of Liverpool’s £70 million spending on a goalkeeper, I thought I’d just leave this here

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7639 on: July 18, 2018, 08:33:43 PM »
With word of Liverpool’s £70 million spending on a goalkeeper, I thought I’d just leave this here

To be fair they've been missing a decent keeper and a couple of defenders for a few seasons now. Sort that out and they'll have a very good chance of challenging for the title

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7640 on: July 19, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »
I love Klopp, full of personality and a genuinely likeable bloke but that quote will forever haunt him.

Allisson, VVD, Fabinho and Keita for close to £250m.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7641 on: July 19, 2018, 10:58:32 AM »
Interesting how people read others so differently. I've always been of the impression that Klopp's a pompous, arrogant, condescending, up his own derrier, childish manipulator of the wrist to be honest. Still, I'm sure he's a lovely chap really. Hey ho  ;D .

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7642 on: July 19, 2018, 11:13:39 AM »
Interesting how people read others so differently. I've always been of the impression that Klopp's a pompous, arrogant, condescending, up his own derrier, childish manipulator of the wrist to be honest. Still, I'm sure he's a lovely chap really. Hey ho  ;D .

The only reason why I wanted Liverpool to lose the Champions League final, just to hear his after match comments - I have absolutely nothing against Liverpool otherwise.

He is a bad loser and thinks he has the divine right over everyone else. Can't stand the bloke.
MAGA!

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7643 on: July 19, 2018, 11:38:15 AM »
Will never forgive his celebrations against us, but in retrospect it just shows how emotional he is. It has however been unprofessional at times. Just think he's a genuine character and I'd sooner listen to him than Mourinho any day of the week.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7644 on: July 19, 2018, 12:01:16 PM »
Will never forgive his celebrations against us, but in retrospect it just shows how emotional he is. It has however been unprofessional at times. Just think he's a genuine character and I'd sooner listen to him than Mourinho any day of the week.

Cant fault his passion and enthusiasm Scooby, but he just needs to learn to be respectful and act with dignity, not be a spoilt brat when things don't go his way. And as for Mourinho.......
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7645 on: July 19, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
Mourinho is a complete an utter ******. I cannot stand him and the day he leaves our game the better. Every time I see his ugly face I want to throw a table at my telly.

I've no problem with Klopp. Yes he made stupid comments after our game last season but he acknowledges that. His enthusiasm is infectious and I'm not going to dislike him because his passion over spilled once.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7646 on: July 19, 2018, 12:08:12 PM »
The only reason why I wanted Liverpool to lose the Champions League final, just to hear his after match comments - I have absolutely nothing against Liverpool otherwise.

He is a bad loser and thinks he has the divine right over everyone else. Can't stand the bloke.

have to say I agree with this, especially wanting them to lose the Champions League final!

As regards being a bad loser I think that comes with managing a top 6 premier league side. I recall Arsene Wenger being quite level headed and a breath of fresh air when he first arrived at Arsenal but eventually he became  bitter and one eyed in his views. Ferguson, Mourinho, Van Gaal, Wenger, Klopp all had/have the attitude that teams should let them play to their strengths and moan when they struggle to break teams down and beat them.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7647 on: July 19, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
Danny Ward rumoured to be moving from Liverpool to Leicester as competition for Kasper Schmeichel.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7648 on: July 19, 2018, 05:29:46 PM »
Danny Ward rumoured to be moving from Liverpool to Leicester as competition for Kasper Schmeichel.
Schmeicel to Chelsea according to tonight s evening standard
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7649 on: July 21, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »
I saw yesterday that Huddersfield have signed 8 players so far this close season and 7 of them are foreign players brought in from clubs abroad. As we already know, the bigger clubs also barely feature a British player in their starting XIs. How are they getting round the home-grown requirement in their 25-man squads?