Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2379235 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #4700 on: January 24, 2016, 06:25:54 PM »
See Arsenal lost at home to Chelsea in a derby without having a shot on target  :-X
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4701 on: January 24, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
See Arsenal lost at home to Chelsea in a derby without having a shot on target  :-X
That is actually embarrassing for Arsenal.Though to be fair, Arsenal fans have been trying to get rid of Wenger for years now..

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4702 on: January 24, 2016, 06:31:46 PM »
Are their fans happy with that?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:34:04 PM by WorcsWBA »

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4703 on: January 24, 2016, 06:32:45 PM »
Are their fans happy?

Don't think Arsenal fans have been happy for years, shows how the Premier League has changed football fans everywhere.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4704 on: January 24, 2016, 06:36:56 PM »
I bet Norwich fans loved their 5-4 loss to Liverpool, they might have lost but they played great attacking football. Their fans probably walked away from that game with a massive smile on their face.
the regime don't like it man

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4705 on: January 24, 2016, 06:44:11 PM »
I bet Norwich fans loved their 5-4 loss to Liverpool, they might have lost but they played great attacking football. Their fans probably walked away from that game with a massive smile on their face.
I get the sarcasm, but, even if they left unhappy they can reflect on seeing some great goals, good football and plenty of entertainment, whereas we can reflect on "another point"
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4706 on: January 24, 2016, 06:44:38 PM »

I don't give a monkeys about Norwich or any other team for that matter.

Why can't we try and play attractive football and win games? Believe it or not it is possible to do just that and survive in the premier league.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4707 on: January 24, 2016, 06:48:43 PM »
I think big Sam will get Sunderland out of it. Our two games against them and the toon are massive. We are and will be in the mix. Results gone against today . Swansea for me is a must win and I can't see where our next win is coming from
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4708 on: January 24, 2016, 06:50:05 PM »
there's also a difference between losing to Liverpool while scoring 4 goals and barely even having a shot against the worst team in the league.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4709 on: January 24, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
there's also a difference between losing to Liverpool while scoring 4 goals and barely even having a shot against the worst team in the league.

Yep, they got 0 points, we got 1

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4710 on: January 24, 2016, 06:53:13 PM »

Yes, we gained a point and Norwich didn't.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4711 on: January 24, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »
Yep, they got 0 points, we got 1

Perhaps better to compare like for like.

At home against Villa Norwich secured 3 points, we got 1

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4712 on: January 24, 2016, 06:56:36 PM »
I don't give a monkeys about Norwich or any other team for that matter.

Why can't we try and play attractive football and win games? Believe it or not it is possible to do just that and survive in the premier league.

We have done that though. After the two wins against Newcastle and Stoke while drawing to Chelsea where we played some good attacking football it seemed the majority of Albion fans on here were more than pleased with the football and Pulis.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4713 on: January 24, 2016, 06:57:16 PM »
And at Norwich villa lost, we won

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4714 on: January 24, 2016, 06:58:14 PM »
We have done that though. After the two wins against Newcastle and Stoke while drawing to Chelsea where we played some good attacking football it seemed the majority of Albion fans on here were more than pleased with the football and Pulis.

If that's the case why did Pulis revert to normal service against the worst team in the league?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4715 on: January 24, 2016, 07:00:02 PM »
And at Norwich villa lost, we won

This could go on all night.   ;D

Ultimately in my opinion Pulis is way to negative.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4716 on: January 24, 2016, 07:02:13 PM »
This could go on all night.   ;D

Ultimately in my opinion Pulis is way to negative.

:D 9pm still your bedtime

He is negative at times, I don't and wouldn't dispute it at all, just feel the over-reaction on here at times is embarrassing from some.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4717 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:35 PM »
:D 9pm still your bedtime

He is negative at times, I don't and wouldn't dispute it at all, just feel the over-reaction on here at times is embarrassing from some.

Beauty sleep. That's why I'm a handsome bloke and you are, well say no more!  ;D

Personally I don't feel I overreact, my stance with Pulis remains the same win, lose or draw.

Granted when we win I am in a better mood, however I remain convinced we would be better off if we had a new manager some time soon.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4718 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
Beauty sleep. That's why I'm a handsome bloke and you are, well say no more!  ;D

Personally I don't feel I overreact, my stance with Pulis remains the same win, lose or draw.

Granted when we win I am in a better mood, however I remain convinced we would be better off if we had a new manager some time soon.

You wish you were as handsome as me  :D

I don't deny we could be better off with someone else but my attitude hasn't changed since he came. Didn't want him, wanted someone like him, strong character as those before him in the main at many roles within the club haven't been upto it, I didn't think it would be pretty but also won't be a quick fix. I think he's perfect for Peace, won't threaten the top 7 but will see us between 12th and 16th each season. I think when he goes he will leave us on a more solid foundation than when he came and if the club is taken over he will be gone not long after. I think the next appointment is massive, if its another untried/ untested then what has the whole point been in appointing him ?

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4719 on: January 24, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »
You wish you were as handsome as me  :D

I don't deny we could be better off with someone else but my attitude hasn't changed since he came. Didn't want him, wanted someone like him, strong character as those before him in the main at many roles within the club haven't been upto it, I didn't think it would be pretty but also won't be a quick fix. I think he's perfect for Peace, won't threaten the top 7 but will see us between 12th and 16th each season. I think when he goes he will leave us on a more solid foundation than when he came and if the club is taken over he will be gone not long after. I think the next appointment is massive, if its another untried/ untested then what has the whole point been in appointing him ?

Pulis is indeed a strong character, and I believe he is an improvement given our time under Irvine who clearly was not up to the task.

That said I'm not convinced we are guaranteed safety under Pulis.

What frustrates me is his reluctance to change the way we play, our shape and his use of the squad.

Surely when you play the likes of Villa at home you have to be more attack minded than when you play Manchester City.

Yesterday we should have been on the front foot from the first minute.

We have a player in Evans who is an excellent centre half, why play him at full back simply to utilise an unfit Ollsson

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4720 on: January 24, 2016, 07:33:34 PM »
Pulis is indeed a strong character, and I believe he is an improvement given our time under Irvine who clearly was not up to the task.

That said I'm not convinced we are guaranteed safety under Pulis.

What frustrates me is his reluctance to change the way we play, our shape and his use of the squad.

Surely when you play the likes of Villa at home you have to be more attack minded than when you play Manchester City.

Yesterday we should have been on the front foot from the first minute.

We have a player in Evans who is an excellent centre half, why play him at full back simply to utilise an unfit Ollsson

I agree with most of it but I think we'll stay up, not saying we'll be far away from the drop zone but think we'll be okay and the £££££'s can come flooding in which is the aim more than anything. Wouldn't say I like it but I expected nothing different.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4721 on: January 24, 2016, 11:45:15 PM »
We are only 7 off the drop.
If we don't start scoring and winning games we shall be even closer.

Statement of the obvious right there.

Yeah the teams below are beginning to show some fight and strengthening. The way it is with Pulis though is that we'll get enough points through dogged determination and it will rarely be pretty.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4722 on: January 25, 2016, 08:32:44 AM »

Been there before with Mel, think back to Cardiff at home, with the late goals, I know I didnt leave the ground then with a smile on my face.

Id rather be leaving a game knowing we got 1 point instead of 0.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4723 on: January 25, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
Been there before with Mel, think back to Cardiff at home, with the late goals, I know I didnt leave the ground then with a smile on my face.

Id rather be leaving a game knowing we got 1 point instead of 0.

We've had too many days like that, Reading away 2-0 up lost 3-2, same at QPR under Irvine when we handled the hat-trick hero Austin "very well". Wasn't smiles those days either.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4724 on: January 25, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »

Sorry, but that's wrong. They actually managed to have 1 shot on target.

It may only be 1, but it's more than us. And they weren't playing the team bottom of the league.