Mattock
0 (0%)
Bednar
1 (1.5%)
Mantom
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: August 27, 2011, 09:49:21 PM

Author Topic: 23 Aug 2011 Bournemouth 1 Albion 4 (Carling Cup 2)  (Read 72833 times)

jonestown

• WBA Newbie

Re: We definitely need a bigger stadium
« Reply #400 on: August 24, 2011, 10:46:55 PM »
i actually like the halfords lane like it is, it gives the ground a bit more originality and character, its hardly as bad looking as shiny plastic empty seats. fill in the corners and that will do just fine, i think a whole halfords lane change with the road and land it backs on to would be far to much of a fuss

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #401 on: August 24, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
It's not just Villa. We've got the smallest capacity in the Midlands. It means we can never get more than  26,500. It's a question of how ambitious we want to be as a club.

And how often do we get over 25,500 never mind 26,500. I'd rather money spent elsewhere instaed of seeing empty seats. If the prices was right we would get 29-30,000 i reckon but at 40quid a game no chance.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 11:08:26 PM by OldburyWBA »

alex1

• WBA Coach

Re: Joe Mattock
« Reply #402 on: August 24, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
We've got to remember who the opposition were. A team just above the relegation places in Div.1.
The question is can Mattock, Fortune perform in the Prem league. I think the answer to both of those is no.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #403 on: August 24, 2011, 11:19:23 PM »
I reckon a 70,000 capacity, with a permanent kids-for-quid scheme, would be a scream. :o
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

CechMate

• WBA Newbie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #404 on: August 24, 2011, 11:19:59 PM »
Sounds like the game went well!  :D

The BBC certainly is vigilant about keeping me from following English football. Can't watch MOTD, can't listen to Radio WM during a match, etc.   >:(

I can help you...

I've been in Austria all year and I've been using my University proxy. It's quick enough to stream live TV but only works with ITV live. Live Radio is fine and you can watch iPlayer, 4OD and ITV on Demand...

Let me know if you're interesting and you can have my log-in deets! :)

moss66

« Reply #405 on: August 24, 2011, 11:47:56 PM »
We hardly sell out these days anyway. It's not all down to ticket prices either. Getting a ticket for a home game is pretty easy even as a non season ticket holder or member.

Getting 2 decent tickets together in a stand you want on the other hand is nigh on impossible. everytime i go to get tickets all the decent seats are gone and usually can only get 2 together in the halfords road which dose my head in. And before someone says thats nonsense it happened to me 3 times last season. Granted we dont sell out but i wonder how many people go to the box office only to find they cant get into the smethwick,brummy or east stand without sitting on their own and decide not to bother. I know of at least 5 couples personally who have walked away rather than sit on their own so no wonder we dont sell out with hundreds of single seats scattered around. If they could find someway to keep seats in pairs at least, i think we would sell out far more often.

moss66

« Reply #406 on: August 24, 2011, 11:53:17 PM »
The irony of that sign, "We're not really here"

Lol i thought it said "We're not real madrid" too bloody right mate  :D

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Bournemouth v Albion Goals 23-08-11
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2011, 02:11:52 AM »
Thanks Dean   :)
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Vassassin

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2011, 04:37:20 AM »
Thanks mate  8)
Return our Parthenon Marbles, we're going nuts without them!

tommi

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2011, 10:14:54 AM »
Cheers mate
West Bromwich Albion F.C. - Founded 1879

clintsmoker

« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2011, 11:00:35 AM »
Fortune finds his level then.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Happy to progress through to the next round but most importantly the players to get a confidence booster. Completed the job rather easily which was good to see, although we were only playing Bournemouth (no disrespect to them) this showed the strength of our squad as we were playing some very good players in the game.

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Chanting
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:58 AM »
What really dissapointed me about our support on Tuesday was the treatment of Fortune, absolutely ridiculous, i felt so embarrassed.  He had quite a decent game, yes he made a few mistakes but who doesn't?
Fortune loses the ball and its 'Wake up Fortune you Lazy S***.   Groans every time he gets the ball, sarcastic cheers.

Then say Cox or Dorrans its 'ohh unlucky'

Bednar comes on to an absolute hero's reception after slagging off the club, not that i want him abused by his own supporters, just i don't understand the hatred for Fortune.

Kind of spoiled my night to be honest as it is something we are starting to become popular as amongst other people, Fans abusing their own players.  :(

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2011, 11:38:04 AM »
What really dissapointed me about our support on Tuesday was the treatment of Fortune, absolutely ridiculous, i felt so embarrassed.  He had quite a decent game, yes he made a few mistakes but who doesn't?
Fortune loses the ball and its 'Wake up Fortune you Lazy S***.   Groans every time he gets the ball, sarcastic cheers.

Then say Cox or Dorrans its 'ohh unlucky'

Bednar comes on to an absolute hero's reception after slagging off the club, not that i want him abused by his own supporters, just i don't understand the hatred for Fortune.

Kind of spoiled my night to be honest as it is something we are starting to become popular as amongst other people, Fans abusing their own players.  :(

It was a handful of knobheads, no more than that.

Don't let it spoil your night, just take the urine out of them its more fun.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

reiss

« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »
it happens at most grounds on a saturday. i ve heard and saw a lot more than that

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
there was some cracking chant "your just a s**t robbie savage" was sheer genius!
i just moaned about these particular chant aimed at people with disabilities!

I want to here chants gettng behind our team and ones engaging in banter "my garden shed" "you have never won F**k all" not offensive or racist chants at the opposition supporters
THE CHANTS WEREN'T BEING AIMED AT THEM?  ::) ::)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »
It is now becoming possible to commit thought crime. :(

As for the retard business...when aimed at somebody who is mentally or physically disabled - offensive.

When aimed at some bloke who is just drunk and/or behaving like a prat - funny, non-offensive.

Just my opinion.

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:28 PM »
Chants like these always happen at games, they just get ignored and drown out by songs closer to the club.

No need to get yourself worked up about it. Nothing happens if you get offended. If you're offended fine, just ignore them, because if they're singing songs like that anyway, i doubt you're going to do much to change their view.

But on the other hand, it is a football terrace and your claim for chants like 'retard what;s the score' to be on par with racism is down right hilariously way off the mark.
Keep St.George in my heart.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:38 PM »
Anyone want to enter a sweep-stake into when swearing will be banned on the terraces? I'm going for 2013.
You lose. The world ends during December 2012. :P
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

TP-albion

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #420 on: August 25, 2011, 10:36:11 PM »
i saw who it was aimed at and yes he took it well but i still dont think theres any call for it!
theres numerous people who have family and friends who are mentally or physically handicapped i just dont think its apropriate

your the reason why the atmosphere at albion games as gone downhill.god bring back the days when proper fans followed us when we was rubbish.
your the kind of chap who proberly agrees with human rights aswell but thats another argument
Albion have got 3 men forward here another one is hunt another is bradleyyyy
OH WHAT A GOAL

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #421 on: August 25, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »
Surely to be "aimed" at someone there has to be someone there to aim at other than someone acting like....oh!

Lighen up, if you had an apartment in the corner of orients ground you'd have slit your wrists by half time :)
I only go for the beer.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #422 on: August 25, 2011, 10:56:53 PM »
What sort of new money, sky tv, soccer am fan gets "embarrassed" about a stand?

I support the albion, because my family do.
I only go for the beer.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #423 on: August 27, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
What sort of new money, sky tv, soccer am fan gets "embarrassed" about a stand?

I support the albion, because my family do.

If this was facebook I would click on like :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.