Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327423 times)

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #1825 on: April 12, 2018, 09:23:18 AM »
Go on then, I'll bite  ;D .

Anecdotal evidence from somebody who lives somewhere up near where they speak with spit gurgling around the throat as loosely alluded to by your good self  ;) . Ask many Albion supporters from Smethwick, Oldbury, Handsworth, Great Barr, Hamstead and Northfield too. The list goes on, even though many Albion in Northfield are also concerned with the Blues. These are not small sample areas individually and especially not when combined.

I concede the atmosphere can be poor at ours when we host the Vile, but equally from my perspective I don't think it's too hot for the Dings either. Sadly that's more to do with large sections of the Hawthorns having resembled a morgue for years. However, I do know what both fixtures occasionally lack in volume, they make up for in tension for whomever is more inclined one way or the other.

By the way I've been to a Vile/Blues derby at the seal pen. I can assure you the general atmosphere be it in terms of volume AND tension was shockingly poor. But then Stern Johns hilarious late equaliser aside, the fixture means next to nothing to me. As for you having not noticed anything untoward following the 'double' games though you must walk around in some kind of a bubble, especially before/during/after the Cup game.

I have every respect for those who can't stand those of an orange six fingered persuasion over the pink and blue pyjama clan. They can undoubtedly be a pain and far more so for those who live cheek by jowl with the inbred dads for cousins. But I'd prefer it if you didn't belittle the rivalry as felt by others, particularly when you clearly have no understanding of it from our perspective.

And for the record there really are a great many Vilers listed in the areas above who really do care. They just know their dismissive, arrogant denial narks many. I'm with Oldbury on this one though as I loathe them enough for the both of us. But ask yourself why many Vilers take such a stance. For many the answer is obvious, indoctrination from a young age as experienced by yourself with a Wednesbury raised dad. Cheek by jowl also plays a huge part again as mentioned before.

But the Vile are also play ground bullies regarding Blues, a local team who've only beaten Villa on 33 occasions since 1887. They've beaten us more times than they have Small Heath Alliance, but then we've played each other sixty one times more often. Swings, roundabouts, whys and wherefores. But as always, each to their own.

And always, always SOTV  8) .
Whereabouts in wednesbury were you from as I have Seen Wolves Fans in Wednesbury I Say I hate both Equally Wolves because they claim the Black Country there's when it isn't say they've got bigger History than us and see us as Small. I hate Villa because there local to Albion knocked us out of The FA Cup and Generally just hate them.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1826 on: April 12, 2018, 09:44:40 AM »
Go on then, I'll bite  ;D .

Anecdotal evidence from somebody who lives somewhere up near where they speak with spit gurgling around the throat as loosely alluded to by your good self  ;) . Ask many Albion supporters from Smethwick, Oldbury, Handsworth, Great Barr, Hamstead and Northfield too. The list goes on, even though many Albion in Northfield are also concerned with the Blues. These are not small sample areas individually and especially not when combined.

I concede the atmosphere can be poor at ours when we host the Vile, but equally from my perspective I don't think it's too hot for the Dings either. Sadly that's more to do with large sections of the Hawthorns having resembled a morgue for years. However, I do know what both fixtures occasionally lack in volume, they make up for in tension for whomever is more inclined one way or the other.

By the way I've been to a Vile/Blues derby at the seal pen. I can assure you the general atmosphere be it in terms of volume AND tension was shockingly poor. But then Stern Johns hilarious late equaliser aside, the fixture means next to nothing to me. As for you having not noticed anything untoward following the 'double' games though you must walk around in some kind of a bubble, especially before/during/after the Cup game.

I have every respect for those who can't stand those of an orange six fingered persuasion over the pink and blue pyjama clan. They can undoubtedly be a pain and far more so for those who live cheek by jowl with the inbred dads for cousins. But I'd prefer it if you didn't belittle the rivalry as felt by others, particularly when you clearly have no understanding of it from our perspective.

And for the record there really are a great many Vilers listed in the areas above who really do care. They just know their dismissive, arrogant denial narks many. I'm with Oldbury on this one though as I loathe them enough for the both of us. But ask yourself why many Vilers take such a stance. For many the answer is obvious, indoctrination from a young age as experienced by yourself with a Wednesbury raised dad. Cheek by jowl also plays a huge part again as mentioned before.

But the Vile are also play ground bullies regarding Blues, a local team who've only beaten Villa on 33 occasions since 1887. They've beaten us more times than they have Small Heath Alliance, but then we've played each other sixty one times more often. Swings, roundabouts, whys and wherefores. But as always, each to their own.

And always, always SOTV  8) .

That's not a bite mate. That's Jaws taking out the hull of a boat  ;D

Nice post Dan!
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1827 on: April 12, 2018, 09:48:59 AM »
Top goal by Neves last night - fair play.

The good news is that in the form he is in then that is genuinely going to get the attention of the big boys where money is no object, and we all know that agent Mendez loves money!!!
MAGA!

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1828 on: April 12, 2018, 12:39:44 PM »
Anybody else feel that if Fulham seal (no pun intended!) 2nd place then the Vilers will probably get through via the playoffs? Need Cardiff to get 2nd place and hope Fulham win the playoffs!
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1829 on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:43 PM »
Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but think sunday could be a bad day for Albion!

If Wolves beat Blues they are up, then a few hours later we play Man United, if results go against us saturday and we lose to United we get relegated officially i think! All of these things are very very feasible!

There will be some celebrations on sunday in Wolvo! To be fair we have got to take the p**s taking and banter coming our way, give or take the odd year we have been superior to them for the last 15 years, even the ten years prior to that when they were money bags and we were peasants we were still on a level with them so now its our turn to take the flak!

I thought they may bottle it but fair play to them, they have beat two top 6 rivals the last couple of games, gone up playing some good football (Neves goal last night was amazing) and i think if they go up trying to play football, be positive and enjoy themselves and are realistic with their intial aims (ie - not top 4 first season) and accept they probably are going to make the numbers up they should enjoy it.

This time next season, they could be pushing on in the premier league and we could be nowhere near, or we may be swapping places again and normal service is resumed.........

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1830 on: April 12, 2018, 02:19:23 PM »
Not sure if mentioned elsewhere but think sunday could be a bad day for Albion!

If Wolves beat Blues they are up, then a few hours later we play Man United, if results go against us saturday and we lose to United we get relegated officially i think! All of these things are very very feasible!

There will be some celebrations on sunday in Wolvo! To be fair we have got to take the p**s taking and banter coming our way, give or take the odd year we have been superior to them for the last 15 years, even the ten years prior to that when they were money bags and we were peasants we were still on a level with them so now its our turn to take the flak!

I thought they may bottle it but fair play to them, they have beat two top 6 rivals the last couple of games, gone up playing some good football (Neves goal last night was amazing) and i think if they go up trying to play football, be positive and enjoy themselves and are realistic with their intial aims (ie - not top 4 first season) and accept they probably are going to make the numbers up they should enjoy it.

This time next season, they could be pushing on in the premier league and we could be nowhere near, or we may be swapping places again and normal service is resumed.........

I can't be the only one thinking "who cares" about the Dingles?

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1831 on: April 12, 2018, 02:35:16 PM »
I can't be the only one thinking "who cares" about the Dingles?

Absolutely. They're a decent side, and about as important to us as Walsall.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1832 on: April 12, 2018, 04:06:50 PM »
Absolutely. They're a decent side, and about as important to us as Walsall.

As Dan fairly said to me: But I'd prefer it if you didn't belittle the rivalry as felt by others, particularly when you clearly have no understanding of it from our perspective.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1833 on: April 12, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »

That's not a bite mate. That's Jaws taking out the hull of a boat  ;D

Nice post Dan!

Always remember, there is only one thing worse than a Viler,

2 Vilers !

Dingles - Would a snow leopard worry about an alley cat ?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1834 on: April 12, 2018, 04:17:49 PM »
Anybody else feel that if Fulham seal (no pun intended!) 2nd place then the Vilers will probably get through via the playoffs? Need Cardiff to get 2nd place and hope Fulham win the playoffs!
My thoughts exactly.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1835 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:36 AM »

As Dan fairly said to me: But I'd prefer it if you didn't belittle the rivalry as felt by others, particularly when you clearly have no understanding of it from our perspective.

What do you have against Walsall?!

I jest, I'm from a majority Albion-Wolves area myself. I know too many Wolves fans and they're all too similar to ourselves to hold a proper dislike for. You could write a bloody thesis on it. Either way, we wont be playing one of them next year.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1836 on: April 14, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »
Villa winning last night locks up a play-off spot for them and are just 2 points behind Fulham having played a game more. If they win their remaining 3 fixtures they post 89 points which I think Cardiff will almost certainly get past and probably Fulham as well.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1837 on: April 14, 2018, 07:29:45 PM »
94th minute Brentford equaliser. D1ngle5 promoted. Dean Smith can **** off.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1838 on: April 14, 2018, 08:26:42 PM »

I grew up in Cannock, Dingle stronghold and even got spat at once or twice at school for wearing an Albion coat. I dislike the Dingles but the pants wetting in here about them going up is a bit embarrassing. Yeah it's rubbish but honestly, I can't say I care too much.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1839 on: April 14, 2018, 09:39:56 PM »
I grew up in Cannock, Dingle stronghold and even got spat at once or twice at school for wearing an Albion coat. I dislike the Dingles but the pants wetting in here about them going up is a bit embarrassing. Yeah it's rubbish but honestly, I can't say I care too much.

Likewise, when I was younger the rivalry was a big thing for me, but nowadays (older and wiser) I just treat them with complete indifference
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1840 on: April 14, 2018, 10:59:08 PM »
I don't live in the area and never have, so its probably a bit rich for me to say this, but...so what? They've gone up. I couldn't really care less. The situation we find ourselves in is our own fault and no one else's. I remember posting that while Villa and Wolves were in the league below us we had a huge opportunity to capitalise, but that with Pulis at the helm we were losing the opportunity.

We lost the opportunity by not being forward thinking. Wolves have been forward thinking.

Its now over to us to fix it.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1841 on: April 15, 2018, 02:00:57 AM »
I often had to go to Cannock to get a coach to the game during the 70’s/80’s. The dogheads were never a problem, but I had more than enough problems with vilers. Only when I and pals were outnumbered mind. They were a different animal when the numbers were fairer. Add that to other unprovoked problems with them home and away, it’s no surprise I have a dislike for them. Even the friendlier ones turn obnoxious after a pint. And they’re all ugly. And stupid. And stink.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1842 on: April 15, 2018, 02:09:28 AM »
I often had to go to Cannock to get a coach to the game during the 70’s/80’s. The dogheads were never a problem, but I had more than enough problems with vilers. Only when I and pals were outnumbered mind. They were a different animal when the numbers were fairer. Add that to other unprovoked problems with them home and away, it’s no surprise I have a dislike for them. Even the friendlier ones turn obnoxious after a pint. And they’re all ugly. And stupid. And stink.

As I stated earlier, playground bullies.

Fuggin' w@nkers.

Oh, and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1843 on: April 15, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
As I stated earlier, playground bullies.

Fuggin' w@nkers.

Oh, and SOTV  8) .
SOTV  8)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1844 on: April 15, 2018, 11:40:48 AM »
Fair play to Wolves they deserve it....

Cant sit here crying into our milk after the abuse weve given them the last 6 years or is that 10/15 years??

The only thing I can still laugh at them for is the fact they think they will be pushing Europe next season...they deserve the abuse for that
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1845 on: April 15, 2018, 12:11:37 PM »
Never seen so many dogheads about, is the something wrong with the sewer drainage system that has caused them to come out in the open.  ;D   
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1846 on: April 21, 2018, 06:21:18 PM »
Sunderland relegated to league 1 , big stadium, in debt.

Rodwell on 70k a week

They have the likes of O'Shea, Kone, cattermole, oviedo, Mcgeady on decent money too

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1847 on: April 25, 2018, 06:39:40 PM »
Sunderland relegated to league 1 , big stadium, in debt.

Rodwell on 70k a week

They have the likes of O'Shea, Kone, cattermole, oviedo, Mcgeady on decent money too

Really feel for Sunderland supporters - a good, loyal passionate bunch so it is not nice to see their demise. Hopefully they get rid of Short soon and can start the rebuilding recovery.

I guess Short will regret chasing the dream under Bruce and O'Neill to achieve no return, aside from what is now a basket case football club
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1848 on: April 27, 2018, 10:01:38 AM »
Big weekend in the Championship for Cardiff and Fulham.

I dislike both Cardiff and Warnock, but I dislike the Villa more so I would rather Cardiff up automatically and Fulham in the play offs to make it more difficult for the Villa to win the play offs.

I reckon loading the play offs with Fulham, Derby and Middlesbrough will be the best bet for stopping the Villa getting up. Hopefully with Villa finishing 4th and Middlesbrough 5th for Pulis to knock them out with a few set pieces.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1849 on: April 27, 2018, 12:21:34 PM »
See the vile lot have pointed out that the Championship play off final is on 26th May.
The same date that they won the European Cup in 82.
I hadn't realised they had won the European Cup  ::)
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'