Author Topic: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD  (Read 1327655 times)

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »
27/27 with 38 seconds left.

There were two of us though. And my mate is a Dingle, so who knows the championship better?

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2012, 09:51:55 PM »
Nottingham Forrest are going to be taken over by a rich arab. Forrest have a good history but you would think they would go and buy a club in the Premier League like a Everton or even us. I think they need to know that spending big in the championship does not get you into the Premier League, ask leicester city. We are obviously ahead of forrest at the moment but i do worry that we will get left behind in a couple of years time, most of the premier league teams our already owned by wealthy chairman. I think if i was a wealthy sugar daddy i would look at a club like WBA and look at the facts

*No debt
*Good training facilities
* Good youth set-up
*26,000 seater stadium could be 30,000 very soon

Yet teams like QPR in the championship at the time get took over, ok they are based in London but surely a club like Everton,WBA, would be better to invest your money ?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 10:04:19 PM by wba1993dave »
BOING BOING

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »
Nottingham Forrest are going to be taken over by a rich arab. Forrest have a good history but you would think they would go and buy a club in the Premier League like a Everton or even us. I think they need to know that spending big in the championship does not get you into the Premier League, ask leicester city.

The last person on earth I would want owning my club is a rich arab. We dont need that were doing ok as it is. Much rather see us grow slowly and witin our means.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:36 AM »
The last person on earth I would want owning my club is a rich arab. We dont need that were doing ok as it is. Much rather see us grow slowly and witin our means.

Id agree with Ruby.

As much as i'd love to see world class players at our club week in week out and us challenging for silverware, Id rather we continue the slow progression 'the right way',.

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »
I agree with the last few comments. In the short term it is good, but in the long term then the problems of debt and a mass exodous of players been sold, just look at Leeds and Portsmouth.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2012, 05:17:47 PM »
Colin with a possible career in acting perhaps? The unveiling of Leeds new shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAcc_3eEMtU&feature=player_embedded
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

charliewestbrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
Colin with a possible career in acting perhaps? The unveiling of Leeds new shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAcc_3eEMtU&feature=player_embedded

Ha. Saw that a few months ago.

Fair play to them for trying some different, and as cheesy unnecessary pieces of amateur dramatics go, it's not that cringe worthy.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2012, 11:06:27 AM »
Steve Cotterill sacked by Forest

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2012, 11:38:41 AM »

Seems to be another club that has been promised everything, we'll see if these owners deliver.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2012, 11:46:55 AM »
Forest's new owners sack the manager who kept the team up in difficult circumstances last year which is par for the course for big money no clue owners http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18812339 next step rebranding :)
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2012, 11:48:50 AM »
Maradona's available.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2012, 12:11:34 PM »
Forest's new owners sack the manager who kept the team up in difficult circumstances last year which is par for the course for big money no clue owners http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18812339 next step rebranding :)

Its really not, he should of easier kept them up, i dont know a single forest fans who isnt happy that he has been sacked,

Rednapp been mentioned alot today and yesturday, i cant see it myself, 

Im hoping they go like Munto Finance but these seem alright so far, Come on get Sven in he cant wait  ;D
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2012, 12:45:41 PM »

No surprise really. A difficult job in difficult circumstances but he should have done a bit better with what he had there. The new owners are minted so they will want a big name to front up the club. Looks like Forest are heading back to the big time which to be fair is where they probably belong.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2012, 01:45:48 PM »
Fine Cotterill might not be the best manager in the world but equally to fire a manager who does have the know how to manage a team in the championship which is a very particular league might not be the smartest move. Plenty of big name coaches have come and gone at ambitious championship clubs without without conspicuous success, I await developments.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2012, 02:05:46 PM »
Forest fans are expecting so much, they are already boring me and its only been a day, they thing there going to be like Man City in years to come,

Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
Forest fans are expecting so much, they are already boring me and its only been a day, they thing there going to be like Man City in years to come,
They're a bit like Villa, still living off the success they had decades ago thinking they're still one of the best clubs in the country when now they're mediocre at best. Quite an arrogant bunch, I remember them being very loosely linked with Shorey the season before last (when Shorey was still a good player for us) and one of them coming out with "if we want Shorey, we'll get him".

The new owners sound like your typical Arab businessmen who have no idea about football, so I wouldn't be surprised if they hired Maradona. Horrible man, horrible set of fans - they'd deserve each other.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2012, 03:02:15 PM »

cancelled there pre season tour aswell, bet thats pleased them, could be man city could be blackburn massive gamble with rich arabs.

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2012, 03:43:43 PM »
No surprise really. A difficult job in difficult circumstances but he should have done a bit better with what he had there. The new owners are minted so they will want a big name to front up the club. Looks like Forest are heading back to the big time which to be fair is where they probably belong.
Hows that work then. Up until the late 70's, no-one had heard of them. NO ONE belongs in the top flight you have to earn the right !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2012, 04:45:52 PM »
Hows that work then. Up until the late 70's, no-one had heard of them. NO ONE belongs in the top flight you have to earn the right !!

Well your absolutely right about earning the right. But I was referencing against the size of the club and its fan base not to mention.................FA Cup 1898 1959........oh forgetting no one had heard of them before the 70s....League Cup 78 79 89 and 90..First Division 78...European Cup 79 & 80....get my drift?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2012, 05:34:19 PM »
Championship could be a very interesting division next season. If Wolves think they're in for an easy ride then they're going to be quite mistaken. You would presume that the likes of Leicester and Nottingham Forest with their new owners will spend big money. Cardiff too have those Malaysians, whether they decide to give Malky Mackay a war chest remains to be seen. Aren't Leeds in the process of being taken over? And when you consider they have Colin who's a very good manager in that division you would expect them to be in and around there. Watford have also been taken over recently but I would expect the play offs to be out of their reach at the moment. You then have both Bolton and Blackburn which so far have appeared to spend wisely. You could argue a case for those two being towards the front of the league.

You then have your likes of Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough and Blackpool which you would all assume would be there or there abouts. Very tough division to call.

We therefore have: Leicester, Notts Forest, Cardiff, Birmingham, Wolves, Leeds United, Bolton, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday, Middlesbrough and Blackpool all with a realistic chance of promotion in the upcoming season. It then wouldn't surprise me to see a side have a mammoth surge after Christmas.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #145 on: July 13, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »
Said the new lot at Forest had potential for being the next bunch of comedy owners. Forest's pre season tour to US cancelled with 4 days notice you would be delighted if you were a Forest fan and booked that as   your holiday.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #146 on: July 13, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »
No game with Orlando City.  :(

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #147 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:33 PM »
Forest are now going to appoint and I quote an "iconic" manager. Glen Hoddle is being heavily linked with the job I rest my case.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #148 on: July 15, 2012, 03:03:59 PM »
Rumours are Chris Kirkland has apparently resigned from SWFC. Although, according to a reporter that way, he's been given time off to look after his wife who is seriously ill.

I hope she recovers soon. Fair play to Kirkland for putting his career on hold, family will always come first. Shame his career has been consistently haulted by injuries.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »
Forest are now going to appoint and I quote an "iconic" manager. Glen Hoddle is being heavily linked with the job I rest my case.

When did Mick McCarthy become iconic? In talks over the Forest job.