Author Topic: Your favourites for relegation  (Read 28827 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Your favourites for relegation
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »
Now we know the line up for next seasons premier who do you thing will go down.
For me its the 3 that came up with the usual suspects there abouts.As long as we have Roy, Pete and Mulumbu i think we will finish similar to this season but i will take 17Th for another season of consolidation
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Your favourtes for relegation
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 05:22:18 PM »
The three that come up will struggle I think, although QPR may spend big, it takes time to gel. I Wigan, Wolves, maybe Bolton who had a poor end to last season. I imagine we will in there too, and usually a team that you dont expect to be down there.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Your favourites for relegation
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 05:23:48 PM »
For me its the 3 that came up with the usual suspects there abouts.As long as we have Roy, Pete and Mulumbu i think we will finish similar to this season but i will take 17Th for another season of consolidation

Depends what QPR do - they could implode the way they are going off field since promotion OR they could seriously pour money into the 'project' and become a real player...................

Norwich and Swansea shouldn't be able to match Albion's spending/pulling power which should help us.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

jsam

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
It's far too early to say given nobody's bought anybody yet. But If was pushed I'd see QPR doing OK, bit like Newcastle this season. Norwich, Swansea and Wolves or Wigan for me.
Remember the past - learn from it

Baggie Artist

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
Blackburn without six easy points off us will surely be right down there. Same with Wigan without Al Habsi and Wolves. Add the three promoted clubs and I think we'll have a decent chance of staying up even if we were to have a bad season.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 05:35:06 PM »
Wigan- will lose N'Zogbia and Al Habsi i think
N'Zogbia will go to a Team like tottenham or Arsenal

Norwich- Will start well but just dont think they have enough quality

QPR- i see Warnock going by Christmas, they will buy to many players which will unsettle the team, owners will get involed with the team selection and transfers bla bla bla

I think us and Wolves will be fine, we have a top manager they dont but its there fighting spirit which seems to keep the up, I think Bolton could be the dark horses , they have already lost elmander and will lose Sturridge and Cahil, there keeper is getting on and have Badge kisser as a left back, i see coyle ditching them by christmas and may go to a team like Villa or Newcastle
BOING BOING

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
in reverse order by most bookies as follows

Swansea
Norwich
QPR
Wigan
Wolves
Blackburn
Albion

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
Hopefully the "holy trinity" should prove to be the difference between us and the rest of the candidates for the drop.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 08:42:54 PM »
Obviously all 3 new teams will be favourites. Personally I think at least one will drop, possibly two. Ie. All teams are 'weak', Swansea/Norwich have little funds and experience, whilst QPR may not spend and there's still boardroom politics there which isn't good.

From the others, I suspect a few clubs: Wolves, Blackburn, Wigan and even Fulham and Sunderland I suspect.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
I think we'll be in about 14/15th next season, hovering just above it.

I don't think that, as it stands, any of the newly promoted clubs is as strong as either we or Newcastle were at the same stage. QPR probably won't spend that big, at least not from what I've read.

Then you have to look at Blackburn, whose form since Kean took over is awful. And of course Wolves and Wigan, who both had to ride their luck to stay up this season.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 08:50:40 PM »
QPR, Norwich and Swansea will naturally be favourites for the drop but it depends how they do in the transfer market and how lucky they get really.

Then you have a group like Albion, Wolves, Wigan and Blackburn who will most likely struggle if they can't improve on their performances from this past season as the bigger clubs will probably improve enough not to drop as many points against them.

Then there are those that have more of an outside chance of going for me with Fulham and Stoke in Europe so you never know how that will affect league form along with the likes of Bolton and Newcastle depending on what they do in the transfer window.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
Next seasons Premier League will be as follows;

Man United, Chelsea and Man City will buy it out for the title.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs will fight it out over 4th, 5th and 6th.

Everton will finish 7th, regardless of how poorly they start and how well they finish.

Between 8th and 14th will be Bolton, Sunderland, Stoke, Fulham, Newcastle, West Brom and Villa. A couple of these sides will flirt with relegation before pulling clear with a couple of games to go, possibly Fulham as they have the 'distraction' of the Europa League.

15th-20th will be Blackburn, Wolves, Wigan, Norwich, Swansea and QPR (in that order) although form depending one of the mid-table clubs may be replaced by Blackburn or Wolves.

One of Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City or Spurs will win the League Cup and FA Cup, and away from the Premier League for the real gamblers I fancy Barcelona to win La Liga and the Champions League (again) Boring.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »
i think it will be much the same as this year...standard top 6 with the rest fighting relegation
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 08:49:55 AM »
favourites have to be the 3 who have come up, but you never know.

Everyone has seen blues fall.

We could quite easily go if signings dont have an impact. Same goes for wolves, they know the defence is the weak link but if your signings do not work out then your left in a mess without any money to fix it.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 12:46:27 PM »
I think it all depends on how teams strengthen in the summer transfer window. The early favourites will be the three that went up but its like that every season.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
We were joint second favourites to be relegated at the start of last season. ;)
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »
Norwich
QPR
W*lves
Swansea
Wigan
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2011, 08:20:39 PM »
I HAVE A DREAM.... Man Spew, liverpoo, and the backside. ;D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2011, 10:01:04 PM »

Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea

bottom

Bolton
Blackburn
Norwich
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Philly88

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2011, 10:09:28 PM »
I wouldnt actually be surprised if Liverpool do well next season, they could gt a decent signing... although i hate the fact
Let's bring back Micky Evans... thats a good idea

reynirver

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 10:26:09 PM »
It will be a battle between the promoted sides and Albion, Wolves, Wigan.. Blackburn could be there also but that will depend on who the sign in this summer I think..

off_foo_182

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2011, 03:09:57 PM »
mark my words we will be top half next season, 7th is possible if we get lucky with transfers and the season goes well. Cant see anyone outside the top 6 significantly strengthening.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
I'd say out of the three promoted teams, Swansea have the highest chance of staying up. I fear also that yet again Wigan will be battling it out most season, as may be us and Wolves.
WestBromwichAlbion

Rich99

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2011, 08:06:35 PM »
I'd say out of the three promoted teams, Swansea have the highest chance of staying up. I fear also that yet again Wigan will be battling it out most season, as may be us and Wolves.

Especially as it looks like they may be losing N'zogbia too.

wolves4ever

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »
Loving this thread ;D I can't wait to come back in May 2012.