Author Topic: Alan Pardew  (Read 644016 times)

boot2006

• Youth Baggie

Re: Alan Pardew
« Reply #2500 on: March 31, 2018, 06:28:10 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Pardew may remain with us into next season. I wonder if there are all sorts of secret discussions behind the scenes preparing a plan and a budget for the changes needed in the summer....but with AP still in charge? Surely he would have been dismissed by now otherwise? Thoughts?

I don't think there's any chance this idiot Pardew will still be with us next season.
There would be no interest from the fans.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2501 on: March 31, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »
Any reaction from this clown after the game? Can't see anything, hopefully he's gone

He is quoted as saying that Burnley had better individual players than us and just about deserved the three points

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2502 on: March 31, 2018, 06:34:09 PM »
still think board and owners have a lot to answer for. What if this happens in Championship keep coach because it's too expensive to sack him we'd be calling for owners head

The board havnt said it's too expensive to sack him though have they?

Maybe they are more concerned about getting a replacement before pulling the trigger..... which is clearly a struggle.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2503 on: March 31, 2018, 06:36:25 PM »
The board havnt said it's too expensive to sack him though have they?

Maybe they are more concerned about getting a replacement before pulling the trigger..... which is clearly a struggle.
so why is he still  here ???

ianbrown9999

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2504 on: March 31, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »
I'm beginning to think that Pardew may remain with us into next season. I wonder if there are all sorts of secret discussions behind the scenes preparing a plan and a budget for the changes needed in the summer....but with AP still in charge? Surely he would have been dismissed by now otherwise? Thoughts?

I said exactly the same thing to my mate. Seems strange how he is still at the club, poor result after poor result he still keeps his job. I would not be suprised at all if he is given the summer to make signings and given the first ten games in the Championship. Hope I'm wrong.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2505 on: March 31, 2018, 06:55:09 PM »

I said exactly the same thing to my mate. Seems strange how he is still at the club, poor result after poor result he still keeps his job. I would not be suprised at all if he is given the summer to make signings and given the first ten games in the Championship. Hope I'm wrong.

It would be a ridiculous situation but I can see him being here next season .

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2506 on: March 31, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »
The thing is what is the point in sacking him now? No manager is going to come to the club now, not until the end of the season so sacking Pardew and having to pay him off is pretty bad business and we've had more than enough of that.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2507 on: March 31, 2018, 06:59:28 PM »
He is quoted as saying that Burnley had better individual players than us and just about deserved the three points
They don't have better individual players than us. Usual Pardew sh##te. They do have a better team and better tactics than us though.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2508 on: March 31, 2018, 07:01:21 PM »
I've had an idea of what the club could do, does anyone know if it would be legally viable?

Could the club 'request' that Pardew resign, and if he was to refuse, make it public knowledge that he has refused to step down? It gives Pardew a chance to either save face and resign, or remain and become public enemy number 1. Also, it gets rid of him on the cheap from the clubs view. Any thoughts?

Only downside could be it may affect our next manager's view of the job/board, but it ought to be understandable that this is an exceptional circumstance.
Grounds for constructive dismissal I'm afraid. We just have to be patient now, it won't be long.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2509 on: March 31, 2018, 07:02:32 PM »
The thing is what is the point in sacking him now? No manager is going to come to the club now, not until the end of the season so sacking Pardew and having to pay him off is pretty bad business and we've had more than enough of that.
makes a statement to fans that we won't take these performances and we care too

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2510 on: March 31, 2018, 07:03:12 PM »

If rather have our under 7s coach in charge than this clown. We literally cannot be any worse.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2511 on: March 31, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
makes a statement to fans that we won't take these performances and we care too

We're in need of an overdraft for the first time in years. The club simply has to be more prudent with it's money, I'm sure fans understand that.

Spending more money than we need to get rid of Pardew whilst clearly gaining nothing from it would be stupid from a business perspective.

Making a gesture to the fans is not a good enough reason.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2512 on: March 31, 2018, 07:12:42 PM »
It might cost as much as £2m extra to sack him now as opposed to whenever the relegation is confirmed . The board can't and won't do anything that suggests that they are in effect going to sack him including any public statements that might be construed as such.

Pardew tried to work his ticket a month ago and the board refused to play ball. It is a sorry state of affairs but nothing has changed since and we are stuck with each other. 

I think there is zero chance that he survives relegation particularly given the way we are going without a whimper
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2513 on: March 31, 2018, 07:16:14 PM »
so why is he still  here ???

That's the question every one of us are asking.... but people fail to realise that we look at it from a fans perspective where the people who really matter are looking at it from a business perspective.... we are down this season regardless if we stick or twist so it makes no odds to the board and his pay off won't even dent the owners bank balance.

But do you really believe a suitable replacement would be interested in coming in before the season ends to add a relegation to his record pretty much straight away?

Whoever the board line up will want a fresh start not a relegation scrap to get them going.

wba_jd26

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2514 on: March 31, 2018, 07:20:21 PM »
Best thing to do is just be vocal what we think about him week in week out until the end of the season. We’re going down, let that be on his cv if he won’t resign.

He had 2 weeks to prepare tactically for today and after 10 minutes he changed his formation because it was wrong. I understand the need for a plan b and c but that’s just unacceptable.

I don’t understand what he does all week on the training ground, there has been no change in style of play and we make the same mistakes week in week out. He has no idea what formation to play or which players to play where.

I would take the remainder of the season to play some of our young players to get them some game time with a view to next season. Playing against higher level opposition even for 10-15 mins at the end of a game will be beneficial. Certainly would rather see that than some of the pathetic excuses of footballers we currently have in the team.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2515 on: March 31, 2018, 07:25:24 PM »
That's the question every one of us are asking.... but people fail to realise that we look at it from a fans perspective where the people who really matter are looking at it from a business perspective.... we are down this season regardless if we stick or twist so it makes no odds to the board and his pay off won't even dent the owners bank balance.

But do you really believe a suitable replacement would be interested in coming in before the season ends to add a relegation to his record pretty much straight away?

Whoever the board line up will want a fresh start not a relegation scrap to get them going.
put big Dave in charge and play kids

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2516 on: March 31, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »
put big Dave in charge and play kids

And give Pardew in the region of £1 million compensation? Screw that. Let him stick it out and be humiliated. It doesn't matter whether we win any more games now. We are done. Any self respecting coach of any quality will be currently employed and finishing off a season with another club. Do the groundwork now.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2517 on: March 31, 2018, 07:38:24 PM »
Best thing to do is just be vocal what we think about him week in week out until the end of the season. We’re going down, let that be on his cv if he won’t resign.

He had 2 weeks to prepare tactically for today and after 10 minutes he changed his formation because it was wrong. I understand the need for a plan b and c but that’s just unacceptable.

I don’t understand what he does all week on the training ground, there has been no change in style of play and we make the same mistakes week in week out. He has no idea what formation to play or which players to play where.

I would take the remainder of the season to play some of our young players to get them some game time with a view to next season. Playing against higher level opposition even for 10-15 mins at the end of a game will be beneficial. Certainly would rather see that than some of the pathetic excuses of footballers we currently have in the team.

I really like this post.  Pardew just "runs with the hare and the hounds" match after match, week after week.  There is no game plan, there is no studying of opponents, it's just crazy.

He shows no sign of learning on the job. 

- Gregorz is our best central midfielder, amazingly he's dropped with no explanation.
- Livermore did what exactly to warrant a recall after a spell out?
- Yacob brought back into the fold recently, why did Pardew drop him about January time?
- Brunt: it doesn't work in the middle, we tried it in successive home games v So'ton and lost 2-3 / 1-2, Leicester a 1-4 spanking etc etc.
- Burke is our best player v Leicester, doesn't play the next 2 why?

As has already been said, I don't know what happens in training.  Do they just play Headers & Volleys or Wembley and that's it?

What's happening now is this guy is actually shamong the club and the Board are sitting back letting it wash all over them i.e. accepting garbage.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2518 on: March 31, 2018, 07:40:10 PM »
And give Pardew in the region of £1 million compensation? Screw that. Let him stick it out and be humiliated. It doesn't matter whether we win any more games now. We are done. Any self respecting coach of any quality will be currently employed and finishing off a season with another club. Do the groundwork now.
will effect the players that club can't move on, losing is a bad habit to break see Sunderland

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2519 on: March 31, 2018, 07:44:00 PM »
No point in sacking him now unless they were to give the job big Dave until the season which they won't. The club should of pulled the trigger after the FA cup loss to Southampton but they didn't they accepted defeat and the inevitable relegation which comes with that giving up. In the summer Pardew needs to go as does Carver and Hammond.

minimann

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2520 on: March 31, 2018, 07:48:03 PM »
If it will cost circa 2m more to sack him now that is the equivalent of one of these "undiscovered gems" we wish to start signing again in the summer (and probably would also include a years wages) it's grim at present but sadly can see the financial logic speaking volumes.

slate

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2521 on: March 31, 2018, 08:01:55 PM »
will effect the players that club can't move on, losing is a bad habit to break see Sunderland

You'd spend £1-2 million on the "players feelings"? The first team is going to be vastly different next season. Keep the money, let Pardew man it up and spend it on improving the squad.
Having listened to Jenkins on WM prior to the game, I was quite shocked to hear that in addition to the BS we have assembled on the pitch, we have also screwed the pooch with the financials.
Every penny counts.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2522 on: March 31, 2018, 08:03:40 PM »
No point in sacking him now unless they were to give the job big Dave until the season which they won't. The club should of pulled the trigger after the FA cup loss to Southampton but they didn't they accepted defeat and the inevitable relegation which comes with that giving up. In the summer Pardew needs to go as does Carver and Hammond.
who's  advice did owner take in keeping clueless in charge as he's not a football person his words not mine. He or they should also be removed

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2523 on: March 31, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
If I had the money I would pay him to fu@k off now.

To hear him talking about next season makes me so angry.  Absolutely no shame.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2524 on: March 31, 2018, 08:06:59 PM »
If I had the money I would pay him to fu@k off now.

To hear him talking about next season makes me so angry.  Absolutely no shame.
here here