Author Topic: 2 Dec 2017 Albion 0 Crystal Palace 0  (Read 34689 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2017, 03:56:40 PM »
I keep seeing posts that Gibbs is injured but there's nothing on the official site or even physio room to suggest this. I've had a quick look on the net and can't find anything.

Does anyone have a link to a reasonably credible source for this?

Just read in the Express and Star that he's a doubt for tomorrow due to a gashed thigh.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2017, 04:59:01 PM »
Can't expect Pardew to have had much opportunity to change things in 2 training sessions.
I think Palace will definitely score. They have more players able to break forward at pace than we do, especially Zaha and Townshend. And I rate Benteke higher than Rondon.
May have to be satisfied with a draw.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
Roy has them playing with more confidence and results have been improving. They have a good squad and I don't think they will be relegated. Would be VERY happy with a draw.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »
Palace are going to beat us, oh how I wish we had Roy as manager.
Funny how you kept predicting us to win when Pulis was here, almost regardless of who we were playing, despite almost everything pointing to the contrary since we reached 40 points last season.

I'm concerned about the number of injuries we've got, we're pretty much down to the bare bones. Pardew could certainly do without that in his first game. Let's hope there are some signs of progress at least and that we somehow can cobble together a victory.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2017, 07:29:27 PM »
McClean shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, he is a joke

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2017, 08:24:42 PM »
I would take a draw now.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2017, 08:32:41 PM »
He's not a joke but he is a liability with his temperament. Doesn't matter if he's pushing up or tracking back he's never far from ploughing into someone.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2017, 08:50:59 PM »
I think Pard's will have us wound up ready to go and we will win 2-0.
Yes Palace are playing better lately,but they are still rock bottom,show them no respect,say I.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2017, 09:11:35 PM »
'The Bomber' said on BBC WM Tuesday night that the best attribute a player can have is pace/speed as it makes defenders panic and more likely cause mistakes and they get scared when they are getting ran at by someone who's quick.

McClean isnt a great player, but he is very quick... clearly his defending is non existant, but playing him as a winger over the course of a game, him constantly running at full backs at the speed he can..... will trouble them.

If he is used as a winger... and a winger only, i think he could do a job for us.... even if he is only used for the last 20/30mins of a game when the defence is already tired.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2017, 11:33:35 PM »
Positivity is the name of the game tomorrow. Pardew Positivity with tactics, Player Positivity going forward and fan positivity in the stands will take us to the win we badly need to put some distance between us and the bottom 3.

If Pardew has been able to instill any kind of measure of confidence back into the team during this week and if we turn up and actually back the team to boost it further that then we will win the game.

The moment there is any negativity we risk the team reverting back to type and sitting behind the 18 yard line defending and lose it.

Finely balanced for sure, but we can definitely make the difference tomorrow and I think we will.

Albion to win 3-1  ;D
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #60 on: December 01, 2017, 11:41:19 PM »
Think I'd go woth the following  (I have presumed that Gibbs and Phillips pass their fitness tests and have put their replacements in brackets):

Foster

Nyom
McAuley
Evans
Gibbs (Brunt or Barry if Brunt is out)

Krychowiak
Livermore

Phillips (McLean)
Robson-Kanu 
Rodriguez

Rondon

gingernumpty

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2017, 01:24:49 AM »
To win a game you have to score and score more than the opposition.  Trying to win rather than not lose feels like a completely different approach already and has been missing.  AP appears to put an emphasis on this and trying to attack teams rather than just defend at all costs and try nick a set piece goal.  This approach can of course open you up to conceding first, however, more than happy to live with that.  I hope we don’t go completely gung-ho and end up behind early daws but if we are on the front foot tomorrow from the off and the crowd get behind the team whomever plays I think we have a real chance of a positive result.  It’s been a long while since i was looking forward to a game.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2017, 03:58:58 AM »
Just read in the Express and Star that he's a doubt for tomorrow due to a gashed thigh.

Cheers, at least it helps to explain what otherwise looked a very odd substitution on Tuesday night.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2017, 06:11:32 AM »
2am kick off for me, still not sure whether I'll get up for it but I'm a bit more optimistic now that TP is gone. If I suddenly wake around 1am-1.30am, I'll park myself on the lounge away from my wife's snoring and follow the BBC website plus our in-game chat.

I'd be more confident if Chadli was fit along with Morrison but it's a game we can win.

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2017, 06:20:17 AM »
The only definites for me are Foster, Rondon, Field, Gibbs and possibly Evans.

I think Yacob should be there to bolster the midfield defence.

I wouldn't have McLean in unless as mentioned previously he's played as a winger.

Gee I'd love to see Burke get a run and I cannot wait until Chadli is back fully fit.

Perhaps this:

Foster
Nyom
Hegazi
Evans
Gibbs
Yacob
Barry
Burke
Greg
Rodriguez
Rondon

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Commentary
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2017, 07:57:29 AM »
Thanks mate

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »
I still see Phillips as a key attacking player for us -( end product, set piece delivery) and it would be a blow for Pardew if he's not available.
Better he's out for 2 or 3 games to settle his hamstring down rather than out for 2 or 3 months like last year though.
That said it may give Burke his opportunity to establish himself. Could do with them both available for the busy next 2 months.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2017, 10:59:18 AM »
Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack AttackAttack Attack Attack Attack Attack Attack  :D

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2017, 11:04:43 AM »
                                                   Foster

Nyom                          Hegazi                           Evans                        Gibbs

Yacob

Krychowiak                     Field

Burke                                                                                                Phillips (Rodriguez)

Rondon

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2017, 12:36:03 PM »
Really looking forward to today. There's a noticeable air of excitement on this board as well now

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2017, 12:46:27 PM »
Really looking forward to today. There's a noticeable air of excitement on this board as well now

I'm almost certain the reason the weather looks grim today is to help balance the universe about our fans being excited/optimistic for a game  ::)
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2017, 01:06:03 PM »
We're entering a brave new world today so there's plenty of reason for excitement, but also patience from the fans will be required too. After nearly 3 years of having the most negative tactics imaginable drilled into them day-in day-out, it'll be difficult for the players to adapt and it'll take AP a while to implement all of the changes that he wants to bring in to get the side playing how he wants it to play.

On the other hand, you'd hope that the players will be welcoming the change of emphasis and will be really up for it as a consequence so, whilst it all might be a bit rough around the edges to begin with and might look a bit disjointed on occasions, these are exciting times to embrace and not nit-pick over. At the very significant risk of being extremely cheesy (but it seems fitting somehow!):

Link: Enjoy!

Onwards and upwards!

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2017, 01:26:16 PM »
First time in a long long time I'm looking forward to watching us play.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »
Il be on a plane to malta so when I land 3 points would be a great way to start my brake

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42119950

Nacer Chadli and James Morrison are nearing full fitness and could feature.