Author Topic: Oliver Burke signs for Sheffield United (Permanent)  (Read 285029 times)

Aussie Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Oliver Burke (on loan at Celtic)
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2018, 12:03:17 PM »
Yes to both.

Thanks mate.

We might finally see some quality from him with the pressure off a bit.

Is it too much to hope it might make him more prepared for PL if we go straight back up again?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2018, 12:55:00 PM »
He reminds me of when we had Koumas or Dorrans. He'll probably **** the championship, but struggle to step up.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 09:10:57 AM by Hull Baggie »

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2018, 08:17:00 AM »
Do we keep Burke for next season?

Would he do much better in the next tier down?

It was his performances in the Championship for Notts Forest that got him his (ill fated) move to RB Leipzig.

I've no doubt he would be much more successful and have more of an impact at a lower level, which in turn may give him the game time and confidence to be more effective when we get back into the Premier league.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #378 on: May 10, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
Both Oliver and Sam Field need to establish themselves next season the team needs to be built around these two alongside some experienced pros. This is another reason I'm not convinced by Big Dave getting the job so far he's relied on senior pros. Next season we need to be bringing in the best of the kids i.e. Oliver and Sam.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:30:19 AM by Atomic »

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #379 on: May 10, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
burke was very good in the championship for forest,im hoping he starts next season could be a big player for us

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #380 on: May 10, 2018, 08:41:18 AM »
Personally I think that we will be raving about this chap next season, with a bit of work he could be a real problem to the opposition.

Must keep and must play
MAGA!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #381 on: May 10, 2018, 10:00:15 AM »
A must keep, especially if we appoint a footballing manager. A type of player that needs to be off the leash.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
If we appoint a manager like Smith who gets the ball down and playing Burke can really thrive he may lack confidence at the start due to lack of game time but he has already done well in the past in the championship with Nottingham forest.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2018, 08:32:08 AM »
He got on OK in the Championship for Forest, as we saw with his move to Leipzig he is very much a confidence player. Only the very best in his position can turn in on off the bench every week. Give him a run of games in Championship and he will come good. He's hardly kicked a ball for us yet.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
Still have some concerns about him. He looks a real threat going forward and can be a match winner, however he is worse than Koumas for tracking back in any way shape or form. A real luxury player that has to perform or is a passenger as imo when not attacking he is a liability. He needs to learn the true team ethic or if Darren becomes manager may not play very much.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2018, 09:59:55 AM »
Big season for him next year, he has barely started a game the last two seasons at Leipzig and with us and seems to be mainly used as a sub for the last 15-20 minutes.

After making such a good breakthrough at Forest, the lack of games the last two years will of hindered him a bit and he cant afford to have a third year like it.

From what i have seen he looks a bit of a headless chicken but not sure if thats just the way he is or he is desperate to impress or most likely combination of the two.

With his size and pace he can definitely be a decent player and a threat, i think whoever our new coach is will determine whether Burke kicks on at the Albion, if its a Pulis or Allardyce type i would hand in a transfer request right away if i was him.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
When looking at Burke, you only have to look at Adama Traore.

Same sort of player, same criticisms were leveled at him, great pace but shocking touch and lack of end product. Look at him now after having played week in week out for a season or two.

Next season we have to build an attack around this lads pace.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2018, 05:54:57 PM »
I think this 'headless chicken' and poor touch stuff comes from him wanting to be a real handful to the opposition. Slight over eagerness maybe but we shouldn't want him to slow it down and be safety first all the time.
Really would be good to see a lot more of him next season, let him settle into the team a bit more. He'll give a few defences some headaches.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2018, 05:56:32 PM »
Hopefully Burke will be the man next year, his performances for Forest were phenomenal.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »
I look forward to watching him rip a good few defenders brand new idiots
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2018, 09:17:23 PM »
Oliver Burke under Dean Smith is a frightening prospect

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2018, 10:49:23 PM »
You look at someone like Jacob Murphy and perhaps a season in The Championship and playing consistently (if he deserves too) will do him the world of good. Playing week in, week out and displaying form will be the key issue and then hopefully continuing it for us.

Murphy moved to a new club and didn't have any consistency in that respect, Burke has a massive opportunity in that respect with us. To stake a claim for a regular spot in a side that will be one of, if not the, favourite to go up.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2018, 05:51:45 PM »
Didn't realise he had gone to the Toulon  Tournament with Scotland, captain of the side today, drawing 1-1 with Togo

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2018, 07:19:04 PM »
Didn't realise he had gone to the Toulon  Tournament with Scotland, captain of the side today, drawing 1-1 with Togo

I watched the game, didn't do much to be honest. Against such limited opposition I'd have expected him to have had more impact, especially if he is going to be a big player for us next season.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2018, 06:40:03 AM »
I'm worried about this kid, comes with a big reputation, heavy transfer fee and loads of potential.
All that said I've seen nothing on the pitch to suggest that he's going to be a top player.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2018, 07:58:08 AM »
Biggest waste of money since David Mills for all you old timers

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2018, 08:22:46 AM »
He just needs to play week in week out for a while and I think there's a raw but powerful player in there who could scare the life out of defences in the championship if allowed a more free role to express himself than Pulis or Pardew allowed him.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2018, 09:58:02 AM »
Biggest waste of money since David Mills for all you old timers
He's not that bad, and has potential at least. Remember Mills became the record English transfer when he joined us.
I and many others thought he was the final piece. How bitterly disappointed we were.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »
I'm worried about this kid, comes with a big reputation, heavy transfer fee and loads of potential.
All that said I've seen nothing on the pitch to suggest that he's going to be a top player.
You can't reasonably come to ANY conclusion yet. He only made 2 starts in the league last year and a dozen or so brief cameos, not nearly enough to judge him on. Plus he has only just turned 21, so has virtually his whole professional career ahead of him. Some fans are far too quick to dismiss our younger players. As far as Oliver Burke goes, I suggest this time next year will give us a better idea of how good a player he is going to be, and this time in three years will tell us how good a player he has actually become.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2018, 07:42:42 PM »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.