Author Topic: Yuning Zhang - Signed  (Read 44385 times)

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Yuning Zhang - Signed
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2017, 07:51:01 AM »
In addition to Werder Bremen, his time at Vitesse means he'll have spent 5 years in European leagues, which I believe has an effect on his ability to get a work permit. plus he'll meet that % rather handily.

If the club didn't see an effective strategy here, why bother?
In 2 years we will (may  ???) have left the EU, so who knows what will impact his work permit?

However, as (I assume) we will remain part of Uefa I expect their rules on nationality in competitions will also  apply (until challenged ::))
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2017, 07:59:34 AM »
£9m  I've not seen a fee?

it was reported (but not confirmed) at the time that we might have signed him for around 9M Euros (not pounds as people keep saying). I did read somewhere that the fee was significantly lower than 9 million Euros, but can't remember where I read it.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2017, 10:42:34 AM »
Scored again yesterday for Bremen against West Ham. 2 goals in pre season for him now, how many for Rondon?
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
Scored again yesterday for Bremen against West Ham. 2 goals in pre season for him now, how many for Rondon?

Leave it at that and besides which work permit issues mean we don't even have the choice.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2017, 11:19:02 AM »
Well at least he knows where the net is.
the regime don't like it man

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2017, 11:38:25 AM »
it was reported (but not confirmed) at the time that we might have signed him for around 9M Euros (not pounds as people keep saying). I did read somewhere that the fee was significantly lower than 9 million Euros, but can't remember where I read it.

I thought I read £4million somewhere.
Baggie in Southampton

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »
I thought I read £4million somewhere.

That sounds a lot more realistic to me than 9m £s or Euros!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2017, 02:17:55 PM »
Scored the equaliser and what turned out to be the aggregate winner v West Ham

Lets hope he does well in the Bundesliga for us to bring him over

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2017, 02:26:09 PM »
Scored the equaliser and what turned out to be the aggregate winner v West Ham

Lets hope he does well in the Bundesliga for us to bring him over

We can't get a work permit for him until China rise up the FIFA rankings

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:48 PM »
We can't get a work permit for him until China rise up the FIFA rankings
Apparently there's another way he could get back here without China climbing the rankings.
this article explains it.
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/896056813?-11200:789:0

West Bromwich Albion will be able to recall Zhang Yuning from his loan at Werder Bremen after just one season - but only if he enjoys an outstanding campaign in Germany.

The Chinese striker was immediately loaned to Bremen after signing for the Baggies earlier this summer for an undisclosed fee believed to be €9 million (£7.9 million).
The loan is for two years, yet Albion could be in a position to recall Zhang after less than 12 months.

Zhang does not currently qualify for a UK work permit given the restrictions that exist concerning players whose nations lie outside the top 50 in Fifa's world rankings.

China, whom Zhang has represented on nine occasions, are 77th in the rankings and unlikely to break into the top 50 in the immediate future.

But the 20-year-old could still earn enough performance points to acquire a UK work permit next summer and facilitate an early recall to the Hawthorns.

To do so, he will need to exceed all expectations for appearances and goals in the Bundesliga, considered one of the most competitive leagues in world football.

"The situation is very, very good for us, that we have Chinese owners and we can get an exciting young Chinese player brought into the club," Baggies boss Tony Pulis said.

"Now he’s got two years in Germany to prove it to himself, to prove it to us when we watch him.

"Hopefully he will reach that standard, then we can bring him back to England in a year if he does exceptionally well this year.

"Then China will have a centre forward playing in the Premier League which will be brilliant."

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2017, 06:11:44 PM »

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
Very nice, difficult technique.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2018, 12:58:10 PM »
Almost forgot about this guy... Seems he's not doing so well at Werder Bremen with them keen to ship him over to us - pending the work permit.

http://www.scmp.com/sport/china/article/2144140/nothing-play-chinas-zhang-yuning-still-cant-get-game-werder-bremen

"With nothing to play for China’s Zhang Yuning still can’t get a game at Werder Bremen
Striker fails to get off the bench for loan club and might only have bizarre interview to show for a season in the German Bundesliga

Chinese football fans’ hopes that national team striker Zhang Yuning would get a first appearance of the season for German Bundesliga side Werder Bremer were dashed.

The West Bromwich Albion loanee was an unused substitute in the German league game against Borussia Dortmund.

The 21-year-old’s time at the Weserstadion has not been particularly productive so far and the Dortmund game was the first time he even made the bench this season. Manager Florian Kohfeldt confirmed that Zhang would be in the matchday squad ahead of the game, but only made two of his three substitutions.

Werder are 12th in the table and the belief was that with the club safe from relegation, Zhang would have been afforded some playing time on Monday night.

A number of injury problems and call-ups to the national team have not helped his cause but it is fair to say that his development has stalled in Bremen after regular playing time in the Dutch Eredivisie last season."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/werder-bremen-chief-admits-yuning-zhang-returning-to-west-brom-4231119

"Werder Bremen chief Frank Baumann admits they're likely to send Yuning Zhang back to West Brom at the end of the season.

The 21 year-old Chinese striker signed for Werder on a two-year loan last summer, but has managed just one senior appearance.

Baumann said: "Yuning wants to play in order to develop further. It's frustrating not to spend a year playing at all.

"I think he is also looking for other options."

Further frustrating for all parties have been delays over Yuning's registration to play for Werder's U23 team.

Baumann added: "By the end of June, we will be clear on Yuning's permission to play. That's the latest time."
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2018, 01:15:26 PM »
I am being thick here but why would he be on subs bench if he hasn't got a permit to play yet.
Further why would it be so surprising that he hasn't been played at all as he has no permit?

What am I missing?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
I am being thick here but why would he be on subs bench if he hasn't got a permit to play yet.
Further why would it be so surprising that he hasn't been played at all as he has no permit?

What am I missing?
he doesn’t qualify for a uk work permit but he does for a get an one so can be on the bench for werder
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
he doesn’t qualify for a uk work permit but he does for a get an one so can be on the bench for werder

Last line of the article says

Baumann added: "By the end of June, we will be clear on Yuning's permission to play. That's the latest time."

This is whats confusing me.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2018, 01:23:24 PM »

What am I missing?

He was unable to obtain a permit for the UK so we shipped him off to Werder as he was able to obtain a permit to be in Germany. Given that he has now played for his national team several times, his eligibility for a permit in the UK should now have improved, though if he wasn't able to get into Werder's team; even on the bench for most of the season; then it probably doesn't bode well for him doing the job for us...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 01:25:43 PM by Dan87uk »

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2018, 01:24:33 PM »
Last line of the article says

This is whats confusing me.

Looking at the article that appears to be something to do with them not being able to register him for the U23 team for some reason (but still ok for the first team) - don't know the details on that though!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: May 25, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »
Looking at the article that appears to be something to do with them not being able to register him for the U23 team for some reason (but still ok for the first team) - don't know the details on that though!

I imagine the German league has a different way of registering players for their under 23 teams, perhaps needed to be registered earlier in the season? I’m not an expert but that interview looks like it’s only about the under 23 registration.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2018, 06:27:41 PM »
Does it not have something to do with EU immigration requirements?

He must be in an EU Country for "x" years before obtaining Residency and /or Citizenship, and then become, therefore, an EU resident / citizen before he is able to move anywhere in the EU? 
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2018, 01:40:17 AM »
Is this lad any good or like most of the recruitment of recent Windows is he meh

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
I follow the Bundesliga pretty closely, but there has been zero news about this guy since he moved to Werder. Not even any discussion why he hasn't been on the bench.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2018, 01:58:30 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/942525506?-11200:789
‘Released’ by Werder back to us ...

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2018, 02:10:18 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/942525506?-11200:789