Author Topic: Tony Adams  (Read 2228 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Tony Adams
« on: May 20, 2017, 12:28:33 PM »
So Adams claims Arsene Wenger couldnt coach his way out of a paper bag!. So what has he done as a coach?. Stabbed him in the back just to sell his book.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Tony Adams
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:37:09 PM »
Jethro Tull had an album out years ago called 'Thick as a Brick'
Jethro (Ian actually) must have had terrific foresight to write an album named after Tone
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:32:51 PM »
Whenever I see Tony Adams talk on TV or hear him on the radio he comes across as some kind of demented maniac.

I always end up with a mental image of him standing over a twitching corpse holding an axe with blood dripping off the end.

The man looks totally fkn batshit crazy to me.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »
Whenever I see Tony Adams talk on TV or hear him on the radio he comes across as some kind of demented maniac.

I always end up with a mental image of him standing over a twitching corpse holding an axe with blood dripping off the end.

The man looks totally fkn batshit crazy to me.
He's been an alcoholic since he was a player and as you say he clearly comes across as a bit dumb. So it's no surprise to see his moronic comments about one of the greatest ever Premier League managers ever. I think he also seems bitter that Wenger didn't give him a coaching role in the past which seems like a good decision on Wenger's part.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Lets not forget these comments are from his new book, in order to sell it he has to put something controversial in there.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
I think Adams was overrated as a player as well as never having cut it as a manager. As a player, he was at his best playing against traditional long ball teams pumping lots of high balls into the box. At that time, that is how most British teams played, but he got badly found out against teams that played in behind him along the ground. I remember him getting turned inside out by Marco van Basten and Gullit. As a manager at Wycombe Wanderers his football was dreadful to watch, and his quote that his favourite score was 1-0, but he didn't get results either , and so he didn't last long. I do wish him well though in fighting alcoholism.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 02:43:17 PM »
I think Adams was overrated as a player as well as never having cut it as a manager. As a player, he was at his best playing against traditional long ball teams pumping lots of high balls into the box. At that time, that is how most British teams played, but he got badly found out against teams that played in behind him along the ground. I remember him getting turned inside out by Marco van Basten and Gullit. As a manager at Wycombe Wanderers his football was dreadful to watch, and his quote that his favourite score was 1-0, but he didn't get results either , and so he didn't last long. I do wish him well though in fighting alcoholism.   

I thought he was a terrific player, and there's no disgrace in being turned inside out by those two. A  lot of defenders were.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'