Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 430577 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2017, 12:44:14 PM »
What's going on is that they are all bored to tears of the manager and his style. And when people don't enjoy their work they look for a better job
In a nut shell.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2017, 12:45:34 PM »
It's significant that Evans has not signed the £100k a week deal we are supposed to have offered him
supposedly offered him...

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2017, 01:29:02 PM »
I think if Everton come in, the money he is on wont matter as he is never going to have a poor wage, he will go?

If its just Leicester then it might be a decision on ambition, they match our valuation, I think he will go?

Johnnie Evans is our best player, he is a winner and with the amount of rumours I think its being driven by his agent and if we don't match his ambition he will look for it elsewhere. Fletch was a big factor in him coming and his mates rush to get out of the Hawthorns tells you a lot about what they were promised and what they have seen.         

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »
If Everton make an offer for Evans, I think we should do exactly what they do. Work out his true value, and multiply the figure by 3. They always over inflate the value of the players they sell. Talking about £80 million now for Lukaku, not to forget £6 million for Anichebe. They've just bought the Ajax captain Klaasen for £23.6 million. Bet you if they sell him next year it will be for at least £60 million.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #704 on: June 26, 2017, 10:44:23 AM »
If we were to give Evans 100k per week, is this a way of making it 'easier' to offer bigger wages to prospective signings  e.g. Carvalho or similar level signings ? i.e. a new player wouldn't come straight in on more money than our current best player.

You are only allowed to increase your wage budget by £7m each season for STCC (Short Term Cost Control) in financial fair play so I doubt it would help too much to be honest, this rule is the one that will help kill us at this level. We've been fortunate enough to get some earners off our books to give us some wriggle room but let face it £100k-a-week for Evans takes some of that back up. This rule is the reason Arsenal look like they have to sell a couple of players to cover the cost of new contracts for Ozil and Sanchez.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2017, 05:00:27 PM »
Everton come in his gone they seem to be going places and we ain't can't blame Evans
Everton are flattering to deceive I feel. They'll be no better than they have always been. Especially without Lukaku (see post Bale Tottenham)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2017, 05:26:05 PM »
Everton are flattering to deceive I feel. They'll be no better than they have always been. Especially without Lukaku (see post Bale Tottenham)

There's no comparison between them and us, financially they are giants - they have Koeman, Bolaise, Schneiderlin, Lukaku and it would be a no brainer for Evans to want a move there if they offered.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »
You are only allowed to increase your wage budget by £7m each season for STCC (Short Term Cost Control) in financial fair play so I doubt it would help too much to be honest, this rule is the one that will help kill us at this level. We've been fortunate enough to get some earners off our books to give us some wriggle room but let face it £100k-a-week for Evans takes some of that back up. This rule is the reason Arsenal look like they have to sell a couple of players to cover the cost of new contracts for Ozil and Sanchez.

Really I'm sure Man U with their 2 star signings would have pushed them well over and c. Palace  no other club talk about ffp except our fans !!
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2017, 07:02:13 PM »
There's no comparison between them and us, financially they are giants - they have Koeman, Bolaise, Schneiderlin, Lukaku and it would be a no brainer for Evans to want a move there if they offered.
Agreed, they also have new stadium plans, European football and a wealthy backer. To keep Koeman they'll be spending more. It would be a big draw for Evans.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #709 on: June 26, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
I don't think he'll be leaving, only clubs he could go to that would be enough of a step up to warrant moving are Everton and maybe Arsenal (if they panic). Neither would be willing to pay the £20-30m we'd demand for a 29 year old. Also can't see Sevilla/Valencia coming in so doubt he'll leave for Spain just yet.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #710 on: June 28, 2017, 10:08:00 AM »
Really I'm sure Man U with their 2 star signings would have pushed them well over and c. Palace  no other club talk about ffp except our fans !!

Manchester United have huge income streams that we just don't have so can use that to increase their by much more than we can. Last I saw Palace had a wage bill was at least £10m a year less than ours so again have more room to do deals than we do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:09:50 AM by B_H_Baggie »

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #711 on: June 28, 2017, 10:36:41 AM »
In letting Jonas and Fletcher go we have freed up just over 100k a week in wages to be put back into the team.

add in Gardner's wages as well which was somewhere between 20-30k that is a good chunk of extra cash we have to use

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #712 on: June 28, 2017, 08:12:34 PM »

Albertbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #713 on: June 28, 2017, 09:35:28 PM »
Written by James Nursey  ::)
Maybe I'm being  naive but sure I saw an interview on Sky Sports, even after Darren Fletcher's departure, saying he was happy here

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #714 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:33 AM »
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #715 on: June 29, 2017, 08:27:58 AM »
I know its only the Mirror but this is not good news

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-facing-battle-keep-10705386

All the info in that story is about 2 weeks old. If it was in The Telegraph I'd be more concerned.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #716 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »
Someone is leaking prob his agent, Leicester wouldn't have made a bid without talking to his agent first to see if he would join.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #717 on: June 29, 2017, 01:48:12 PM »
this from todays Brummie mail...again a story that doesn't really say anything that we didn't already know.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jonny-evans-what-future-holds-13256000

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #718 on: June 29, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
this from todays Brummie mail...again a story that doesn't really say anything that we didn't already know.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/jonny-evans-what-future-holds-13256000

Standard of reporting is getting worse by the day. Doesn't help that it's part of the Mirror.

Adverts everywhere make it very difficult to read articles.
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #719 on: June 29, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »
Im very worried about losing Evans, dont think it will be to Leicester though

I really hope he stays he is a class player

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #720 on: June 29, 2017, 04:38:12 PM »
Reported in the Mirror ( I know  ;D) he's considering his future after seeing Fletcher leave and Leicester renew their interest.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
Everton in advanced talks with Michael Keane from Burnley - which probably means Evans won't go there :)
I imagine Leicester will bid £15 million, get rejected and that will be that.

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #722 on: June 29, 2017, 06:08:54 PM »
Albion held on to Saido until they were ready to part ways, I don't see this being any different. It'll take 20 mil or more for Evans to move on.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #723 on: June 30, 2017, 12:00:50 AM »
Johnny Evans is a top quality defender. He was a coup of a signing. I'd love to keep a hold of him but in true Albion style we will get as much as we can for him.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #724 on: July 18, 2017, 09:42:40 AM »
Going nowhere this season,Pulis has installed him as captain,phew.