Author Topic: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester  (Read 425574 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Official: Jonny Evans joins Leicester
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
My mate is a United fan, and he's laughing his backside off.

Not only have we taken Darren Fletcher off them, now we're going to pay actual money for Evans.

They are two of the worst players United have had over the last few years, and they've had some duff ones. It's easy to look good when you have world class players around you, and Evans couldn't even manage that.

I remember the 5-5 draw a few years back - any time Lukaku ran at him, he rubbish himself.
How fans of the same football clubs have different views.

A Man Utd fan I was talking to today says he will be a great signing for us. 
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:49 PM »
my mates a villa fan and took the right p155 out of me when we signed Lukaku

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 09:42:50 PM »
my mates a villa fan and took the right p155 out of me when we signed Lukaku
No surprise there then  ;D

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 09:49:31 PM »
I dont know who I would rather have Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Bebe, or Darren fletcher????

None of the above.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 09:50:04 PM »
Yet somehow he played nearly 200 games for Yanited and won a barrow load of medals !

As I said, it's easy to look good when there are world class players around you.

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 09:50:23 PM »
Dont forget someone who is considered 'rubbish' for United could easily be good enough for us. Similarly Berahino is comfortably our best player but wouldnt get in Utds best 11, im sure most of there fans would be underwhelmed by him as a signing right now but that doesnt mean hes nit good enough for us. Just like how Lukaku was a monster for us but not worth a place in Chelseas 25 man squad.

Also I know 2 types of Utd fans. I've recently moved from Brighton to Manchester, and your 'proper' utd fan tend to be some of the most knowledgeable. The 'average' utd fan is an idiot who knows next to nothing and condiders pretty much everyone 'rubbish'

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 09:50:53 PM »
My mate is a united fan, says it all doesnt it.

Actually from Manchester.  :P

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
Dont forget someone who is considered 'rubbish' for United could easily be good enough for us. Similarly Berahino is comfortably our best player but wouldnt get in Utds best 11, im sure most of there fans would be underwhelmed by him as a signing right now but that doesnt mean hes nit good enough for us. Just like how Lukaku was a monster for us but not worth a place in Chelseas 25 man squad.

Also I know 2 types of Utd fans. I've recently moved from Brighton to Manchester, and your 'proper' utd fan tend to be some of the most knowledgeable. The 'average' utd fan is an idiot who knows next to nothing and condiders pretty much everyone 'rubbish'

Great point, well made.
Baggie in Southampton

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »
As I said, it's easy to look good when there are world class players around you.

True, but it's also easy to look average if you're a good player surrounded by world class players.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 09:55:22 PM »
There have been plenty of players over the years that have looked distinctly average if not down right rubbish for United and had excellent careers elsewhere. If I remember right he was fairly impressive in his loan spells at Sunderland when he was younger.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »

Not only have we taken Darren Fletcher off them, now we're going to pay actual money for Evans.

They are two of the worst players United have had over the last few years, and they've had some duff ones. It's easy to look good when you have world class players around you, and Evans couldn't even manage that.

I remember the 5-5 draw a few years back - any time Lukaku ran at him, he rubbish himself.

He has been brought up the right way, the Fergie way and would improve what we have already got.

He may not be a glamour signing (ala McAuley) but would more than likely give us value for money (ala McAuley).

I would trust the career records of both Fletcher and Evans over the opinion of yet another arrogant United supporter, who let's  face it, have been rather spoilt over the years?

We have never been in a position during the PL era to turn our noses up at Manchester United "rejects"...!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 10:16:30 PM »
He has been brought up the right way, the Fergie way and would improve what we have already got.

He may not be a glamour signing (ala McAuley) but would more than likely give us value for money (ala McAuley).

I would trust the career records of both Fletcher and Evans over the opinion of yet another arrogant United supporter, who let's  face it, have been rather spoilt over the years?

We have never been in a position during the PL era to turn our noses up at Manchester United "rejects"...!

First of all, there are more players who have been bought through the United system under Fergie and failed than have been a success. Robbie Savage? Keith Gillespie? And those are two of the better ones. Luke Steele anyone?

And I find it funny that a lot of you are making assumptions about my mate simply because he doesn't agree with you, and based on who he supports. He knows how good and how bad their players are, and the amount he watches them, I would back his opinion.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 10:19:51 PM »
I have a friend who's a United fan and reckons Evans was very good a couple of years ago but got injured and lost a bit of form since.
the regime don't like it man

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 10:23:41 PM »
First of all, there are more players who have been bought through the United system under Fergie and failed than have been a success. Robbie Savage? Keith Gillespie? And those are two of the better ones. Luke Steele anyone?

And I find it funny that a lot of you are making assumptions about my mate simply because he doesn't agree with you, and based on who he supports. He knows how good and how bad their players are, and the amount he watches them, I would back his opinion.

But how many times did Fergie play these 3, if Fergie did not rate you, you did not play or last long at man utd

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 10:25:36 PM »
I heard a figure of £12 million mentioned by United in the media today. I would resent contributing to his fee through my money on the turnstiles, even if it was half that amount. My last memory of seeing him on tv was when he was highlighted in a defensive blunder.
Anyway, I think everyone is surrounded by hype at Man U. And for all their arrogance,  they never managed to beat little WBA last season.

But my main point is, is he much better than Lescott, Olsson, McCauley and Dawson?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 10:26:27 PM »

Evans didn't cost United anything and they paid 20 mill for Phil Jones, Jones is no better. There have been way worse players for Utd than Evans.
Veron for 28 mill, Diego Forlan and Anderson were great too...

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:36 PM »
But how many times did Fergie play these 3, if Fergie did not rate you, you did not play or last long at man utd

But they were all 'bought up the right way'. So obviously every player left United and went on to great success, simply because they had that superior breeding.

Chris Casper
John O'Kane
Ben Thornley
Terry Cooke

All 'bought up the right way'. Doesn't mean they were good enough.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 10:29:27 PM »
Evans didn't cost United anything and they paid 20 mill for Phil Jones, Jones is no better. There have been way worse players for Utd than Evans.
Veron for 28 mill, Diego Forlan and Anderson were great too...

Look at Veron and Forlan's records outside this country; top class. I think their lack of success in this country speaks more for our game than it does for their ability.

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
But they were all 'bought up the right way'. So obviously every player left United and went on to great success, simply because they had that superior breeding.

Chris Casper
John O'Kane
Ben Thornley
Terry Cooke

All 'bought up the right way'. Doesn't mean they were good enough.

I agree, but Evans would not of played if not good enough

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 10:43:14 PM »

But Fletcher and Evans made about 200 appearances between them under Fergie who did not suffer fools gladly?

If it's all the same to you I think I'll back his opinion over your unarrogant mate who would not expect any payment for a 27 year old defender who has played Premier League and International football for a number of years now...
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Cleobury_WBA

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2015, 11:00:03 PM »
Jonny Evans for £5m would be a brilliant signing. Better than Fazio IMO. Also, with GMac & Brunty, gives us a NI defence!

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2015, 11:02:28 PM »
Phil Neville went to Everton and had an excellent second half to his career.

Would welcome the same of Evans at WBA.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

stokelad84

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2015, 11:14:48 PM »
Ferguson had a choice of Jonny Evans, Gerard Pique and Ryan Shawcross, Evans was the man chosen to stay at the club for the long term .

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2015, 11:19:12 PM »
Look at Veron and Forlan's records outside this country; top class. I think their lack of success in this country speaks more for our game than it does for their ability.

The question was about evans being a terrible player for Utd. Veron and Forlan etc. were way worse for Utd.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2015, 11:20:28 PM »
Ferguson had a choice of Jonny Evans, Gerard Pique and Ryan Shawcross, Evans was the man chosen to stay at the club for the long term .

Blimey, maybe he WAS clueless after all  :-X