Author Topic: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ  (Read 278988 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ
« Reply #450 on: August 15, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
Stolen from another site but wondered if anyone on here can elaborate on it?

Anyone heard any more about this? Hearing that club has selected a group of fans to have dialogue with the chairman. I know Dean Walton is on there and the bloke mark white house who wrote the book about albion hooligans. So if this is the case what is the score with the assembly? Seems to me the club want to wind it down and have their own elite by-selection only group of fans. I see mark whitehouse has already said we will be signing more players this week.
So I ask again what is this group and how are they affiliated with the assembly. And if they are not part of the assembly then who are they and what is the secrecy about?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2017, 09:13:05 AM »
Stolen from another site but wondered if anyone on here can elaborate on it?

Anyone heard any more about this? Hearing that club has selected a group of fans to have dialogue with the chairman. I know Dean Walton is on there and the bloke mark white house who wrote the book about albion hooligans. So if this is the case what is the score with the assembly? Seems to me the club want to wind it down and have their own elite by-selection only group of fans. I see mark whitehouse has already said we will be signing more players this week.
So I ask again what is this group and how are they affiliated with the assembly. And if they are not part of the assembly then who are they and what is the secrecy about?

This meeting happened last year as well, it just an invite for fans, some on the Assembly some not, to have a chat with the Chairman before a game, nothing sinister to it. The Assembly meeting will still go ahead in September.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

daz_mansell

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #452 on: August 21, 2017, 07:56:42 PM »
Anyone got a direct contact for the Assembly please?  Being by 'the club' told that 'new rules' means we can't collect outside before the Stoke game for little Tommy. Inside only. Terrible PR again from the Albion.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #453 on: August 21, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »
Anyone got a direct contact for the Assembly please?  Being by 'the club' told that 'new rules' means we can't collect outside before the Stoke game for little Tommy. Inside only. Terrible PR again from the Albion.
that sounds like a WM Police rule, unless you care to be more specific? would be a huge target if you congregated outside.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #454 on: August 21, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »
that sounds like a WM Police rule, unless you care to be more specific? would be a huge target if you congregated outside.

Hardly a "target".

Bound to be the club - there was something similar with Jeff Astle if I remember correctly.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #455 on: August 21, 2017, 08:33:08 PM »
I believe you need a permit from the council to collect outside the ground as far as I'm aware? Probably why they ask for only inside the ground.

http://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/guidance/fundraising-disciplines/community-and-volunteer-fundraising/charitable-collections/

A quick search of charity collection outside football grounds brings a number of football clubs also stating this, so it's not just us being difficult 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 08:35:45 PM by TheBrom »

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #456 on: August 21, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »

Why is abiding by the "Rules" terrible PR from the club?

Regardless of whether I think it is a Good or Bad rule, why is it that whenever someone doesn't like something, they have to get suddenly offended and slate the Club?
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #457 on: August 21, 2017, 09:29:20 PM »
Why is abiding by the "Rules" terrible PR from the club?

Regardless of whether I think it is a Good or Bad rule, why is it that whenever someone doesn't like something, they have to get suddenly offended and slate the Club?
Can you update your target beneath your posts please, many thanks
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #458 on: August 21, 2017, 10:22:18 PM »
Can you update your target beneath your posts please, many thanks

In what way would you like :)
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #459 on: August 22, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
In what way would you like :)

by my reckoning we need another 34points, split between wins / draws is your prerogative ,
I would think the lads could go for 11 wins and a draw, feet up for xmas!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #460 on: August 22, 2017, 01:07:11 PM »
Hardly a "target".

Bound to be the club - there was something similar with Jeff Astle if I remember correctly.

It isn't the club. The club has to give permission to raise funds on their property - which they have by allowing money to be raised inside the ground. Outside the ground is subject to approval of other parties, including the police. I've seen people trying to raise money for some completely unrelated cause moved on from outside the ground because they don't have approval.

The club was blamed for the hassle that occured during the Jeff Astle Foundation collections when those involved went against the pre-arranged rule surrounding them being there. Part of the reason they limit / set out collection areas beforehand is to prevent someone coming along with a bucket and conning people pretending to be raising money when they aren't. If the charity involved sticks to the areas they've set out then should anyone be collecting elsewhere they can be checked. I seem to remember it being brought up during a shareholder meeting explaining why these measures were in place and mostly the clubs hands were tied and the measures the club took that were deemed 'bad PR' were in the most part to protect the integrity of the collection.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #461 on: August 22, 2017, 03:34:36 PM »
It isn't the club. The club has to give permission to raise funds on their property - which they have by allowing money to be raised inside the ground. Outside the ground is subject to approval of other parties, including the police. I've seen people trying to raise money for some completely unrelated cause moved on from outside the ground because they don't have approval.

The club was blamed for the hassle that occured during the Jeff Astle Foundation collections when those involved went against the pre-arranged rule surrounding them being there. Part of the reason they limit / set out collection areas beforehand is to prevent someone coming along with a bucket and conning people pretending to be raising money when they aren't. If the charity involved sticks to the areas they've set out then should anyone be collecting elsewhere they can be checked. I seem to remember it being brought up during a shareholder meeting explaining why these measures were in place and mostly the clubs hands were tied and the measures the club took that were deemed 'bad PR' were in the most part to protect the integrity of the collection.

Exactly this, you need a permit from the council to collect outside the ground. As mentioned if you Google collecting money for charity outside football ground, it shows that every club advise this not just west brom

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #462 on: August 24, 2017, 12:58:32 PM »
Has the subject of loyalty points being dished out to official coach users been raised by the assembly?  Doesn't seem very fair to me.
"This crack is really moreish."

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #463 on: August 24, 2017, 01:33:48 PM »
Has the subject of loyalty points being dished out to official coach users been raised by the assembly?  Doesn't seem very fair to me.
No doubt it will be bought up at the next meeting.

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #464 on: August 24, 2017, 01:51:39 PM »
Has the subject of the obscene amount of loyalty points being dished out to season ticket holders been brought up?
  • How are they more "loyal" than someone who buys an individual ticket for every game
  • They pay less than someone who buys an individual ticket for every game
  • If it's unfair to get loyalty points for using the clubs coaches then surely this is even more unfair

By the way i'm saying this in the spirit of fairness as a season ticket holder who doesn't use the coaches

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #465 on: August 24, 2017, 02:14:39 PM »
Has the subject of the obscene amount of loyalty points being dished out to season ticket holders been brought up?
  • How are they more "loyal" than someone who buys an individual ticket for every game
  • They pay less than someone who buys an individual ticket for every game
  • If it's unfair to get loyalty points for using the clubs coaches then surely this is even more unfair

By the way i'm saying this in the spirit of fairness as a season ticket holder who doesn't use the coaches

would anyone actually do this? If so they must have more money than sense, surely if you knew you were going to go to all our games or the vast majority you'd buy a season ticket so you could make the savings?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #466 on: August 24, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »
would anyone actually do this? If so they must have more money than sense, surely if you knew you were going to go to all our games or the vast majority you'd buy a season ticket so you could make the savings?

In fairness I used to do all matches on a game by game basis.

Worked some really odd shifts and periods of over time etc.

Finally thought sod it and committed as I was missing so few, but it was only after a while.

Used to like moving around a bit too and it wasn't as easy to shift around as it is now.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #467 on: August 24, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
In fairness I used to do all matches on a game by game basis.

Worked some really odd shifts and periods of over time etc.

Finally thought sod it and committed as I was missing so few, but it was only after a while.

Used to like moving around a bit too and it wasn't as easy to shift around as it is now.

fair enough.

so my point about more money than sense stands then :D

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #468 on: August 24, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »
There are plenty of people that can't afford £380+ in one hit and cant, or don't want to, take out credit.

A proper fair way to do loyalty points would be to award 1 point for every pound spent with the club. I'd include all spending, coaches, club shop, snack kiosks etc

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #469 on: August 24, 2017, 02:31:26 PM »
fair enough.

so my point about more money than sense stands then :D

Nope.

The point being at the start of each season for about three years, if shifts and over time had worked out differently I could have ended up going to as few as five or six games at the most.

I simply couldn't commit that much cash up front and I was absolutely fkd if I was forking out on a season ticket for five or six games, even though I ended up at nearly all of them during those seasons.

Thought sod it in the end and splashed out.

I suppose I could have always taken up gardening or something instead.

Cheaper, less hassle and a healthier life style choice.

I'd have been bored sh itless though  ;D  ;) .

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #470 on: August 24, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »
There are plenty of people that can't afford £380+ in one hit and cant, or don't want to, take out credit.

A proper fair way to do loyalty points would be to award 1 point for every pound spent with the club. I'd include all spending, coaches, club shop, snack kiosks etc
So if I go to as many games as you,  home and away but don't spend as much as you in the club shop or snack kiosks you would get more points than me. How's that fair.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #471 on: August 24, 2017, 02:35:36 PM »

They could get a S/T and pay by direct debit. Since most people get paid on a monthly basis they would have to save each games money in advance anyway so why not save less and pay the direct debit with it?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #472 on: August 24, 2017, 02:40:24 PM »
Nope.

The point being at the start of each season for about three years, if shifts and over time had worked out differently I could have ended up going to as few as five or six games at the most.

I simply couldn't commit that much cash up front and I was absolutely fkd if I was forking out on a season ticket for five or six games, even though I ended up at nearly all of them during those seasons.

Thought sod it in the end and splashed out.

I suppose I could have always taken up gardening or something instead.

Cheaper, less hassle and a healthier life style choice.

I'd have been bored sh itless though  ;D  ;) .

sorry Dan it meant as a joke.

I might have misread but what you seem to be saying is that at the start of a season you didn't know that you could attend every game due to your shift patterns/overtime (even though that ended up being the case) but once you did you bought a season ticket?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2017, 02:43:29 PM »

I guarantee without a shadow of a doubt that if that ever came into effect I'd walk away from football and never look back.

A walking cardiac case who's stuffed half the catering kiosk down his/her neck, bought two seats because they can't fit onto one and the same for coach seats would be the club's ideal in such a scenario.

I don't even buy the shirt yet travel home and away for every game, but by this logic I could potentially be seen as less loyal by the club than someone who goes to half the games but has a desire to own half of the club shop providing it comes in XXXXL.

Loyalty built on wealth, appetite and a love of merchandise over attendance?

I don't think so chap..........
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 02:47:37 PM by SmethDan »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #474 on: August 24, 2017, 02:45:37 PM »
sorry Dan it meant as a joke.

I might have misread but what you seem to be saying is that at the start of a season you didn't know that you could attend every game due to your shift patterns/overtime (even though that ended up being the case) but once you did you bought a season ticket?

No offence taken and yes.