Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447670 times)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1700 on: June 01, 2018, 11:43:34 AM »
Its time for him to be let go I feel.....we wont get anything decent out of him again

He could be a great player for us next season but i have no faith that he wont get injured again
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1701 on: June 01, 2018, 12:13:06 PM »
We do have a 1yr option but if we do that, we probably don't bring a replacement in. Then if Mozza gets injured again...groundhog day/season.
Dunno, Moore has spoken highly of Morrison recently (that he'd like to have him here) and we have also been linked with a move for the attacking midfielder from Fleetwood (which may be an unfounded rumour) but as goals were a major problem last season I would be amazed if we didn't target another AM even if Morrison stays.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1702 on: June 01, 2018, 12:16:00 PM »
We do have a 1yr option but if we do that, we probably don't bring a replacement in. Then if Mozza gets injured again...groundhog day/season.

The flip side of the coin is he is fit, plays most of the season for a rival and is still quality. Let's face it have already invested loads of time and effort in his rehab and recovery and if he is now going to be okay to play then it would be a big mistake to let him go. It all comes down to the medical position.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1703 on: June 01, 2018, 12:42:31 PM »
Yes it does,and mark gillett  has just resigned,he's our club doc! A really top guy in his field.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1704 on: June 01, 2018, 01:39:43 PM »
The flip side of the coin is he is fit, plays most of the season for a rival and is still quality. Let's face it have already invested loads of time and effort in his rehab and recovery and if he is now going to be okay to play then it would be a big mistake to let him go. It all comes down to the medical position.
Thing is it's not just one injury he's had....he's had lengthy hamstring layoffs as well, amongst other things.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1706 on: June 04, 2018, 09:51:40 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/06/04/james-morrison-future-at-west-brom-hinges-on-his-fitness/

A sensible approach before offering a contract extension to an aging player who has had injury problems over the last couple of years.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1707 on: June 04, 2018, 11:40:30 AM »
Mozza and Brunt are the best signings Mowbray made, or any other manager in the last 20 years. In a greedy world they have been great servants and ambassadors for our club.
They deserve respect from fans for their loyalty and exemplary behaviour, not too old/injured all the time, get rid attitude.
If we are talking about creating an Albion dynasty then these pair should be part of it.
Both would easily make my all time Albion greats.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1708 on: June 04, 2018, 01:23:19 PM »
Morrison is only here because Middlesbrough wouldn’t match his new offer we gave him. He’s loyal to the Pound note not Albion. I don’t blame them but let’s keep it real, he loves Albion that much he only stayed because we paid more and apparently it was dream to return to Boro just not enough to take a slight pay cut.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1709 on: June 04, 2018, 03:38:07 PM »
Morrison is only here because Middlesbrough wouldn’t match his new offer we gave him. He’s loyal to the Pound note not Albion. I don’t blame them but let’s keep it real, he loves Albion that much he only stayed because we paid more and apparently it was dream to return to Boro just not enough to take a slight pay cut.

Cynical...but true.

And it applies to most players.

To us, it’s a passion, an addiction, an itch you can never quite scratch. To the players, by and large, it’s just a job.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1710 on: June 04, 2018, 03:40:06 PM »

Football fans in general get caught up in this loyalty / wages debate as they can't understand it's a job. The only relevant question is can he play? If he's fit or on the mend then we should keep him. Otherwise if he's got the same recurring injury with no sign of a fix then it's probably time to say goodbye.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1711 on: June 04, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »
"James Morrison opens door for January Celtic move and admits he'd have considered it last month - if he'd known of interest"

We love them and think they are like the Brown's, Astle's, Robertson's, Wile's, et al, but it's a different era and they are not. I give way on Brunt, who is a Brown. Astle, Robertson and Wile, but he is unique in the modern era IMHO.

Source: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/james-morrison-opens-door-january-8774433
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1712 on: June 04, 2018, 07:21:38 PM »
"James Morrison opens door for January Celtic move and admits he'd have considered it last month - if he'd known of interest"

We love them and think they are like the Brown's, Astle's, Robertson's, Wile's, et al, but it's a different era and they are not. I give way on Brunt, who is a Brown. Astle, Robertson and Wile, but he is unique in the modern era IMHO.

Source: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/james-morrison-opens-door-january-8774433

Isn't this old news - dated 2016?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1713 on: June 04, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »

Isn't this old news - dated 2016?

Yes, but we were talking about loyalty
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1714 on: June 04, 2018, 07:51:04 PM »
Also, how do we know how true that is.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1715 on: June 04, 2018, 07:57:23 PM »
Also, how do we know how true that is.

How do we initially know what we hear, read or see in the media is true?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1716 on: June 05, 2018, 08:19:14 AM »
James time is up get rid
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1717 on: June 05, 2018, 08:21:47 AM »
How do we initially know what we hear, read or see in the media is true?

I think that's down to the individuals common sense and ability to distinguish between fact and fiction.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1718 on: June 05, 2018, 08:32:41 AM »
https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/06/04/james-morrison-future-at-west-brom-hinges-on-his-fitness/

Some interesting facts in here. Looks like Moore wants to keep providing that he proves his fitness and takes a big pay cut. Article says he is on 60k a week.

Also cities only Chadli and Rondon have 17 million release clauses. Rummors Livermoore off to palace for 10 million and Evans if off as well.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 08:38:25 AM by BoingFlyer »
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1719 on: June 05, 2018, 08:48:56 AM »
Right noises on Morrison for me. I like the lad, but we've wasted a good £3m on him in wages the past year.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1720 on: June 05, 2018, 09:00:24 AM »
he was injured
when fit he is a very reliable player and an asset to the team
he had berahino's number fairly early on (by lamping him)

we know him inside out so if there is a chance he can be strong and fit then we should take it. better than signing an unknown.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1721 on: June 05, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »
he was injured
when fit he is a very reliable player and an asset to the team
he had berahino's number fairly early on (by lamping him)

we know him inside out so if there is a chance he can be strong and fit then we should take it. better than signing an unknown.
Absolutely not true. Even when fit, for the last 3 or 4 seasons you never knew which Morrison was going to turn up from match to match. He was capable of the odd good performance, but for about 4 matches out of 5 he was virtually invisible. Anything but reliable.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1722 on: June 05, 2018, 09:55:06 AM »

At 32 and after such a lengthy lay off I would be looking to offer a deal linked to him remaining fit for the season, pay per play. Even if he is fully fit I can't see him being the player we remember.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1723 on: June 05, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »
Absolutely not true. Even when fit, for the last 3 or 4 seasons you never knew which Morrison was going to turn up from match to match. He was capable of the odd good performance, but for about 4 matches out of 5 he was virtually invisible. Anything but reliable.
Have to agree, he's anything but consistent. At times he is superb but, all too often, he is too lightweight and drifts in and out of games, or, at worst,is completely anonymous. Can't see this changing considering his age and injury record.
Been a great servant but, unless he has potential to join the coaching set up, I think we should move on.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1724 on: June 05, 2018, 12:50:24 PM »
It really is time to say thanks jimmy but no thanks,time for us to move on.