Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447669 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1650 on: January 06, 2018, 11:16:53 AM »
Another injury story. What is happening with our so called elite fitness department? Have they all jumped ship too?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1651 on: January 06, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »
Another injury story. What is happening with our so called elite fitness department? Have they all jumped ship too?

You can have the best fitness department in the world, but if you pile your resources into players who are made of poppadoms then what do you expect to happen?

Part of our transfer policy seems to be buying players who have had long term injury problems (Phillips, Rodriguez, Giles Barnes sticks in my head), because they are cheap.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1652 on: January 06, 2018, 11:42:14 AM »
You can have the best fitness department in the world, but if you pile your resources into players who are made of poppadoms then what do you expect to happen?

Part of our transfer policy seems to be buying players who have had long term injury problems (Phillips, Rodriguez, Giles Barnes sticks in my head), because they are cheap.

Just throwing it out there. We're always quick to praise, especially when we're linked with injury-prone players, that our fitness department will sort them out. Seems this hasn't been the case in recent times.

I'd argue that one of the main reasons we're struggling at the moment is because of our constant injuries. Whether that's to do with the actual treatment of player whilst they're injured or rushing them back when they aren't quite ready.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1653 on: January 06, 2018, 11:44:40 AM »
Just throwing it out there. We're always quick to praise, especially when we're linked with injury-prone players, that our fitness department will sort them out. Seems this hasn't been the case in recent times.

I'd argue that one of the main reasons we're struggling at the moment is because of our constant injuries. Whether that's to do with the actual treatment of player whilst they're injured or rushing them back when they aren't quite ready.

Fair point, think part of the problem is our squad is so weak that we are forced to rush people like Phillips back into the team.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1654 on: January 06, 2018, 12:42:09 PM »
Fair point, think part of the problem is our squad is so weak that we are forced to rush people like Phillips back into the team.

Totally agree, and we're all guilty of wanting players back as soon as possible.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1655 on: January 06, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »
I don't rate JM based on his form in recent years with his performances not being consistent enough and along with his injury woes we should have found a replacement 2 or 3 seasons ago. The fact that some cite how valuable he still is to us for me is a symptom of the malaise at our club.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1656 on: March 11, 2018, 03:23:29 PM »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1658 on: March 11, 2018, 05:02:59 PM »
For me it's bye-bye Jimmy
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1659 on: March 11, 2018, 05:52:26 PM »
For me it's bye-bye Jimmy

Yes he has been a great servant to the club but now is the time to bring younger, fitter players into the club. Am i right in saying he would have gone back to Middlesborough when they came back to the Prem but they would not pay the £70,000 a week he supposedly wanted?.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1660 on: March 11, 2018, 07:41:50 PM »
Yes he has been a great servant to the club but now is the time to bring younger, fitter players into the club. Am i right in saying he would have gone back to Middlesborough when they came back to the Prem but they would not pay the £70,000 a week he supposedly wanted?.
Not sure about the salary figure , but I believe he wanted to go there.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1661 on: March 12, 2018, 01:38:19 PM »
Great servant to the club but his days are gone. Needs a testimonial in the close season.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1662 on: March 13, 2018, 07:09:51 AM »
Club tried to get him fit in January with the hope of selling him ASAP in January to get his 65K per week wage off the bill. This season feels like the end of a era all this hard work over the past 7 or 8 years down the drain and to top it off we will be losing a second longest serving player. Great player and a top bloke but it's time to wish him well and separate ways.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1663 on: April 21, 2018, 08:19:23 AM »
cant see him getting a move due to his injury. I would keep him on a pay as you play deal he will easily be good enough for championship
O Albion we love you

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1664 on: May 29, 2018, 02:04:05 PM »
"James Morrison and the West Brom contract conundrum"

32 years old, injury prone, bye, bye James and thank you!!

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-morrison-west-brom-contract-14719391
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1665 on: May 29, 2018, 03:39:57 PM »
Personally if he can prove his fitness I'd keep him on a 12 month deal.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1666 on: May 29, 2018, 04:13:07 PM »
If he was happy to accept a pay as you play deal then i'd give him 12 months but after the past 2 years anything else would be risky

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1667 on: May 29, 2018, 05:13:56 PM »
is there any development on his and brunts testimonials?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1668 on: May 29, 2018, 05:17:42 PM »
I expect both Morrison and McAuley to be offered extensions.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1669 on: May 29, 2018, 05:23:07 PM »
I expect both Morrison and McAuley to be offered extensions.

Fully expect both to be given new deals also, do I agree with it based on the past 12 months from both players ? no I don't as neither have provided value for money

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1670 on: May 29, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »
Morrison had a decent few games about 4 years ago so in true Albion style let’s give him a new and improved contract. Hanging onto players to long is something we do very well and what’s helped us get into this mess.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1671 on: May 29, 2018, 06:28:20 PM »
32 now coming off the back of a long term injury. I'd wish him the best of luck and thank him for his service and say goodbye.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1672 on: May 29, 2018, 06:36:45 PM »
Give new deals to a 37 year old and a player who cant stay fit . No thank you bye to both . We need new younger players not has beens . May as well sign John Terry

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1673 on: May 29, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »
I suspect he will be offered a new contract and this is one of my fears under Moore that a reasonable clear-out might not happen.

Regardless of service, loyalty, ability (on his day), his fitness record over 2-3 years is bad. Relying on his fitness is one reason we are now in the Championship.
We should only offer new deals to players who are the right age, have a good or at least decent fitness record and are obvious first team selections.

There are similar players out there.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1674 on: May 29, 2018, 09:19:21 PM »
Give new deals to a 37 year old and a player who cant stay fit . No thank you bye to both . We need new younger players not has beens.
I agree with your overall sentiment, although I would be more polite than to call them "has-beens"! McAuley will be 39 in December by the way.

To my mind, giving them both contracts would be little more than jobs for the boys. We need to get away from that - a new broom is required, given the circumstances of us being relegated with what was a completely dismal record, not just during last season, but also in the final 9 games of the season before too.