Author Topic: James Morrison  (Read 447670 times)

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

Re: James Morrison
« Reply #1450 on: September 06, 2016, 12:44:04 PM »
Or maybe Mozza just wants to play football week in week out? Nice to see you taking his loyalty and consummate professionalism over the last decade into account as you are prematurely ushering him out of the door. If he moves in January, he deserves a hero's send off as he has stuck with us, never moaned and despite periods where he was out of form (mainly because clueless managers insisted on playing him out of position), has been one of our best midfielders.

Too right. Albion has always been a club that has tried to look after their own I feel, some people might call this an unwillingly to let go but I see more as a bond between club and player. The few times we have failed to do so (thinking Phillips and Lukkaku) in recent memory has come back to bite us. We don't have the resources to buy new top players every transfer window, or at least didn't have so these players do become a  a greater part of the club.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: September 06, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »
The majority wanted him signed.

Then it was said that he wanted £80k a week, and people were saying he was overrated and should be let go.

Then he signed, and he was good old Jimmy again.

Now he's reportedly injured, and another massive weekly sum has come out, and suddenly he should have been let go again.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1452 on: September 06, 2016, 01:21:29 PM »
I like Morrison he's been a good signing and done his job well but lets not kid each other he's here because we of offered the most money he wanted to go back to his 'beloved' Boro but they couldn't match our wages, and before anybody tries to be clever and ask how I know it's simple, he told me.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1453 on: September 06, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
If you look at my previous posts Vand you will see I would not have entertained a new contract. Moza has been a good servant just like Brunt both good Championship players but not Premiership and a hero, a word used to much just like world class. Mozza has loyalty for his wallet and his injury soon cleared up at the eleventh hour when Celtic came in for him always been decent but no midfield general in my opinion.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1454 on: September 06, 2016, 02:03:48 PM »
Where has all this rubbish about him not playing come from anyhow?

14/15 - 33 / 38
15/16 - 18 / 21 until injury

He then claimed to be fit but also told the club he was definitely leaving so Leko played instead, he was then injured all pre season.
I only go for the beer.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1455 on: September 06, 2016, 02:39:01 PM »
Should never have offered him a new contract because of his injury.
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

darby009

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: September 06, 2016, 02:45:49 PM »
I wouldn't mind but reading that article you would think he is messi or something... for me we should have got rid a couple of seasons ago... if we can get any money for him in Jan I would be delighted...

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1457 on: September 06, 2016, 02:48:01 PM »
"Brunt / Mozza are  just  good championship players" !! 

Jeeze how can anyone say that, we have been in prem 6  seasons and  Brunt / Mozza have been here for all of that and in the yo-yo years!

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that opinion is ********. I'm no great Brunt fan, but I couldn't begin to justify that argument.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1458 on: September 06, 2016, 03:28:12 PM »
No argument just my opinion both as I say in my opinion not Premiership players thus not kicked on stayed stagnant, losing our way as they have got slower and less effective.

To many times just watched Brunty give up chasing back and Mozza never dominant throughout a whole game or have I watched different players.

Who has ever come in for either in the last years to improve their squads my opinion that's all.

Never will we improve with sentiment ask Joe Hart, Pep is a winner tough decisions made then set in place, if were looking at improving you learn from the best and then role with it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:39:20 PM by Throstletown »

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1459 on: September 06, 2016, 03:38:20 PM »
Exactly, he was playing up until he was injured and managed to miss all of pre season.

If i were him i'd be shining my agents shoes.
Morrison took part in the full pre season programme. He was also playing games (well at least one game) for the U-21s behind closed doors for a good few weeks before the season ended and was very keen on to play in our last few games.

He's fit and available to play so can only assume his lack of selection is down to something else.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1460 on: September 06, 2016, 04:05:28 PM »
Morrison took part in the full pre season programme. He was also playing games (well at least one game) for the U-21s behind closed doors for a good few weeks before the season ended and was very keen on to play in our last few games.

He's fit and available to play so can only assume his lack of selection is down to something else.

Oh christ, I hope Tone hasn't identified a new bomb squad.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: September 06, 2016, 04:49:36 PM »
Someone else ... TP!

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1462 on: September 06, 2016, 05:00:43 PM »
Not good enough to start and not dynamic enough to ever change a game as sub, nor strong enough to shore up a defensive take what we have got result

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1463 on: September 06, 2016, 05:08:00 PM »
So many confusing signals coming out of the club, one minute you have Fletcher saying great manager great man, then you have a player like Mozza that is basically a part of the furniture making noises, maybe whispers, that he has never done in the past, then of course, there is the ongoing bull sugar lumps, with Berahino, Poco, amongst others, injured players aside, Pulis can only pick who is available now, the matchday squad basically picks itself.

I think Pulis is a difficult manager, and one that I personally don't want to be in charge.

But, in my mind, he is not completely to blame for this mess, and I think it is unfair to level all the blame onto him.

I know my little comparisons get on some of your tits, but I don't know how to explain it any other way:-

You have an expensive Armani jumper; it has a little thread poking out at the bottom, you keep tugging and tugging at that thread until all you have left is an expensive ball of wool.

Thats how I see The Albion, it is unravelling before our very eyes, and nobody knows, despite huge salaries what to do about it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:34:49 PM by WestBromJim »
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1464 on: September 06, 2016, 05:18:37 PM »

From August 16th:

Tony Pulis is planning to nurse James Morrison back from injury and get him up to match fitness by drip-feeding him minutes.The 30-year-old was sidelined for the second half of last season after rupturing his hamstring against Chelsea in January. He tweaked that injury in pre-season, and started Saturday’s season-opener against Crystal Palace on the bench.

The Scotland international, who signed a two-year contract extension this summer, came on for the last four minutes at Selhurst Park. Pulis hopes to do something similar at The Hawthorns this Saturday before starting him at Northampton Town three days later in the second round of the League Cup. “We wanted to give Moz some time, that was always in our plans because he’s still carrying an injury, and he needs time,” said Pulis. “We’ll give him a little bit more time against Everton depending on the way the game’s going and then he can have the full game against Northampton. Hopefully he’ll be OK then.”

Source: E&S

Morrison ended up playing 120 minutes in the Northampton game, of course so, presumably, since then Pulis has decided he's not fit enough. As we're aware, Pulis is fanatical, some would say overly so, regarding fitness levels.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1465 on: September 06, 2016, 06:59:36 PM »
Ridiculous comments at a ridiculous time. I like Jimmy but this smacks of stupidity. The bloke has only just come back from a very serious, career-threatening injury and needs to fight his way back into the team (for the record, I'd start him).

For a time where there is so much negativity around the club, this just wasn't needed. We're only three games into a season for Christ sake.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: September 06, 2016, 08:02:20 PM »
Very strange, he isn't fit. Anyone who went to the Northampton game will agree, was no where near the pace. Hopefully be back in contention in a couple of weeks.

ian66

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: September 06, 2016, 08:07:16 PM »
Very strange, he isn't fit. Anyone who went to the Northampton game will agree, was no where near the pace. Hopefully be back in contention in a couple of weeks.
Was any of 'em??

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1468 on: September 06, 2016, 08:21:34 PM »
Not good enough to start and not dynamic enough to ever change a game as sub, nor strong enough to shore up a defensive take what we have got result

Yet Gardner and Fletcher get in the team? The mind boggles.

In my opinion James Morrison sh!ts all over them pair.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1469 on: September 06, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »
Given our failure to sign a creative central midfielder, Morrison shouldn't have any worries about regaining his place. Unless Sam Field is going to be given the slot. Or ..Pulis decides to play with no attacking central midfielder. That would beggar belief, home or away, as we would have no central player to link the play with Rondon. (Chadlii and Philips are wide players). 
There are better midfielders at other clubs than Mozza, but he is the best we have in this position. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1470 on: September 06, 2016, 09:07:22 PM »
Been an excellent servant to the club, I have no problem with him leaving if he is not getting a regular game.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1471 on: September 06, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
It was always a case of either Morrison was a starter in his best position or the contract extension made little or no sense certainly at the sort of numbers that have been quoted.

The age old "not match fit" statement from Pulis is standard, it might mean that indeed Morrison is still finding his way back to fitness or it just might as well mean that Morrison is not much in his plans. The truth will become clear in the next few weeks.

The Celtic link is very odd certainly now and I cannot imagine Morrison would be earning anything like what he is here if he moved north of the border and in any event the time to do that was when he was a free agent rather than about 3 months into a new deal.

For what it's worth I believe that Chadli is way too good of a player to be wasted on the wing and I would much prefer him in the 10 role to either Morrison or Berahino.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: September 06, 2016, 11:24:32 PM »
We all have our own different opinions on players and at the risk of criticism, I personally have never really rated him much in the last few years. To me it's an indictment of the lack of real quality in the midfield area that has been neglected for a while now in terms of recruiting genuine quality players to improve the team.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1473 on: September 07, 2016, 03:28:31 AM »
Mozza is Mozza. The norm has been that he has about 6 excellent/very good games a year and 6 shockers, in between he is rather average. If we played something else than Pulisball we might still see glimpses of him at his best, as it is now he is but another player that simply doesn't fit the Pulisball model.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: September 12, 2016, 02:41:35 PM »
Where was he the weekend?
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!