Author Topic: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD  (Read 2354099 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: OFFICIAL PREMIER LEAGUE THREAD
« Reply #10125 on: September 04, 2020, 09:46:10 PM »
Some tweet that from West Ham club captain Mark Noble. (Verified) :o

'As captain of this football club I’m gutted, angry and sad that Grady has left, great kid with a great future!!!!!'
Yeah, saw that. An absolutely astonishing tweet from the club captain. Their fans are apoplectic, going mental. The club are in utter disarray.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10126 on: September 04, 2020, 10:10:11 PM »
All seems normal for the dildo bros.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10127 on: September 04, 2020, 10:16:00 PM »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10128 on: September 05, 2020, 12:16:26 AM »
Some tweet that from West Ham club captain Mark Noble. (Verified) :o

'As captain of this football club I’m gutted, angry and sad that Grady has left, great kid with a great future!!!!!'

You'd say something is very wrong there if such a professional/veteran such as Noble is saying that. It would be the equivalent of Brunt saying something similar whilst still playing for us.

I believe they've already bid £20 million for Tarkowski from Burnley. Interestingly it seems Moyes is sticking with his defensive plan and has got rid of a good, creative player in Diangana. I feel they will struggle next season.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10129 on: September 05, 2020, 06:04:35 AM »
It seems everyone is losing their mind at West Ham over the Diangana deal.

They are a team that barely scrapped over the line last season. They have no money (yes rich owners whatever). They have some really pressing needs this window e.g. Centre Back and both full backs.

They also have an array of attacking midfielders and wingers Antonio, Snodgrass, Yarmolenko, Fornals, Anderson, Bowen, and  Lanzini all of which are on big money with at least 2 years to run on their contracts except Snodgrass who is going into his final year. West Ham certainly would consider offers for any of those players except Bowen and Antonio. None have been forthcoming or at least none that are particularly beneficial bearing in mind the fees they have paid and the wages they might have to pay-off to make any deal happen.

Diangana as an academy graduate all the fee is profit and there is no issue with his wage the buying club is picking up the tab. West Ham have reached the point in the window where they need to do the deal that can be done rather than one they would like to do.

None of this makes things more palatable for West Ham fans who have probably fallen out of love with many of the players I listed (remember boys you were buzzing when they signed and last year's marque signing is this years deadwood) but what are you going to do? Because if you go into this campaign with the same wobbly defense then things ain't going to go well for you.

I wouldn't be too critical of Mark Noble for sounding off on twitter because he is Mr West Ham and nobody could ever accuse him of phoning in it in. However barbed comments from Jack Wilshire are a bit rich. In short son, West Ham have to make some tough decisions in part because of the wages you continue to draw for a contribution that you don't make.

None of this is healthy and it seems to me that Moyes has his work cut out to keep this circus in the Premier League.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10130 on: September 05, 2020, 09:20:06 AM »
Just commented about Wilshere on another thread. Hadn't read your line re his comments being rich. No plagiarism intended Stan'. As for West Ham's Anderson there was a snippet on the radio yesterday suggesting he's a potential target for Arsenal.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10131 on: September 05, 2020, 10:04:06 AM »
They also got the Olympic Stadium for virtually nothing somehow.
Are they still sort of renting it or do they own it?
Imagine if they were kicked out what would happen then?
I expect them to be relegated with Villa  this coming season.
That great stadium less than half full in the chumps.
I think the dildo bros will bail out soon

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10132 on: September 05, 2020, 10:17:07 AM »
Don't forget for West Ham Grady was one of their own and had been at the club since he was 10.  His first proper season was with us.  Look at how frustrating it's been to lose our younger players and none of them were as good, or as promising as Diangana.  Plus Diangana was happy to stay!

Really feel for West Ham fans on this one. 

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10133 on: September 05, 2020, 10:35:46 AM »
Just commented about Wilshere on another thread. Hadn't read your line re his comments being rich. No plagiarism intended Stan'. As for West Ham's Anderson there was a snippet on the radio yesterday suggesting he's a potential target for Arsenal.

Yes I noticed great minds think alike.

No way are they selling Anderson to Arsenal because had that been a possibility they would not have sold Grady to us. Selling Anderson fixes so much at West Ham but basically Arsenal don't need him.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10134 on: September 07, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
This is the Athletic prediction

I hope they are wrong as far as we are concerned, but I could live with the vile prediction

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 03:05:23 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10135 on: September 07, 2020, 03:19:02 PM »
I don't see the Leeds love in but if there big signings gel they will be ok.

Think Wolves and Sheff Utd are placed 2 places higher apiece but the bottom half is generally what i'd go with. Hopefully we stay up of course.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10136 on: September 07, 2020, 03:21:59 PM »
This is the Athletic prediction

I hope they are wrong as far as we are concerned, but I could live with the vile prediction

About where I would expect us to be, but they are being very generous to West Ham IMO.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10137 on: September 07, 2020, 08:18:18 PM »
Everton sign Rodriguez from Real Madrid for £20 million..sounds a good deal.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10138 on: September 07, 2020, 08:41:02 PM »
In general most commentators are way too optimistic about Leeds and while I wouldn't say 11th is impossible there are a lot of variables in play and I wouldn't rule out almost any outcome in the bottom half.

In reality 14th down to the relegation zone is unlikely to be separated by more than 6 points. While the poll isn't outrageous (at least one of the promoted teams is nearly always relegated.) What is really missing is any sense is a range of likely outcomes and probably half the teams have some possibility of relegation.   

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10139 on: September 08, 2020, 02:21:37 PM »
i so hope palace go down, not because of roy because of Furguson
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10140 on: September 08, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »
Oliver Kay
@OliverKay
Premier League confirm all 28 matches scheduled for September WILL now be shown live by TV rights holders. West Ham v Newcastle switched to 8pm this Saturday. Leicester v Burnley will be on BBC at 7pm on Sunday. All very last-minute

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10141 on: September 08, 2020, 04:55:01 PM »
TV deal torn up. All PL fixtures in September to be screened live.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10142 on: September 08, 2020, 04:56:28 PM »
TV deal torn up. All PL fixtures in September to be screened live.
I should think so. We are not governed by Sky.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10143 on: September 08, 2020, 04:58:23 PM »
I should add this will not be something that involves one off fees to the club. Matches will be shown by the 4 existing stakeholders.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10144 on: September 08, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
Probably confirms that all the other games will be on as wel and they will just work on a month by month basis

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10145 on: September 09, 2020, 07:47:44 PM »
BREAKING: The Premier League have officially rejected Amanda Staveley’s Saudi-backed takeover of Newcastle United.

Mike Ashley is now understood to be considering his legal options. 

(Source: Sky Sports)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10146 on: September 10, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »
Marcelo Bielsa:

“Everything has been sorted and it’s definite that I will be here next season."

(Source: Sky Sports)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10147 on: September 12, 2020, 09:42:06 AM »
Looking at the league overall I think that there are basically 3 groups

The big six Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United Liverpool and Spurs. Between them these teams will contest the title the top 4 and probably both domestic trophies. The condensed nature of the season might derail them but I would be shocked if two from this group finished outside the top 6 places in the division.

The next four Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Southampton. A small group of teams who are almost certainly too strong to go down possibly strong enough to mount some sort of challenge to Arsenal who are probably the weakest of the big 6. Could win a cup and in Leicester's case do well in the Europa League.

The rest in no particular order Leeds, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Fulham West Brom,West Ham,Villa, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield United. The bottom 3 will be drawn from this group. I would suggest that the newly promoted sides are always among the favorites to go down and unlike most commentators I would include Leeds in this group.

Up and down the league way too much emphasis is placed on transfers and who had a good or bad window. What is much more important is how a team works together and how players are developing who are already in the squad.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10148 on: September 12, 2020, 10:31:37 AM »
Looking at the league overall I think that there are basically 3 groups

The big six Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man United Liverpool and Spurs. Between them these teams will contest the title the top 4 and probably both domestic trophies. The condensed nature of the season might derail them but I would be shocked if two from this group finished outside the top 6 places in the division.

The next four Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Southampton. A small group of teams who are almost certainly too strong to go down possibly strong enough to mount some sort of challenge to Arsenal who are probably the weakest of the big 6. Could win a cup and in Leicester's case do well in the Europa League.

The rest in no particular order Leeds, Crystal Palace, Burnley, Fulham West Brom,West Ham,Villa, Brighton, Newcastle and Sheffield United. The bottom 3 will be drawn from this group. I would suggest that the newly promoted sides are always among the favorites to go down and unlike most commentators I would include Leeds in this group.

Up and down the league way too much emphasis is placed on transfers and who had a good or bad window. What is much more important is how a team works together and how players are developing who are already in the squad.

Good summary, I see West Ham as very vulnerable, I think our signing of G D has dealt them a real body blow before the season even started.
Crystal Palace may also be a season too far for Uncle Roy
Baggie in Southampton

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10149 on: September 12, 2020, 12:43:33 PM »
Fulham 0 - 1 Arsenal in the early kick off.