Author Topic: Who really wants promotion?  (Read 20467 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Who really wants promotion?
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2019, 12:46:13 PM »
Why do people think he will sell,why should he?
If ,sorry when we get back to the prem the worldwide advertising if his company must be worth millions to him.
Its a good businessman who owns a company that ticks along nicely and he doesn't have to put his hand in his own pocket,what would you do?
On the other hand at least he doesn't try to run wba in a hands on way like some who love the sound of their own voices.

Agree, why would he sell for a lot more than he paid, when there is an income stream the size of the TV money. In my opinion, he will keep the club and reduce the amount taken out by players & agents thus improving "profitability"
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »
Need to go up just to get rid of owner if not we could end up like Bolton.

Actually going up is probably detrimental to finding a new owner. If we get promotion, Lai would probably only accept an offer of what he paid or higher, even though we'd be in a worse position.

Stay in this division and he might sell us off as he can't sustain this division. But he'd have to take a big hit.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »
Why do people think he will sell,why should he?
If ,sorry when we get back to the prem the worldwide advertising if his company must be worth millions to him.
Its a good businessman who owns a company that ticks along nicely and he doesn't have to put his hand in his own pocket,what would you do?
On the other hand at least he doesn't try to run wba in a hands on way like some who love the sound of their own voices.

Not sure anyone has said he wants to sell, or is looking to sell. I think the point was that if/when we go up his stock is in a better position, and I think that there is faint hope from some posters that he will sell, but again its a case of 'better the devil you know'.

Next bloke in could promise to make the club 'as big as Barcelona in five years', borrow heavily against the club and buy a load of big time charlies, fail in his slightly ambitious plan and leave us with a huge debt that sees us do a Portsmouth.........or worse.     
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #103 on: January 22, 2019, 02:30:53 PM »
Not sure anyone has said he wants to sell, or is looking to sell. I think the point was that if/when we go up his stock is in a better position, and I think that there is faint hope from some posters that he will sell, but again its a case of 'better the devil you know'.

Next bloke in could promise to make the club 'as big as Barcelona in five years', borrow heavily against the club and buy a load of big time charlies, fail in his slightly ambitious plan and leave us with a huge debt that sees us do a Portsmouth.........or worse.     

or he could convince the fanbase that we have champions league potential, bring in a load of quality foreign players and a foreign manager, and turn us all into deluded knuckle dragging mustard wearing inbreds !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!