Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631488 times)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1125 on: January 25, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »
I really do hate Harry Redknapp.  The Twitchy f****r taps players up all the time.

No other reason to go to QPR other than the money.  Well done Pete you've shown your true colours.

I wouldnt complain if he moved to a top 6 club who was competing in Europe.

Cracking player for us but unfortunately you will go down as a mercenary who plays up every transfer window and then whores himself out to the highest bidder.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1126 on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
I don't think his team mates care.

Mulumbu's tweet the other day about him not leaving until he is back makes sence now.

Why is it when everything is rosie at the Albion some bell spoils it for us?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1127 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:34 PM »
Maybe on my own here but if i had to choose who to go down out of Villa or QPR it's the cockneys all day for me.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

paul_47

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1128 on: January 25, 2013, 09:46:51 PM »
And what if he keeps the Tin-Pot club up ?   More of a future threat to us in midtable......

If he helps to keep the tin-pot club up there would be more chance of the Vile going down = Win, win in my book  ;D
"Avoid disappointment..... aim low"
                                        Carlton the doorman

Lola

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1129 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
Very disappointed by the statement he has made and his lack of loyalty. I should not be surprised but strangely I am. I had sadly expected more. Shame on you Pete for agreeing to such a statement! He may have not have written every sentence but he will have agreed to the general meaning and detail in it. Why does business have to be conducted in this unseemly way? It is just bully boy tactics to force our club's hand? Be careful for what you wish for Pete,the grass is always not greener......

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1130 on: January 25, 2013, 09:48:25 PM »
Maybe on my own here but if i had to choose who to go down out of Villa or QPR it's the cockneys all day for me.

I'm starting to think this way.

However, there is no reason they both can't go down  ;D

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1131 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:35 PM »
But Pete's not french. Why would Newcastle want him?
Has played in France though so perhaps just a loan! ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

paul_47

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1132 on: January 25, 2013, 09:51:19 PM »

In an ideal world both of em for me!
"Avoid disappointment..... aim low"
                                        Carlton the doorman

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1133 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:39 PM »
Let him go, we should put a decent price tag on him though.  £10m should do it - he can't blame the club for not allowing him to go and it will test QPR to see just how much they want him. 

His statement doesn't bother me, he wants to go somewhere else and get a big pay day.  We knew this, he's handed a request in, so what else have we learned?  Nothing really. 

The problem we have is it's right at the end of the transfer window, no chance of bringing someone in as decent replacement.  He's scored 1 in 2.6 games for us, it's hard to find a striker like that.  Fortune is no replacement.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1134 on: January 25, 2013, 09:55:46 PM »
Let him go, we should put a decent price tag on him though.  £10m should do it - he can't blame the club for not allowing him to go and it will test QPR to see just how much they want him. 

His statement doesn't bother me, he wants to go somewhere else and get a big pay day.  We knew this, he's handed a request in, so what else have we learned?  Nothing really. 

The problem we have is it's right at the end of the transfer window, no chance of bringing someone in as decent replacement.  He's scored 1 in 2.6 games for us, it's hard to find a striker like that.  Fortune is no replacement.
It's not our problem mate , if Qpr want him that much why didn't they lump up weeks ago ?
Longer it goes on the more money we should ask for , tick tock ....tick tock.....

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1135 on: January 25, 2013, 09:57:12 PM »
Petes statement,he shouldnt get a transfer he should get a prison sentence for that rubbish

Odemwingie has responded with a long statement which read: "I'm deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.

"During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.

"I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.

"Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club. The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.

"Some may say I have contributed, along with all my team mates, to the survival of the club in the Premier League in recent seasons.

"At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game (Harry Redknapp).

"I hope the management of West Bromwich Albion will accept my transfer request in the manner that I have requested it.

"West Bromwich Albion may argue that I am too vital a member of the team to allow me to leave now but I could argue that team selection so far this season has not reflected that and there is more than adequate cover for my position currently in the squad, culminating in my playing out of position.

"I have not taken this decision lightly and I would like West Bromwich Albion to accept what, in my opinion, is more than a reasonable offer from QPR for me."
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

mini gaardsoe

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1136 on: January 25, 2013, 09:57:31 PM »
Don't give him what he wants, let him rot! Clubs need to take the power back.

Lola

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1137 on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »
I feel like the mafia now - I do not like the disrespect! It is the statement and the manner of the leaving I do not like. I think it is distasteful and common!!!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1138 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:35 PM »
Let him go when the cockney gits say they will pay 5million. I believe that if he plays next home game it wont be Rosenberg that gets booed it will be him. We got him out of a club that made his life hell and this is how he repays us. Bye Bye greedy git.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1139 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:30 PM »
As has been said here, we absolutely must play hardball and JP will. If we let PO go on the cheap (anything under £5 million) Twitchy, should QPR survive which they will I believe with PO helping them and with Remy, will then tap up Yacob/Mulumbu/Olsson in the summer. As we don't have to sell, and in fact the desperate club here is QPR fighting for survival, I think JP will drag this out until the last day and then ask for 7 or 8 million to let QPR stew in their desperation. I believe QPR will pay that much.

This is an extremely important battle for us symbolically, we simply cannot let QPR walk all over us financially or we might as well voluntarily relegate ourselves as we cannot compete. QPR either pay our price or goes to hell. This is so important a sulky Pete doesn't come into it. I'd rather have Pete sulk in the reserves than him banging in goals for QPR saving them tens of millions of pounds, while we sit with a measly handful of millions that won't get us anything close to Pete's quality.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1140 on: January 25, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
He's definitely going to go, the best thing for us now is if others came in for him, Newcastle, Fulham could?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1141 on: January 25, 2013, 10:21:02 PM »
As has been said here, we absolutely must play hardball and JP will. If we let PO go on the cheap (anything under £5 million) Twitchy, should QPR survive which they will I believe with PO helping them and with Remy, will then tap up Yacob/Mulumbu/Olsson in the summer. As we don't have to sell, and in fact the desperate club here is QPR fighting for survival, I think JP will drag this out until the last day and then ask for 7 or 8 million to let QPR stew in their desperation. I believe QPR will pay that much.

This is an extremely important battle for us symbolically, we simply cannot let QPR walk all over us financially or we might as well voluntarily relegate ourselves as we cannot compete. QPR either pay our price or goes to hell. This is so important a sulky Pete doesn't come into it. I'd rather have Pete sulk in the reserves than him banging in goals for QPR saving them tens of millions of pounds, while we sit with a measly handful of millions that won't get us anything close to Pete's quality.
Your best post in months Sir , i fully agree...if need be cut our own noses off for long term gain!

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1142 on: January 25, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »
They could, but they are not as insane with their money as QPR (remember Remy chose QPR over Newcastle). They simply won't offer PO the same kind of money QPR are doing.

Lola

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1143 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »
He is trying to tie our hands not negotiate. The way he is going about this is disgraceful. Bigging up 'arry and QPR and putting down his current employers is not acceptable. This way of operating should not be allowed. The problem is that this makes his position very, very difficult here which ultimately strengthens his case to leave :( 

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1144 on: January 25, 2013, 10:24:58 PM »
 :o this may sound strange but let him go.
He is going on 32,we get our money back for him (probably 3 mill).
He has saved us many times...he wants a last pay cheque.
I do believe he likes us and has done a job.
If we keep him will he play to his best....No!!
Will he sulk?? .....Yes.

We have Long back...lets put the money towards signing Lukaku next season....maybe 15 mill would get him.

No good keeping a player who wants to go.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1145 on: January 25, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »
As GrGr posted , we have to play hard ball here , we cannot be seen to be a soft touch at all.
If that means Pete sulks for a few months then so be it , tough rubbish!.

Biga4

« Reply #1146 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:24 PM »
In the 30 odd years i've been going up Petes easily one of my favourite ever players, amazing talent, two good feet and pace to burn. He has played a major part in taking us to the next level and for various reasons would have gone gone down with Bomber, Astle, Donald and Super Bob as one of the greats.......however what he has done today just sums up the modern footballer... Thanks pete, i'll be the one picking up the pieces when my nipper asks why he can't have Odemwingie on the back of his shirt!!! Sell him tomorrow, end of.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:33:39 PM by OldburyWBA »

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1147 on: January 25, 2013, 10:27:55 PM »
Petes statement,he shouldnt get a transfer he should get a prison sentence for that rubbish

Odemwingie has responded with a long statement which read: "I'm deeply hurt and in some ways offended by the lack of reciprocal common respect from the management of West Bromwich Albion.

"During my time at the club I believe I have delivered performances, effort and goals.

"I never complained when I found out that the club failed to inform me of enquiries that might have interested me and my family in the past.

"Everyone knows how much effort and commitment I always give when I play for the club. The fans have been great with me and I will always respect them.

"Some may say I have contributed, along with all my team mates, to the survival of the club in the Premier League in recent seasons.

"At this stage of my career, this opportunity may not come around again. A new challenge, a new opportunity, and a chance to play under the stewardship of one of the most respected managers in the game (Harry Redknapp).

"I hope the management of West Bromwich Albion will accept my transfer request in the manner that I have requested it.

"West Bromwich Albion may argue that I am too vital a member of the team to allow me to leave now but I could argue that team selection so far this season has not reflected that and there is more than adequate cover for my position currently in the squad, culminating in my playing out of position.

"I have not taken this decision lightly and I would like West Bromwich Albion to accept what, in my opinion, is more than a reasonable offer from QPR for me."

If he made this statement then its disappointing to say the least. He wasnt complaining when the club made him the highest earner and QPR were nowhere to be seen. To me there is more than a smidgen of "prima donna" about this.

"offended by the lack of reciprical respect"......you mean the club wont give you what you want so your throwing the toys out of the pram.

"A chance to play under one of the most respected managers"....................so Steve Clarke isnt respected because he hasnt played you as a centre forward. Note we have two other CFs just as good.

"Accept what is a reasonable offer"..................£3million....er no i think not.

In light of the fact we are all but safe this season for £5million and not a penny less i would say goodbye and good luck. enjoy your time back in the championship.

Lola

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #1148 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:26 PM »
We should not allow him to help our opponents - we will not be able to replace him in the little time left in the window and why should we help to boost QPR, even if we get good money for him? Play hard ball!!!

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1149 on: January 25, 2013, 10:35:33 PM »
As GrGr posted , we have to play hard ball here , we cannot be seen to be a soft touch at all.
If that means Pete sulks for a few months then so be it , tough rubbish!.

Eh!? Don't know about others but I'm not comfortable about my money contributing towards his wages after what he has just said.

Get someone in who wants to be here!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:37:19 PM by Critical Baggie »
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society