Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635631 times)

geoff

• WBA Coach

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1100 on: January 25, 2013, 08:58:41 PM »
No good in the club keeping Any player when they wont out we should just let JP do wot he does best & get the most for that player he can.
Pete up till now has been the most talented forward we have had in the prem But not in our clubs history he ant.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 09:00:21 PM by geoff »

slimboyfat1972

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1101 on: January 25, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1102 on: January 25, 2013, 09:00:07 PM »
Great player , great goals , he has been our best prem striker(fact) and scored v dingles/villa.
He cost 2 mill and we will get at least 3.5
I will always think fondly of him but we should all remember , Peter Odemwingie (any player)looks after Peter Odemwingie , Jeremy peace looks after our WBA.
Who should we really hero worship??

Be funny if Newcastle came in now?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1103 on: January 25, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
I was willing to accept his leaving, albeit with a heavy heart. I could have almost respected his desire to move for money.

But that statement is just downright disrespectful

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1104 on: January 25, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
We've only got ourselves to blame here.

We were doing fine until Yacob got injured and then we bring in championship quality replacements. 

Obviously PO is fed up with playing with lesser quality individuals.  We've had 25 days to bring in better players and we've done nothing.

We'll finish bottom half at this rate.   On the other hand I can see QPR averaging 2ps per game from here onwards.   

Some players are too comfortable at Hawthorns, these are the ones that should be moved on.  We show no aggression apart from when we're behind in a match.

Where's our ambition Mr Peace?

Get your nose from up his ring.
Petes just a greedy barsteward, nothing to do with lesser quality individuals. He's been one of the poorer performers for most parts this season
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

westbrom87

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1105 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:09 PM »
He'll go to QPR.

QPR will get relegated.

Redknapp will leave.

Odemwingie is left in Championship with a sh*t manager.

I'll laugh!

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1106 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:46 PM »
Great player , great goals , he has been our best prem striker(fact) and scored v dingles/villa.
He cost 2 mill and we will get at least 3.5
I will always think fondly of him but we should all remember , Peter Odemwingie (any player)looks after Peter Odemwingie , Jeremy peace looks after our WBA.
Who should we really hero worship??

Be funny if Newcastle came in now?
But Pete's not french. Why would Newcastle want him?

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1107 on: January 25, 2013, 09:06:08 PM »
Completely for financial reasons. He is in his early thirties, and will see it as a last opportunity chance to make a quick buck - well his agent does.

Let him go, our last chance to get some top dollar for him, it's clear he is just a mercenary.

Clarke plays him out of position as it is and that's hardly working, so why keep and unhappy player.

Take the money and run. Also, Harry Redknapp, you are a w*nker. 
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1108 on: January 25, 2013, 09:08:18 PM »
His statement is sickening, absoloutly sickening.
I only go for the beer.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1109 on: January 25, 2013, 09:08:42 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12602_8439634,00.html

The statement... >:(

Fair enough, JP you now what to do sell him & lets move on & don't let him wear a Albion shirt ever again.

Esso #13

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1110 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
I agree with Critical, he'll lose a yard of pace over the next 12 months and then no-one will want him and we'll be stuck paying him £40k+ p/w for another year when he won't get into the side. Therefore this is the last chance to get some decent cash for him, let him so and fail to keep QPR up.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1111 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:48 PM »
But Pete's not french. Why would Newcastle want him?
He ate garlic once  ;)
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1112 on: January 25, 2013, 09:11:57 PM »
The whining about the playing out of position is petty, he has played either as a striker or a wide player for most of his career and has stated previously he is happy to do so, so why the change now !!

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1113 on: January 25, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
The whining about the playing out of position is petty, he has played either as a striker or a wide player for most of his career and has stated previously he is happy to do so, so why the change now !!

£££££££££££ about 50.000 a week

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1114 on: January 25, 2013, 09:18:30 PM »
He should be ashamed of that statement on Sky , totally put up to it by agents and Harry .
Good luck taking JP on Pete , you will need it.

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1115 on: January 25, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »
I really think the FA should be looking into this Tin pot club make an enquiry there told this player is not for sale only for same tin pot club to then place a offer in for said player less than a week later.
There has to be some tapping up going on here be by odemwingie himself or his agent.

I'm really disappointed with his statement but we have to face the fact that like most players hes a mercenary so let him go and enjoy championship football.

Bye bye Peter

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1116 on: January 25, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »
I hope he breaks his leg in as many places as possible.

i've worked my balls off all week and still have more going out than coming in, mainly thanks to paying to go and watch greedy cockroaches like him.
I only go for the beer.

paul_47

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1117 on: January 25, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
I can't see what all the fuss and bitterness is about, he has been a great player for us.
I just look at it this way, all of us on here who are employed probably recon we do a good job and get on well with most of our colleges,  mind you most of us don't have fans and definitely don't have agents! Anyhow I am quite fond of where I work but if some other firm offered to maybe double my wages I'd be off like a shot! Wouldn't you?
"Avoid disappointment..... aim low"
                                        Carlton the doorman

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1118 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:52 PM »
I can't see what all the fuss and bitterness is about, he has been a great player for us.
I just look at it this way, all of us on here who are employed probably recon we do a good job and get on well with most of our colleges,  mind you most of us don't have fans and definitely don't have agents! Anyhow I am quite fond of where I work but if some other firm offered to maybe double my wages I'd be off like a shot! Wouldn't you?

Its greed, pure greed. How many tens of thousands per week does he want? He'll probably never spend what he's got now.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1119 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:03 PM »

Difference is how many of us have signed a new contract already increasing our wages and committing ourselves to our current employer for the next couple of years and have only a week ago declared our love for said company and our desire to stay ?

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1120 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:49 PM »

Yes in the normal world we woud leave for more cash but lets put it another way would you leave your company paying you £10 / hour and is a healthy stable company to join another company paying you £12 but you may only get that £12 for 6 months as the company may go under.
I know which i would do

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1121 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32:11 PM »
I agree with Critical, he'll lose a yard of pace over the next 12 months and then no-one will want him and we'll be stuck paying him £40k+ p/w for another year when he won't get into the side. Therefore this is the last chance to get some decent cash for him, let him so and fail to keep QPR up.

And what if he keeps the Tin-Pot club up ?   More of a future threat to us in midtable......
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1122 on: January 25, 2013, 09:35:33 PM »
And what if he keeps the Tin-Pot club up ?   More of a future threat to us in midtable......

If he keeps them up he will be gone within 18 months I would hazard a guess as we all know what a wheeler dealer old craggy face is and if they go down he will be gone quicker than a bad curry the next morning

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1123 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:47 PM »
Disgusting how in that statement he believes £2 million is an adequate price and thus weakens our hand and lowers the potential transfer fee - urine of Odemwingie and enjoy the money.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1124 on: January 25, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »

In that case go lock him up in a cell and throw away the key  ;)

Considering the position we are to them at the minute I'll happily take the 3-5 million or whatever they'll offer. We can easily invest that in to another striker 5 years younger than Pete. He's only going to get worse in time now.
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society