Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635662 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #1050 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »
here's a little scenario for you! goes to QPR! they get relagated, puts in another transfer request. probably would be in his contract should he sign for them!

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1051 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
Well given today's news I think now is definitely the time to sell him. Given how rich & desperate QPR are right now, I'd hope to squeeze around £5,000,000 out of them minimum. In 6 months time they'll either be down or, if they stay up, looking in higher places for players. Plus Odemwingie is 32 in the Summer so will be worth less, without even factoring in how this may affect his form should we keep him.

I only hope that his actions don't rub off on any of our other players.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1052 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:51 PM »
As I said earlier in the thread this is a well worn path where 'Arry is concerned and no one should be at least bit surprised that Pete has now handed in a transfer request. Also no one should be in any doubt that his agent knows exactly what QPR will be offering him. Equally the fact that the request was made public (certainly not by the club) and thus souring the player's  relationship with the fans is no accident.

It is very much watershed moment the club can dig in and just sat no and have a disinterested Odemwingie for the rest of the season which would be as much use as a choclate fireguard (one we are paying £40k a week to) or we haggle the best deal possible. Either way I don't see him being around at the start of next season.

If we sell him I doubt that we will replace him in this window although I am sure this scenario is one that could have been forseen so there will be lists of potential replacements (although are replacing a striker or a wider attacker or midfielder?) however with under a week to go to close of the window I doubt we will be able to land someone at a reasonable cost.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #1053 on: January 25, 2013, 07:32:49 PM »
If we sell him I doubt that we will replace him in this window ...
I suspect you're right!

gablythe

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1054 on: January 25, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
We have an emotional relationship with the club, the players have a financial relationship with the club. I hope that JP drives as hard a bargain as he well knows how and spends the cash shrewdly now or in the summer.
As for PO, thanks for some of the memories. :-
 :-*

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1055 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:41 PM »
Pete is a whore who wants to join a squad of whores managed by the biggest whore in the game.

When is something going to be done about the Cancer that is Harry Redknapp?
I only go for the beer.

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1056 on: January 25, 2013, 07:37:48 PM »
If he doesnt go ...what sort of player are we going to be left with ? his confidence is pretty hit and miss at the best of times....fans now know that the "i love the club" was a sham...
Cant help feeling we should cash in while we have the chance....

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1057 on: January 25, 2013, 07:38:49 PM »
Just to add other than JT we have nobody to play in the wide role , i don't see us buying anyone in these last few days.What odds do you give me on him not going and signing a slightly improved new contract in the next month or so ?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1058 on: January 25, 2013, 07:39:13 PM »
If he doesnt go ...what sort of player are we going to be left with ? his confidence is pretty hit and miss at the best of times....fans now know that the "i love the club" was a sham...
Cant help feeling we should cash in while we have the chance....

I'd refuse to sell and keep him here........finish his career.
I only go for the beer.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1059 on: January 25, 2013, 07:43:49 PM »
Apparently if reports are to believed  (QPR are leaking like a sieve on this) we have apparently point blank refused to even suggest a price that we would be prepared to sell for, looks like we are playing hardball.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1060 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
Apparently if reports are to believed  (QPR are leaking like a sieve on this) we have apparently point blank refused to even suggest a price that we would be prepared to sell for, looks like we are playing hardball.

I'm fully behind JP on this one - i really hope we are keeping a file to send to the FA, sort that vile club out once and for all.
I only go for the beer.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1061 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
If he does go for a decent price, I'd settle for buying Thomas Ince. Also sell Dorrans and buy Kenwynne Jones. Two out, two in, including one of the best young players in the country.

IrememberJohnny Nicholls

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
Before the season started I think most of us expected that we would have a strike force of Long, Odemwingie and Fortune plus Rosenberg and felt reasonably happy with that situation. Then along came Lukaku and we were left wondering why we needed so many strikers. Since then Lukaku has blossomed and we’ve been able to start many games without Odemwingie. For some of them he hasn’t been on the pitch at all and in others he might as well not have been! Yet we are in the top half of the table.

At the same time we are preparing to listen to offers for Graham Dorrans. Since the first I saw him play Graham always has been one of my main hopes for the future of Albion and I would be very sad to see him go. Obviously I don’t know the full story behind the agreement for him to move on but if as, has been stated it is mainly to do with his frustration at lack of playing opportunities then I’d say get rid of Odemwingie and make some space for Dorrans to play more often and show Steve Clark just what we all know he can do. (And before the howl of derision start,  no, I'm not saying Dorrans is a like for like replacement for Odemwingie!)

Frankly, I can’t see that Odemwingie would be that much of a miss for the rest of a season in which we shan’t be winning anything anyway and in which we will have the luxury for the first time since we were in the premiership of potentially being able to blood some of our younger players and build for the future. It doesn’t matter if we lose a few games in consequence. Who wants us to play in Europe anyway when know we’re not good enough yet?

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1063 on: January 25, 2013, 07:47:06 PM »
Surely this can be kept on a need to know basis at the club , Odemwingies relationship with the fans is now in tatters. If he wanted to go and the right people at the club knew but we didnt nothing would change we would be non the wiser. Why does it have to be so public?

While i have been typing this ive realised why its so public " bloody agents"

5 million and id sell him , not a penny less

Chris Lepowski said the weekend that if he was to go albion wouldnt replace him until the summer.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1064 on: January 25, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
Surely this can be kept on a need to know basis at the club , Odemwingies relationship with the fans is now in tatters. If he wanted to go and the right people at the club knew but we didnt nothing would change we would be non the wiser. Why does it have to be so public?

Chris Lepowski said the weekend that if he was to go albion wouldnt replace him until the summer.

Because if the club didn't QPR would - its how Harry the Whore works.
I only go for the beer.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1065 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:14 PM »
If he does go for a decent price, I'd settle for buying Thomas Ince. Also sell Dorrans and buy Kenwynne Jones. Two out, two in, including one of the best young players in the country.

Kenwynne Jones :o his scoring record is about as good as Fortunes. 13 goals in 70 odd games for stoke , hasnt he just broke a 28 game scoring drought? wouldnt want him at all

Thomas Ince though now were talking 8)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1066 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:44 PM »
I suspect you're right!
.And that's the real tradegy of it all - no quality to come in and we limp along for the rest of the season - the squad could have done with freshening up a little anyway yet we just seem to be losing players.

Remember we are currently in a 'relegation' type run.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

tipton baggie 80

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1067 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:13 PM »

I think we've handled this perfectly and sent a strong message out...

1) To QPR & other clubs - If you want to buy our players, you'll have to pay the price we want and we won't be unsettled by underhand tactics

2) To Pete - If you think that you can hand in a transfer request underhandedly and not get outed for it after declaring your 'love' for the club then think again. Shut up and get your head down.

3) To other players - You're under contract with us. It will remain so until we see fit that we sell / release you. If you don't want to be humiliated and have your relationship with the fans in tatters (as will be the case now with Pete) then you know how to go about your business.
West Bromwich Albion, finishing above Staffordshire's finest when in the same league over the last 12 years

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1068 on: January 25, 2013, 08:03:49 PM »
Pete is a whore who wants to join a squad of whores managed by the biggest whore in the game.

When is something going to be done about the Cancer that is Harry Redknapp?

I detest the media loving snake anyway but the way he has unsettled our players makes him even more disgusting. The press seem to love him despite the fact he comes over as thick as sh8t !
I'm sure they will have him plastered all over the tv come deadline day as he orchestrates the London media; salavating on his every word despite his hit and miss managerial record in which his reckless player and wages all but destroyed Pompey yet he gets no blame..............I would love tin-pot QPR to go the same way only with Arry at the helm this time. A pity he wasn't found guilty last year so we wouldn't have to put up with him any more.......

Oh, and the hand-ball from one of his Pompey mercenaries that cost us a Wembley Final still hurts !!!!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1069 on: January 25, 2013, 08:06:06 PM »
I'm fully behind JP on this one - i really hope we are keeping a file to send to the FA, sort that vile club out once and for all.

The League will back their money-men - terrified of the expensive lawyers the Tin-pots (al la the QPR circus) could afford.

It's all about the M-O-N-E-Y innit!

Albionwarrior

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1070 on: January 25, 2013, 08:16:23 PM »
If Odemwingie wants to go SELL HIM for as much as we can screw out of QPR

No point in Odenwingie staying if he wants to go ...... but if they wont pay £5m .... let him stay and run his contract down.

He is only a temporry custodian in the club ...... I fully understand doing the best for yourself, but as long as the sport has bloke like Robbie Savage, behaving as he does to get what he wants and then the BBC give him a high profile position we all might as well give up having to listen to that arrogant idiot spout out his rubbish all the time.

On the subject of looking after yourself, I assume Odemwingie is on £40 grand per week of his remaining 19 month contract .... that's a total of over £3 million quid .... let the bloke go and please Pete don't BLOKE SMOKE UP OUR ASS when on TV. .... It sucks....

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1071 on: January 25, 2013, 08:18:36 PM »
I love how everyone has turned on Pete now. I've disliked him for ages and been shot down for saying things like I dislike him because he's utterly selfish.

Some people are fickle eh...  :-*

I wander if he will be the next player to be booed? If he is, dibs on starting the new thread about it  :P

Ogwani

« Reply #1072 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
I love how everyone has turned on Pete now. I've disliked him for ages and been shot down for saying things like I dislike him because he's utterly selfish.

Some people are fickle eh...  :-*

I wander if he will be the next player to be booed? If he is, dibs on starting the new thread about it  :P

I'll love him forever but he can go.

DorransSporran

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #1073 on: January 25, 2013, 08:20:55 PM »
After the statement PO has released on SSN, i have to say that i am extremely disappointed if not p****** off with him and would like to offer my services to drive him down to Loftus road.  extremely annoyed!!!!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1074 on: January 25, 2013, 08:22:17 PM »
Kenwynne Jones :o his scoring record is about as good as Fortunes. 13 goals in 70 odd games for stoke , hasnt he just broke a 28 game scoring drought? wouldnt want him at all

Thomas Ince though now were talking 8)

Jones is hardly going to score goals at a club which doesn't play any football !  In all honesty, we could possibly get away without signing another striker given where we are, or maybe just sign a loan striker as backup, but Ince in for Dorrans and Odemwingie would be progression.  Liverpool won't pay what Blackpool want, which I seem to recall is around £7m.  A bargain in my view.