Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 631557 times)

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #950 on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:49 PM »
There has been a real lack of activity in the Market for SKY sports to report on this window. Pete seems to be one story that they can keep rehashing to act as a filler on that silly little feature of theirs. Garlick makes a comment one moment and the next thing is they rehash it. I used to look forward to transfer deadline day but SSN is becoming a joke with their tosh reports. 

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #951 on: January 24, 2013, 09:45:54 PM »
There has been a real lack of activity in the Market for SKY sports to report on this window. Pete seems to be one story that they can keep rehashing to act as a filler on that silly little feature of theirs. Garlick makes a comment one moment and the next thing is they rehash it. I used to look forward to transfer deadline day but SSN is becoming a joke with their tosh reports.

The player is greedy and he wants to talk to them.Can you blame him Lets stop kidding ourselves here
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #952 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:44 PM »
Ok. I've accepted it. Based purely on your opinion.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #953 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
Ok. I've accepted it. Based purely on your opinion.

Oh he of little faith

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #954 on: January 24, 2013, 10:00:32 PM »
Oh for the return of ITK posters to settle this one?

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #955 on: January 24, 2013, 10:04:05 PM »
Oh for the return of ITK posters to settle this one?

Agreed because all we have is sky and the media at the moment

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #956 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:30 PM »
Latest from Sky Sports: Odemwingie could be handing in a transfer request tomorrow.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #957 on: January 24, 2013, 10:24:56 PM »
Latest from Sky Sports: Odemwingie could be handing in a transfer request tomorrow.

You see this is what really pisses me off about Sky Sports, saying that Odemwingie could be handing in a transfer request tomorrow.

Of course he could hand in a transfer request tomorrow, he could do absolutely anything tomorrow. It's such a loose word, they don't put their balls on the line and say he will hand in a transfer request. But in that time it allows fans to get worried, players could have their heads turned etc. All to help out 'Arry.

Sorry for the rant.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #958 on: January 24, 2013, 10:45:12 PM »
That Nursey bloke is reporting QPR back in for Odemwingie tomorrow with a £3 Million bid. £3 Million is an absolute joke of a bid, triple it and they might be near his valuation

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #959 on: January 25, 2013, 01:14:26 AM »
For this to keep on rumbling on through the month someone is briefing the media and it ain't us. There is a well worn pattern. 'Arry makes it known that he likes a player although he never talks about other clubs players, a very public bid is made and is rebuffed. A week or so lapses during which time rumours appear that the player is considering handing in a transfer request or is unhappy that he is being priced out of a move. The second bid is made, repeat until player demands a move or the club give up in the last few hours of the window.

Hopefully we tell QPR where to go, in point of fact I would rather give Odemwingie to the Dingles than sell him to him Redknapp.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #960 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:43 AM »
I hope this latest rumour about Odemwingie planning to hand in a transfer is not true. Why would a player of his talent want to play next season in the Championship? Arry, no doubt, will offer him more money than we pay him as a bait, but I am sure that a good chunk of any rise would go to the taxman and his agent.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #961 on: January 25, 2013, 01:34:55 AM »
For this to keep on rumbling on through the month someone is briefing the media and it ain't us. There is a well worn pattern. 'Arry makes it known that he likes a player although he never talks about other clubs players, a very public bid is made and is rebuffed. A week or so lapses during which time rumours appear that the player is considering handing in a transfer request or is unhappy that he is being priced out of a move. The second bid is made, repeat until player demands a move or the club give up in the last few hours of the window.

Hopefully we tell QPR where to go, in point of fact I would rather give Odemwingie to the Dingles than sell him to him Redknapp.
It´s getting late. Think about it again in the morning. ???
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #962 on: January 25, 2013, 04:09:21 AM »
I so hope the rumour that Mourinho is looking at Cesar to replace his injured keeper is true.

Just to irritate 'Arry

;D
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #963 on: January 25, 2013, 05:51:53 AM »
£2.5 million? Are you kidding me? Sell him! We don't need him, we're 8th in the league don't you know. We'll be laughing all the way to the bank!

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #964 on: January 25, 2013, 07:50:26 AM »
The best way to treat a tinpot bag of $h!t club, with a media slut manager like this lot, is to slap in a bid for Taraabt or just tell them 'why dow yow guw flip yamselves. 
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #965 on: January 25, 2013, 10:18:19 AM »
I'm quite worried this will drag out till deadline day and QPR will use their nasty ass very public tactics, that are te opposite of how our club run, and we may be left in a similar situation to when we lost earnshaw. Peter does have the distraction of a new born but could that influence a decision to leave, not only could he secure his own future but also his child's?! Couldn't blame him for thinking like that. Really hate the way QPR do business.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

joeymayo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #966 on: January 25, 2013, 10:32:18 AM »
I'm quite worried this will drag out till deadline day and QPR will use their nasty ass very public tactics, that are te opposite of how our club run, and we may be left in a similar situation to when we lost earnshaw. Peter does have the distraction of a new born but could that influence a decision to leave, not only could he secure his own future but also his child's?! Couldn't blame him for thinking like that. Really hate the way QPR do business.

It concerns me when people use the term 'secure their future'. What a laugh that is, Pete is probably on 30k plus per week, how much does he need to secure his future, that figure alone works out to £1.5 plus per year. I mean how's he going to live on that.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #967 on: January 25, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »
It concerns me when people use the term 'secure their future'. What a laugh that is, Pete is probably on 30k plus per week, how much does he need to secure his future, that figure alone works out to £1.5 plus per year. I mean how's he going to live on that.

Ok secure an incredible comfortable life for him and set his children up for the same. He'll get taxed half of what he earns, pay his agent etc. I'm just playing devils advocate here, not necessarily stating my own opinion.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #968 on: January 25, 2013, 10:42:42 AM »
I have no issue with him wanting to know what QPR are likely to offer, its just a job to him after all. If he hands in a transfer request then that is a different matter but I doubt he will, we have the speculation every transfer window with him so I'm not going to have a go at him as he's still our player.

hertsbaggiebird

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #969 on: January 25, 2013, 10:53:44 AM »
I am fed up with the phrase secure his future.  What he earns in a year circa £2M would take an average earner of £25K over  60 years to earn.  During that 60 years on £25K with small increases that person will have secured his future and saved somehow.  If this man on £2M can't do that on a year's salary then he is greedier than I thought.  Whilst footballers have a limited work life they earn so much more than the average person, it is difficult to feel sorry for them.  This is not about securing his family's future, as he will have already done that with what he has earned, so to me one last pay day doesn't really ring true.

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #970 on: January 25, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
I know it's not going away and I dare say what I say may prove irrelevant and I also dare say that what he said can be twisted but in respect of securing his future I'm sure that he actually said 'securing my future in the Premier League'. This is a little bit different than what people are saying on here.

hertsbaggiebird

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #971 on: January 25, 2013, 01:02:21 PM »
I know it's not going away and I dare say what I say may prove irrelevant and I also dare say that what he said can be twisted but in respect of securing his future I'm sure that he actually said 'securing my future in the Premier League'. This is a little bit different than what people are saying on here.
Just out of interest - how would securing his future in the premier league benefit by joining QPR?

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #972 on: January 25, 2013, 01:22:06 PM »
£2.5 million? Are you kidding me? Sell him! We don't need him, we're 8th in the league don't you know. We'll be laughing all the way to the bank!

And since nobody is coming in, who do you suggest replaces him in the side? Our squad is threadbare as it is.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #973 on: January 25, 2013, 01:26:22 PM »
And since nobody is coming in, who do you suggest replaces him in the side? Our squad is threadbare as it is.

It was a 'joke', I was making an indirect comment to the "Is anyone else amazed" thread. PO is just about the last player we should sell imo. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:32:26 PM by GrGr »

baggysean

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #974 on: January 25, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »
Just out of interest - how would securing his future in the premier league benefit by joining QPR?

It might if when he spoke to Garlick and DA, as it was them who apparently, told him of the offer that he found out from them he had no long term future at the Albion. When I say long term I mean beyond this season.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:46:41 PM by OldburyWBA »