Author Topic: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City  (Read 635250 times)

Boinggg

• Youth Baggie

Re: Peter Odemwingie Joins Cardiff City
« Reply #250 on: May 25, 2012, 01:12:04 AM »
reading such quotes making me start to feel uneasy about the upcoming season now.

seems in a matter of weeks we've potentially lost hodgson, foster, olsson and odemwingie

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #251 on: May 25, 2012, 01:14:34 AM »
Hopefully they're just repeating something from that completely unreliable blogger in Nigeria who stirred up trouble before. One would expect to hear from Pete himself via social media soon if it's all bogus.

I think the struggling for silverware quote he has said but in the context of what he hopes WBA achieves. So it does have the ring of the Nigerian blogger making up stories again which have found their way into my least favorite newspaper.

As an aside all talk of silverware and ambition is a smoke screen he knows that out there somewhere there is club willing to pay between £0.5m and £1m a year more for his services than his current employers everything else is just PR to make it sound a little bit more noble.   
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Boinggg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #252 on: May 25, 2012, 01:27:21 AM »
From Ifeanyi Abanum ?@ifeanyiabanu on twitter:

Osaze Odemwingie has hinted to Russian Media he could depart the Baggies in the summer market

Odemwingie's first choice is to remain the English Premiership, but is not ruling out a return to Russia.

'I have discussed my decision with the mgt of West Brom.They know that I honestly struggled for two seasons for the team,'' says Odemwingie

''I hope for understanding from the club. I think we agree - and I leave the club, maintaining good relations with all,'' said Odemwingie

Odemwingie adds:''You ask whether I would be considering proposals from Russia? And why not? I repeat, the Ist option for me is the EPL.''

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #253 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37:21 AM »
From Ifeanyi Abanum ?@ifeanyiabanu on twitter:

Osaze Odemwingie has hinted to Russian Media he could depart the Baggies in the summer market

Odemwingie's first choice is to remain the English Premiership, but is not ruling out a return to Russia.

'I have discussed my decision with the mgt of West Brom.They know that I honestly struggled for two seasons for the team,'' says Odemwingie

''I hope for understanding from the club. I think we agree - and I leave the club, maintaining good relations with all,'' said Odemwingie

Odemwingie adds:''You ask whether I would be considering proposals from Russia? And why not? I repeat, the Ist option for me is the EPL.''

He's scored 25 in two seasons, so in some respects he's ok by me. But the lad seriously needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

If someone offers £6mill+ then the temptation is to say yeah, go on then. But we need his 10 goals a season. Long has proven this year that scoring isn't that easy in the Prem.

I really hope we don't let it all slide this summer!
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #254 on: May 25, 2012, 02:14:04 AM »
This looks like the source, a Russian blogger: http://www.bobsoccer.ru/user/324/blog/?item=74118

Google Translate mangles it well enough, but here it is:

Peter Odemwingie: "I want to fight for the title, but not for survival"

In an interview with our portal striker "West Brom" confirmed that the club wants to change to a more powerful and will consider any proposals, including from Russia.

- Have you discussed your decision with the guidance of "West Brom"?

- Yes, we talked. They know that I honestly struggled for two seasons on the field for the team, not sparing the strength and health. But now the time has come when I want to fight for the title, but not for survival. Even though my contract with "West Brom" is designed for two more years, I hope for understanding on the part of leadership. I think we agree, and I leave the club, maintaining good relations with all.

- Which option will be a priority for you? I mean, first of all, the country.

- If possible, try to stay in England. I am happy with everything here. By the way, on Saturday in London, I have a wedding. Then he will leave, they also begin with the agent to discuss options for continuing career. Some already have a blueprint, but would now like to hammer it down.

- Proposals will be considered out of Russia?

- Why not? Although, I repeat, in the first place for me is the English Premier League.

- What are the clubs fit you in style and ambition?

- I would like to make my next team to play attacking football. How, for example, Madrid "Real".

- How to evaluate a victory in England, "Chelsea" in the Champions League?

- Football, which they showed in the semifinal and final, can not be called beautiful. But, apparently, Roberto Di Matteo has decided that a different result can not be achieved. In Munich, "Chelsea" heroically defended by the entire team, including Didier Drogba, and deserved to win. I can only take my hat off to the players and congratulate Di Matteo with a fantastic start coaching career.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 02:29:32 AM by Quakes Fan »

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #255 on: May 25, 2012, 06:49:29 AM »
I wouldn't be held to ransom again like last season, if a decent offer comes in thanks Pete, see ya.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2012, 07:55:15 AM »
Toodle pip
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: May 25, 2012, 08:00:33 AM »
Does he actually think he could play for a big club like Madrid ? I would sell him of we could get 4 million plus, he's getting older thus being when he gets injured he's out for even longer.I think we need something different upfront now because Odemwingie got found out a bit last season. When he got 10 goals I thought he would of pushed on but it seemed to have returned to his low confident self.
BOING BOING

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: May 25, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »
The real problem would be replacing him as we wouldn't pay the wages of a 12-15 goals a season established striker and would go back to gamble signings - gambles that rarely pay off at this level.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #259 on: May 25, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »
The real problem would be replacing him as we wouldn't pay the wages of a 12-15 goals a season established striker and would go back to gamble signings - gambles that rarely pay off at this level.
Andy Johnson = similair player, no fee, half the wages!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #260 on: May 25, 2012, 08:54:10 AM »
Another summer of Press speculation,have they got bored of the Grant Holt saga?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2012, 09:00:43 AM »
Just hope an early decision is made one way or another. Don't want this dragging on all over the summer again.

Think Pete seems to forget that any transfer would be dependant on someone actually coming in for him....

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #262 on: May 25, 2012, 09:20:22 AM »
We will have the same speculation every summer with Odemwingie if he remains at the club. I don't want to see him leave as he will be extremely difficult to replace.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 25, 2012, 09:23:39 AM »
Well he cant hold us to ransom as he's got 2 years left on current deal and won't get improved terms again. Like Olsson he's a big asset to us but I wouldn't hold onto players who want to leave. As mentioned if someone comes in with £4-5m the let him go.

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »
Who says there is anything to this rumour? Why get worked up over something that most likely doesn't even exist in the first place?

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
Who says there is anything to this rumour? Why get worked up over something that most likely doesn't even exist in the first place?
When it's direct quotes it carries a bit more weight than the usual rumour grapevine - assume they can't just totally invent quotes.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2012, 09:37:10 AM »
Let me guess, he will have been misquoted or its all been translated wrong.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:25 AM »

The only one that will know is Odemwingie. We had massive speculation last year based on very little including some quotes if I remember right, he is one of those that seems to have such speculation follow him every summer regardless of whether there is any truth to them or not. I can't say I'm taking these comments too seriously, even if he does want to leave it will be on the clubs terms.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
Scouts aint silly, they will look at his age, goal scoring record, work ethics, attitude, previous quotes to media and injury records, overall he aint someone that a top club challenging for titles will touch, I personally think he has found his limit in us, mid table prem at best. Petes problem is he needs to be loved and constantly told how great he is, if he gets that he is a top player, but we have also saw the other side of him when he just cant be arsed, sulks, blames injuries and even needed a shrink to help him through a bad patch. My personal opinion is he aint going anywhere any time soon, and he will more than likely be here next season and say the new coach changed his mind blah blah blah.
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

GrGr

• WBA Coach

« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2012, 09:48:36 AM »

Or some shyte invented by Russian/Nigerian bloggers/the gutter press? It's not as if that hasn't happened before, exactly.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
Well at least Pete gives us something to read about!

I think same as most transfer windows i would imagine some of what is printed is true, some is exaggerated, some is total rubbish. I think he seems to like having his say and a comment on most things and sometimes it goes a bit wrong!

I have no idea if the article is true or not but what i would say is that if it was, whoever brought him to the Albion did a great sales pitch on him, he said he wants to be playing for the title, he must of known when he signed that werent going to happen unless JP worked his magic on him!

I hope he stays as i think he is a matchwinner but from his side i wouldnt build my hopes on Mourinho been in touch!

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2012, 09:53:38 AM »
Long summer of speculation ahead then. Can't see why a big club would come in for him after this season, where he was far less impressive than last year, scored less goals and was injured more.

Having said all that, we do need to keep a hold of him. Proven premier league goal-scorers are not the easiest things to find.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #272 on: May 25, 2012, 10:33:58 AM »
The only one that will know is Odemwingie. We had massive speculation last year based on very little including some quotes if I remember right, he is one of those that seems to have such speculation follow him every summer regardless of whether there is any truth to them or not. I can't say I'm taking these comments too seriously, even if he does want to leave it will be on the clubs terms.

Odemwingie is an articulate guy, the quotes from him always read like they have been made by someone else to me, sort of pidgeon English.
Baggie in Southampton

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #273 on: May 25, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
Lets face it there was only Wigan interested last year so i doubt he's going to get a top 6 side challenging for silverware in the EPL.

West Ham will put in their customary stupid in bid of course.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #274 on: May 25, 2012, 06:28:24 PM »
I don't think this is a mis-quote or some kind of error. Anyone remember that Nigerian journalist before Odemwingie signed 2 years back? He basically said Odemwingie viewed us as a stepping-stone for perhaps a season or two, and then he would look for a better English club if he succeeded in England.

Well, he has undoubtedly succeeded in England and will possibly move on. We're in a very strange scenario now. Odemwingie is probably worth about £5 million due to age, but it makes you wonder what we'd do with the money? I mean, how often can you get someone with real quality (A replacement) for only £5 million.

Say what you want, his goals have been crucial for us in recent years.