Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123130 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4325 on: June 13, 2019, 11:13:15 PM »
This is like one of those nights in a pub, with a group of blokes arguing about something that you struggle to takes sides on. Well, I’m off to the bar for a refill, being as I’m the only one drinking while listening, and if I’m not back in 20 minutes, I’ve either got lucky with the barmaid, or sidled off to another pub.  ;D

:D I'm going back to watch the telly in a minute so I won't be replying tonight so might be a case of nothing to see for a while
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4326 on: June 13, 2019, 11:33:00 PM »
Just out of interest how has Sal been unethical? A key indicator in the definition of mercenary behaviour.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4327 on: June 13, 2019, 11:40:56 PM »
:D I'm going back to watch the telly in a minute so I won't be replying tonight so might be a case of nothing to see for a while
Wrong. Some bloke called Jacko has turned up, so looking like it could kick off any moment now. The barmaids not interested, so I’ve ordered a taxi.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

johnnyg

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4328 on: June 13, 2019, 11:53:33 PM »
I referred to the drug case as an example it not being released to the public in the press, no other comparison.

And again his career and nomadic existence demonstrates his mercanary tendencies imo.

You continue to hold others as mercanries and I'll continue to class him as one too.

Shovel, and hole, is starting to come to mind as to how you are structuring your argument.
Stop digging man. Give it a rest.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4329 on: June 14, 2019, 12:49:01 AM »
The drug case cannot be compared regardless of your example of it not being released, those sort of things will always be kept quiet and I would guess only a handful actually knew the real reasons.

I'm struggling to see where I hold anyone as mercenaries. I said you could "class" them as mercenaries but not called anyone one and am still awaiting why Rondon is a mercenary given you claim he has moved for more money each time (as well all aim to do in our working life when we change jobs) despite me telling you why he left Malaga (along with all the name players they signed under the current ownership when he stopped putting money in hence their drop from Champions League football to Laliga 123) and why he left Zenit which was well publicised when he joined us.

The Berahino drug test was kept secret to retain his transfer value, that why Stoke complained about not knowing about it after his purchase.

The club employs swain, an ex employee of the local press who can dictate whatever is written and the desperate local hacks, grateful for a job in publishing aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

What CLEARLY, the Newcastle article tells us he was training on his own.

He says the club arranged that, the club has not commented on it.

It would not be in the club's interests to reveal he had kicked off and demanded a transfer because of the ensuing bad publicity (eg my example of defoe's transfer request earlier).

They wanted to retain his value and not have him painted as disruptive.

Furthermore, I didn't need you to tell me about Malaga's problems as I knew about them, and again Rondon jumped ship there, as he did at Rubin Kazan too.

He stays at a club for an average 2 seasons, if that show he is mercenary in nature nothing will.

So tell me do you actually believe a footballer can be mercenary or do you believe it only applies to guns for hire?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4330 on: June 14, 2019, 08:50:41 AM »
Wolves have pulled out of the race to sign West Brom and Venezuela striker Salomon Rondon, 29, because of the cost of the deal.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4331 on: June 14, 2019, 09:10:49 AM »
The Berahino drug test was kept secret to retain his transfer value, that why Stoke complained about not knowing about it after his purchase.

The club employs swain, an ex employee of the local press who can dictate whatever is written and the desperate local hacks, grateful for a job in publishing aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

What CLEARLY, the Newcastle article tells us he was training on his own.

He says the club arranged that, the club has not commented on it.

It would not be in the club's interests to reveal he had kicked off and demanded a transfer because of the ensuing bad publicity (eg my example of defoe's transfer request earlier).

They wanted to retain his value and not have him painted as disruptive.

Furthermore, I didn't need you to tell me about Malaga's problems as I knew about them, and again Rondon jumped ship there, as he did at Rubin Kazan too.

He stays at a club for an average 2 seasons, if that show he is mercenary in nature nothing will.

So tell me do you actually believe a footballer can be mercenary or do you believe it only applies to guns for hire?

If you think Berahino is the only player where something is kept quiet and out of the press then I would 100% say you are mistaken, sometimes its in the clubs interest to keep it quiet and other times it does the club a favour in getting rid of the player, again there is no comparison to this.

So if you knew about Malagas problems then you would know why Rondon and others left the club, nothing to do with jumping ship, the club could not afford to continue paying the wages they were paying, many players they had signed on big wages had to leave. I have no idea why he left Rubin Kazan but his club received more money than they paid for him yet when he then left Zenit to come here it was for less money as again his club had to sell which was highly publicised when he joined us.

Now instead of asking me if I believe a footballer can be a mercenary and the answer is yes, do I think Rondon is? no I don't, answer the question of why Rondon is a mercenary and what he has actually done wrong as we're still waiting?

You also made a comment about him not saying anything about us in the report you linked but as pointed out he did say a few thinks on Twitter -

Salomón Rondón
✔
@salorondon23
The Baggies fans will forever be in my heart. They made me feel at home from day one & I'll be eternally grateful for how they supported my family and I. Playing at the Hawthorns and giving my all for @WBA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish you all the best.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:20:03 AM by OldburyWBA »

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4332 on: June 14, 2019, 09:37:04 AM »
In my experience few people, voluntarily, leave a job for another at less money, unless there is a promise of some description to progress or future promotion in the offing. So, I guess that makes quiet a few of us mercenaries.

I know in my working life I’ve nearly always gone to the employer prepared to pay me a higher salary and the best package, you have to look after your own interest as no one else will.

I’ve left places and had leaving do’s and thanked colleagues for there support, friendship and comradeship, which meant a lot to me, but I’ve still left and still remember them with fondness, that is possible in case anyone was wondering.

So, I admit it, “I’m a mercenary” too, welcome to the club Sol, whose membership is expanding as I type.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4333 on: June 14, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Modern footballers see themselves as a self-contained business - their image rights etc and therefore loyalty to clubs basically falls down to pay and enjoyment which is probably how the vast majority of the world works? The difference years ago was that the clubs had power and therefore loyalty meant security. These days the power is with players and therefore we just have to accept that and make sure we pay players well (without being silly) and to ensure they enjoy playing here..........Rondon is no different. He always worked his socks off for us which is more than some who have been paid just as well if not better in the past

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4334 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55:45 AM »
I'm not really getting in to the debate of Rondon being a mercenary BUT..... he did (by all accounts) spit his dummy last Jan when his dream move to China was blocked by the club!!!  ;D
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4335 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:07 AM »
I would love him to stay, think he would stand out a mile in the Championship. Maybe not in terms of goals, can't see him getting 20+, even at that level but, his all round game would terrorise Champ defenders.
Can't see it in a million years though, so just have to get every penny we can for him and invest in a target man with 20+ potential.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4336 on: June 14, 2019, 12:55:56 PM »
I'm not really getting in to the debate of Rondon being a mercenary BUT..... he did (by all accounts) spit his dummy last Jan when his dream move to China was blocked by the club!!!  ;D

I've lost the will to live so i've give up :D

But he didn't down tools and refuse to play, got on with it.

Perfect example of a mercenary for me- Nicolas Anelka or Emmanuel Adebayor, made careers out of it and very big bank accounts
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 01:01:50 PM by OldburyWBA »

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4337 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:40 PM »
I've lost the will to live so i've give up :D

But he didn't down tools and refuse to play, got on with it.

Perfect example of a mercenary for me- Nicolas Anelka or Emmanuel Adebayor, made careers out of it and very big bank accounts
Some just threaten to leave to get more money and it works a treat, Ramos for example!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4338 on: June 14, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
If you think Berahino is the only player where something is kept quiet and out of the press then I would 100% say you are mistaken, sometimes its in the clubs interest to keep it quiet and other times it does the club a favour in getting rid of the player, again there is no comparison to this.

So if you knew about Malagas problems then you would know why Rondon and others left the club, nothing to do with jumping ship, the club could not afford to continue paying the wages they were paying, many players they had signed on big wages had to leave. I have no idea why he left Rubin Kazan but his club received more money than they paid for him yet when he then left Zenit to come here it was for less money as again his club had to sell which was highly publicised when he joined us.

Now instead of asking me if I believe a footballer can be a mercenary and the answer is yes, do I think Rondon is? no I don't, answer the question of why Rondon is a mercenary and what he has actually done wrong as we're still waiting?

You also made a comment about him not saying anything about us in the report you linked but as pointed out he did say a few thinks on Twitter -

Salomón Rondón
✔
@salorondon23
The Baggies fans will forever be in my heart. They made me feel at home from day one & I'll be eternally grateful for how they supported my family and I. Playing at the Hawthorns and giving my all for @WBA has been one of the best experiences of my life. I wish you all the best.

I didn't say Berahino is the only player where the stuff hasn't come, out  I said the exact opposite, that there is a lot of stuff that doesn't come out if the club and the player/agent don't want it to come out, and that Rondon training on his own indicates to me that something did happen, whether you read about it on newsnow or not.

Furthermore, you stated that his contract may not have had a flex down clause because that was the only way to get him to sign. This article to suggests it did, and it appears JP didn't change his stance on those, but gave relegation release clauses instead from what happened with Evans and Chadli:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/25/west-brom-players-face-50-pay-cut-if-relegated/

You seem to think we wanted him out and he did us a favour by going, then why not Jrod too and the others who wanted out.

I don't believe it was because we badly wanted Gayle, just that he was available and we needed a replacement for Rondon as he wanted out, and from what was reported at the time we got him and a £2m loan fee in the swap for Rondon, it appeared a great deal, but then Dowling said we paid a loan fee for Gayle recently. So here the press got it wrong again, and we don't know what it really cost us to get Gayle as it was also reported he signed a new £55k a week at newcastle before agreeing to join us.

So depending on if we paid all of Gayle's wages or even a 2 thirds he would have cost us more in wages than Rondon after his £70k was halved.

Rondon had a release clause and no one matched it so his only other option to get his reported £70k was to go out on loan or take £35k with us and try and get us out the sh11 he helped put us in.

He chose the former.

So you think Anelka and Adebayor are mercenaries but Rondon isn't, I wager that is because you read about those in the press, but you haven't heard/read anything about Rondon, but like I said we don't know what goes on at the club, only what they and the club agent/player choose to release. I'd also argue like you state about Rondon's move from kazan to zenit that he went for a bigger fee, so did Anelka and Adebayor, in Anelka's if memory serves me right, when he went from a £500k Arsenal signing to Real Madrid it was a profit of about £25m or thereabouts, and also another massive profit when Adebayor went to Man City.

Like them he stays around for a couple of seasons and continues his nomadic, mercenary lifestyle.

For all we know he is just another Van Hooijdonk behind the scenes with an agent who doesn't use the press to instigate a move.

If it came out he was on strike or anything then we'd have a player with one year left on his contract and other clubs would know he wanted out badly and would offer stupidly low bids to try and get him as we'd be between a rock and a hard place.

Stupid bids which Newcastle have already tried by saying they would only loan us Murphy if we agreed to loan rondon to them next season knowing that he was on a free then.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4339 on: June 14, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »
West Ham have reportedly ended their interest in West Brom striker Salomon Rondon.

The striker is being heavily linked with moves away, as he has been since last summer, joining Newcastle on-loan for the entirety of last season.

Reports on the continent now claim that the Hammers are no longer interested in the striker, with Newcastle the favourites to sign him permanently.

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/2019/06/14/transfer-rumours-june-14/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4340 on: June 14, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
I didn't say Berahino is the only player where the stuff hasn't come, out  I said the exact opposite, that there is a lot of stuff that doesn't come out if the club and the player/agent don't want it to come out, and that Rondon training on his own indicates to me that something did happen, whether you read about it on newsnow or not.

Furthermore, you stated that his contract may not have had a flex down clause because that was the only way to get him to sign. This article to suggests it did, and it appears JP didn't change his stance on those, but gave relegation release clauses instead from what happened with Evans and Chadli:

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/01/25/west-brom-players-face-50-pay-cut-if-relegated/

You seem to think we wanted him out and he did us a favour by going, then why not Jrod too and the others who wanted out.

I don't believe it was because we badly wanted Gayle, just that he was available and we needed a replacement for Rondon as he wanted out, and from what was reported at the time we got him and a £2m loan fee in the swap for Rondon, it appeared a great deal, but then Dowling said we paid a loan fee for Gayle recently. So here the press got it wrong again, and we don't know what it really cost us to get Gayle as it was also reported he signed a new £55k a week at newcastle before agreeing to join us.

So depending on if we paid all of Gayle's wages or even a 2 thirds he would have cost us more in wages than Rondon after his £70k was halved.

Rondon had a release clause and no one matched it so his only other option to get his reported £70k was to go out on loan or take £35k with us and try and get us out the sh11 he helped put us in.

He chose the former.

So you think Anelka and Adebayor are mercenaries but Rondon isn't, I wager that is because you read about those in the press, but you haven't heard/read anything about Rondon, but like I said we don't know what goes on at the club, only what they and the club agent/player choose to release. I'd also argue like you state about Rondon's move from kazan to zenit that he went for a bigger fee, so did Anelka and Adebayor, in Anelka's if memory serves me right, when he went from a £500k Arsenal signing to Real Madrid it was a profit of about £25m or thereabouts, and also another massive profit when Adebayor went to Man City.

Like them he stays around for a couple of seasons and continues his nomadic, mercenary lifestyle.

For all we know he is just another Van Hooijdonk behind the scenes with an agent who doesn't use the press to instigate a move.

If it came out he was on strike or anything then we'd have a player with one year left on his contract and other clubs would know he wanted out badly and would offer stupidly low bids to try and get him as we'd be between a rock and a hard place.

Stupid bids which Newcastle have already tried by saying they would only loan us Murphy if we agreed to loan rondon to them next season knowing that he was on a free then.

I was mentioning you banging on and comparing Berahino to Rondon, there is no comparision, one was a druggie and one was not. You keep going off on tangents to try to make some sort of justification about something and to be honest you're losing me as i'm losing the will to live.

Yes I did state he may not have had a flex down clause as I don't know but it does also state 4 players have release clauses, one of which may be Rondon but that release clause may also have a set price which was not met hence the club wanting him out as much as he wants to leave. Haven't mentioned Gayle at all so another tangent.

JRod wanted to leave but was happy to stay as the club had supported him throughout the Bong issues and stated he would not make a big deal of it hence we seem to have agreed to let him go at a reduced price this Summer, again no comparison.

Anelka and Adebayor are football mercenaries, no I don't rely on reading the press but thats for presuming. Not sure how you can again compare the career of Rondon to those 2 either, as for Van Hooijdonk his stories again were well publicised.

Did Rondon refuse to train or go on strike?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4341 on: June 14, 2019, 05:13:05 PM »

He chose the former.

What a hill to die on...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4342 on: June 14, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
I just hope someone comes in for him soon. This is getting too much.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4343 on: June 14, 2019, 05:43:29 PM »
I just hope someone comes in for him soon. This is getting too much.

Which one, Oldbury, Balis or Rondon?  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4344 on: June 14, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
Which one, Oldbury, Balis or Rondon?  ;D

Sooner the better, i'm getting headache from banging it against the wall  :D

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4345 on: June 14, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »
I was mentioning you banging on and comparing Berahino to Rondon, there is no comparision, one was a druggie and one was not. You keep going off on tangents to try to make some sort of justification about something and to be honest you're losing me as i'm losing the will to live.

Yes I did state he may not have had a flex down clause as I don't know but it does also state 4 players have release clauses, one of which may be Rondon but that release clause may also have a set price which was not met hence the club wanting him out as much as he wants to leave. Haven't mentioned Gayle at all so another tangent.

JRod wanted to leave but was happy to stay as the club had supported him throughout the Bong issues and stated he would not make a big deal of it hence we seem to have agreed to let him go at a reduced price this Summer, again no comparison.

Anelka and Adebayor are football mercenaries, no I don't rely on reading the press but thats for presuming. Not sure how you can again compare the career of Rondon to those 2 either, as for Van Hooijdonk his stories again were well publicised.

Did Rondon refuse to train or go on strike?

There are no tangents, which appear to be trying to create.

For the umpteenth time I have not said there is any comparison between Berahino and his drug ban and rondon.

I said that EXAMPLE, shows any story can be suppressed if the desire is there, that is all.

Gayle, I mentioned to say that he had potentially cost us more in wages than rondon after his flex down.

So given that Adebayor and Anelka didn't go on strike, what is the difference between them and rondon's career trajectory?

He moves club every 2 years or so like them.

Regarding Jrod. I read the same newsnow pages as you, but if the club were desperate to get rondon's wages off the table why not jrod's too?

Maybe they wanted to keep both.

Again just because you didn't read about, doesn't mean it didn't happen, he was training on his own, and whatever he threatened or didn't threaten doesn't ALWAYS, come out in the press.

Furthermore, pay me £70k a week for 2 years and I will send anybody any message on Facebook, knowing that if I flop I can come back to at best £70k again or at worst £35k.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4346 on: June 14, 2019, 07:24:36 PM »
There are no tangents, which appear to be trying to create.

For the umpteenth time I have not said there is any comparison between Berahino and his drug ban and rondon.

I said that EXAMPLE, shows any story can be suppressed if the desire is there, that is all.

Gayle, I mentioned to say that he had potentially cost us more in wages than rondon after his flex down.

So given that Adebayor and Anelka didn't go on strike, what is the difference between them and rondon's career trajectory?

He moves club every 2 years or so like them.

Regarding Jrod. I read the same newsnow pages as you, but if the club were desperate to get rondon's wages off the table why not jrod's too?

Maybe they wanted to keep both.

Again just because you didn't read about, doesn't mean it didn't happen, he was training on his own, and whatever he threatened or didn't threaten doesn't ALWAYS, come out in the press.

Furthermore, pay me £70k a week for 2 years and I will send anybody any message on Facebook, knowing that if I flop I can come back to at best £70k again or at worst £35k.

I'm not going off on tangents, this is about Rondon not Berahino as you brought up with no comparison at all, Berahino's actions were kept quiet as they were drug issues, I would hazard a guess there will be other players around the world whos action are kept quiet for various reasons which is not easy to do these days.

If Dawson and Chadli refusing to do things are well known then why not about Rondon? It stated in the articles that talks began 2 months before the date of the article you linked (17th August) which takes it back to June that Newcastle were interested therefore it was in the clubs interest to keep him away from any danger of injury to get his wages off the bill, we do know from another article you linked 4 players had release clauses, only issue was it seems no one triggered any of those fees with the exception of Evans who's was stupidly low. If it had been triggered then I guess Rondon would be gone on a permanent deal as I would expect JRod but no-one met the trigger.

Maybe the club did want to keep both, who knows, maybe they were prepared to let one go and the interest in Rondon was more valuable than that of JRod.

Not interested in Gayle as this is about Rondon and your false claims about him jumping ship each time which he hasn't done. Again, he left Malaga when the club had issues after the owner stopped putting money in as again they needed to axe the big wage earners. He left Zenit to come here after clubs had to reduce the number of foreign players, again well publicised.

Adebayor was fined by Spurs for refusing to go on a tour , isn't that basically going on strike ? Anelka has had well publicised issues at times with clubs, not sure i've ever seen Rondon linked with the same issues.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4347 on: June 14, 2019, 08:35:08 PM »
I'm not going off on tangents, this is about Rondon not Berahino as you brought up with no comparison at all, Berahino's actions were kept quiet as they were drug issues, I would hazard a guess there will be other players around the world whos action are kept quiet for various reasons which is not easy to do these days.

If Dawson and Chadli refusing to do things are well known then why not about Rondon? It stated in the articles that talks began 2 months before the date of the article you linked (17th August) which takes it back to June that Newcastle were interested therefore it was in the clubs interest to keep him away from any danger of injury to get his wages off the bill, we do know from another article you linked 4 players had release clauses, only issue was it seems no one triggered any of those fees with the exception of Evans who's was stupidly low. If it had been triggered then I guess Rondon would be gone on a permanent deal as I would expect JRod but no-one met the trigger.

Maybe the club did want to keep both, who knows, maybe they were prepared to let one go and the interest in Rondon was more valuable than that of JRod.

Not interested in Gayle as this is about Rondon and your false claims about him jumping ship each time which he hasn't done. Again, he left Malaga when the club had issues after the owner stopped putting money in as again they needed to axe the big wage earners. He left Zenit to come here after clubs had to reduce the number of foreign players, again well publicised.

Adebayor was fined by Spurs for refusing to go on a tour , isn't that basically going on strike ? Anelka has had well publicised issues at times with clubs, not sure i've ever seen Rondon linked with the same issues.

Again, just because you have not heard about it, it does not mean he didn't force the issue.

You can defend him however much you want he is no different from the 2 players you named.

You keep on mentioning Malaga, but what about his other moves?

He moves whenever he is offered more elsewhere.

It's been mentioned by another poster he spat his dummy out when his China move was thwarted by TP,  so just because you didn't read about what happened for him to get  his move doesn't mean nothing went on.

There is no distinction between the 2 you class as mercenaries and Rondon other than he couldn't lace either boot when it came to being goalscorer.

I read that article last, and I felt he was ungrateful and a mercenary and he also that the clue he was training on his own suggested something went on.

But, here you have him training on his own.

He could have done fitness training with rest and not take part in any contact later into their preparations.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4348 on: June 14, 2019, 08:44:23 PM »
Again, just because you have not heard about it, it does not mean he didn't force the issue.

You can defend him however much you want he is no different from the 2 players you named.

You keep on mentioning Malaga, but what about his other moves?

He moves whenever he is offered more elsewhere.

It's been mentioned by another poster he spat his dummy out when his China move was thwarted by TP,  so just because you didn't read about what happened for him to get  his move doesn't mean nothing went on.

There is no distinction between the 2 you class as mercenaries and Rondon other than he couldn't lace either boot when it came to being goalscorer.

I read that article last, and I felt he was ungrateful and a mercenary and he also that the clue he was training on his own suggested something went on.

But, here you have him training on his own.

He could have done fitness training with rest and not take part in any contact later into their preparations.

His other moves, firstly he like 99% of South America players moved to Europe so I guess in your mind they are all mercenaries, he moved from Las Palmas to Malaga which I guess was a step up so must be a mercenary. He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club, he left them as stated as they had to reduce the number of foreign players.

He moves whenever he is offered more money ? well he's not going to agree to less is he? name a player that would?

Yep, he probably was upset when he couldn't move to China, didn't down tools though and was in the team all the way through it.

Again, if he had refused to train we would know, not much is kept quiet these days hence we know about Foster and Robinson saying one thing in the press and other things away from the press.

He obviously wasn't training on his own the whole while if he took part in a couple of friendlies.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:46:46 PM by OldburyWBA »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4349 on: June 14, 2019, 09:08:18 PM »
His other moves, firstly he like 99% of South America players moved to Europe so I guess in your mind they are all mercenaries, he moved from Las Palmas to Malaga which I guess was a step up so must be a mercenary. He left Malaga as explained to join Rubin, he left those I have no idea why possibly step up as Zenit are a big club, he left them as stated as they had to reduce the number of foreign players.

He moves whenever he is offered more money ? well he's not going to agree to less is he? name a player that would?

Yep, he probably was upset when he couldn't move to China, didn't down tools though and was in the team all the way through it.

Again, if he had refused to train we would know, not much is kept quiet these days hence we know about Foster and Robinson saying one thing in the press and other things away from the press.

He obviously wasn't training on his own the whole while if he took part in a couple of friendlies.

So what is the difference between the two you mention and Rondon,  other than what you read about the other 2 much more high profile players?

You keep believing what you want about him, and I will continue thinking of him as a mercenary who moves for a better offer at the drop of a hat, even after others stay to try to rectify the situation they crested.