Author Topic: mark Jenkins - the silence is deafening  (Read 9663 times)

fosse

• WBA Newbie

Re: mark Jenkins - the silence is deafening
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2018, 05:35:21 PM »
cheaper to sack pardew after we are relegated, his pay is cut as well as the players.saves the club a million quid. :-*

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2018, 02:59:09 PM »
cheaper to sack pardew after we are relegated, his pay is cut as well as the players.saves the club a million quid. :-*

But this is the central point isn't it.

The Board should never have allowed a situation to develop so that they are painted into a corner over £1m!! You have to hope they see relegation as an opportunity now to get rid of the prima donnas, slash the wages and reboot the club.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »

The Board should never have allowed a situation to develop so that they are painted into a corner over £1m!! You have to hope they see relegation as an opportunity now to get rid of the prima donnas, slash the wages and reboot the club.
you don’t hire Tony Pulis if you believe in the word “budget”

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2018, 03:36:17 PM »

No-one can believe that the £1m quid (i question that figure but its irrelevant) is what is holding the club up from any action.
As has been said many times the club needs a MAJOR overhaul and changing the manager is only one item on a very very long list.

I imagine there is a long list of employees which will being pared down imminently, some if not most of these will not be in the fortunate position of having earned millions and the prospect of moving onto other highly lucrative contracts.

My heart goes out to people like the ground staff at the academy and kitchen staff in the players canteen who don't know what the future is and will not walk into other jobs and none of this is their fault they are innocent bystanders, its really sad and I'm sure the likes of Players / managers et al will not give it a seconds thought.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2018, 04:10:05 PM »
Albionic - nail on the head. For all the focus on Pardew, there is a much bigger picture here now. As a club, we'll have to almost start from scratch in the summer. Yes players will leave, yes Pardew will leave but also, the heart and core of the club will likely be ripped out by relegation. This will be like knocking down a huge 5 bedroom house to rebuild a small two up down house on the same plot but with the hope that you can one day rebuild the house back up to a five bed.

This is felt in all businesses when profits are hit but not to the extent and speed it hits football clubs following relegation. It's mad and sad but we'll probably see the club fall apart before it can be rebuilt.

The overall irony is it is the bunch on the pitch and those who've walked away (Pulis) will walk away least affected by it all!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2018, 09:03:24 AM »
It's mad and sad but we'll probably see the club fall apart before it can be rebuilt.

I agree with most of what you said there - but we've already fallen apart.

If there is a major reboot to come then I welcome it. I'm worried we may well do a Sunderland for sure, but as things stand, big changes are necessary.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
what`s going to be boards excuse for not sacking this idiot after yet another gutless performance ???

andibaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2018, 05:13:31 PM »
Some of the lads had a go today to be fair but we are clueless across the pitch.
Baggiessssssssssssssssssssssssssss....

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:43 AM »
what`s going to be boards excuse for not sacking this idiot after yet another gutless performance ???

I thought the performance for 75 minutes was actually committed and we held our own. There was a distinct lack of quality but I wouldn't question the commitment for that game. The excuse for a sacking should come for his woeful substitutions yet again that have cost us yet another game.