Poll

Is there any part of you that is excited for the coming year(s)

Yes
122 (56.2%)
No
95 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 217

Author Topic: POLL: Does anyone hold any excitement for next season?  (Read 16427 times)

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

POLL: Does anyone hold any excitement for next season?
« on: February 28, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
I’m going to admit to being quite excited to see what happens over the summer, next season and beyond.

1. A likely new manager
2. A likely high turnover of players
3. Hopefully a new structure/personnel  from owner downwards and with that and a new manager maybe a new direction and system.
4. The chance to win more football matches
5. Play some big clubs in a great league with great stadiums.

I’m been bored sh1tless over the last 3 years. I’m excited to see what will come.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: POLL: Does anyone hold any excitement for next season?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 03:51:07 PM »
Totally agree mate,champions of the championship eh?

P Anderson

• Site Donator
  • Junior Baggie

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
This 100%, a plan that we will stick too, that is communicated to the fans.
Submariners go deeper

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 04:37:27 PM »

Haha I’m not sure about that. What are the parachute payments? 3 years? Id like there to be time to really set up a new system without losing them, so I would be happy with another crack at the PL in 3 years. I don’t think an instant return would address our problems.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »
Always excited by the Baggies, come what may.  I would love us to boss the Championship next year.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:43 PM »

I'm pretty sure thats tongue in cheek, but we need to be careful not to sound like our uglier cousins from witton with statements like this :(

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
Depends how you define 'excitement'. Being chased by a horde of particularly rabid hounds is probably quite exciting too. Likewise battling relegation to League 1 à la Birmingham City...

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 05:49:26 PM »
Can't wait for this season to end no matter what division we are in next, it as been awful one of the worst i have witnessed, so yes i'm excited about having a complete change and having a real go at winning some games next season.

Big Al

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 06:34:36 PM »
Not had a season ticket for 3 years, already put the money to one side ready. Prem has become boring for me and looking forward to a league where we could be competitive.
I accept it is good to eat at the top table but the chance to win a reasonable number of matches is something to relish.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 06:42:15 PM »
Excitement? Total opposite. It's going to be a horrendous summer in my opinion. The potential to head into our first league game next season with more or less a new squad and who knows in charge is frightening.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 07:12:22 PM »
Yes looking forward to next season.
Main reason is that we will have a goal. We need to win games, we need as many points as possible, not 38 then go to the beach.
Hopefully we'll also see a new manager and a new and better support structure put into place. Hopefully Mr Lai sounds JP out to seek advice on the way forward, and see where the baton was dropped this season.
I would imagine we'll be one of the favourites to get promoted so the pressure will be on from the off, we will therefore need a support structure in place to oversee such aproject
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 07:19:08 PM »
If we somehow stay up. Yes.

Otherwise no. It's going to be a very long road back.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 08:43:07 PM »
Excitement? Total opposite. It's going to be a horrendous summer in my opinion. The potential to head into our first league game next season with more or less a new squad and who knows in charge is frightening.
Staying with the current squad (which wouldn't be possible anyway because of loans and contracts ending whatever division we are in, and release clauses if we get relegated) and the current manager, now that would be frightening

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »
Wonder if ticket prices will be frozen if we go down. I imagine we'll lose quite a lot of the home gate as it is due to being relegated.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 08:45:55 PM »
If we somehow stay up. Yes.

Otherwise no. It's going to be a very long road back.

Totally agree with this comment. Hate the thought of the championship full stop.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »
Wonder if ticket prices will be frozen if we go down. I imagine we'll lose quite a lot of the home gate as it is due to being relegated.

6 extra games. Increase mate, Jenkins modus operandi.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 08:55:19 PM »

6 extra games. Increase mate, Jenkins modus operandi.

Wish I could disagree but could see this happening. Inferior product though to be fair.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 10:39:54 PM »
I’ll let you know when our fate is decided.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 10:50:27 PM »
Wish I could disagree but could see this happening. Inferior product though to be fair.
Inferior? How can it be any more inferior to what we have been watching for the past two and half years?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 11:03:16 PM »
Yes change is good and change is going to come. We are at such a low ebb the only way will be up shortly.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 06:58:04 AM »
it will bring a bit of hope and certainly expectation but whether or not the owner and club will be capable of matching those expectations is debatable.

I see a rocky road ahead .

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »
 Its when you park your car,have a look in the store,put your ticket into the reader,walk in through the turnstile,buy the programme,drink your bovril ,walk into the theatre of play,look at that famous green grass you know your home.
I always look forward to those baggie butterflies of apprehension and excitement in the hope of the win.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 08:40:08 AM »
Its when you park your car,have a look in the store,put your ticket into the reader,walk in through the turnstile,buy the programme,drink your bovril ,walk into the theatre of play,look at that famous green grass you know your home.
I always look forward to those baggie butterflies of apprehension and excitement in the hope of the win.

Exactly, and that happens whatever league you're in. I'm so bored of the PL.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
Have not done the poll. Personally I fear for us whatever league we are in. There is no sign of big investment nor does there seem to be too much of a plan or strategy. Apathy and indecision rules at boardroom level, and we have an owner who appears to have bought a 'brand name' in the biggest league in the world. He can go in several directions at this point in time, and if he wants to get some of his money back, then I don't really see a bright future. At present, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2018, 09:17:27 AM »
Have not done the poll. Personally I fear for us whatever league we are in. There is no sign of big investment nor does there seem to be too much of a plan or strategy. Apathy and indecision rules at boardroom level, and we have an owner who appears to have bought a 'brand name' in the biggest league in the world. He can go in several directions at this point in time, and if he wants to get some of his money back, then I don't really see a bright future. At present, there is no evidence to suggest otherwise.

A poster on another thread talked about the Chinese ethos of Face & Profit, & while I agree, the Profit element isn't in WBAFC.

The owner wouldn't want the club to run at a loss, but it's the global exposure of his Palm landscaping business via TV which is attractive to GL,

Allegedly the relegated clubs tend to get more TV exposure for the first season, but even then, the audiences are nowhere near as big as the Premier League.

Before he was sacked, John Williams described relegation as grim, in the context above, it's not difficult to see why
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?