Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2535169 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10825 on: May 11, 2020, 09:54:41 PM »
I genuinely think that he tried to resurrect his career with us just before he left, and then made an effort to do so at Stoke too (I actually believe his drink driving fiasco which got him released from Stoke).

However, in his final 6 months of playing with us and his few years at Stoke he was awful. You could see at Stoke in particular he was desperate to succeed and be loved, and even at times with us I think he wanted to be recapture his old form.
But that year out or whatever it was just completely ruined him. He's now scored 1 in 3 in the Belgium league which isn't great. I do genuinely feel sorry for him and hope he turns it around, but I don't think he could ever make it again in the Championship or above, I feel time has passed him by in that sense and no matter how dedicated and mature he is now, it's simply not enough and his chance has deserted him.

Not sure Glen Johnson would agree, I think it was on Talksport he said that Saido was constantly late, turned up in the incorrect kit for training and games and then the whole squad had to suffer after one thing he did but Saido phoned in sick.

They had a tit for tat couple of paper stories but even Peter Crouch said “I was in the same dressing room as Glen Johnson and Saido Berahino.”

“I’m not going to say Glen was wrong.”

“There was many players in the dressing room who didn’t pull their weight.”
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10826 on: May 11, 2020, 10:12:50 PM »
Looking at Berahino dispassionately I would not have him back there isn't the tactical fit he is absolutely not the player he was nor anything like the player he might have been. Would I love the 21 year old Berahino to have been coached by Slaven Bilic to see how things turned out? Yes, but that isn't what is on offer.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10827 on: May 11, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »
I’d rather have coronavirus than see Berahino in an Albion kit again.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 10:33:39 PM by BB74 »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10828 on: May 11, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »
Didn't he put the blame on the club and those here for his failure with us? I remember him celebrating when his transfer to Stoke went through.  So if it was all West Brom's fault, how come he failed at Stoke?
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10829 on: May 12, 2020, 03:27:19 AM »
Would he offer more than Austin if we got promoted probably. Would I want him back probably not.

As many of you have alluded to. We need to really strengthen up top or we will have a hard time if we got promoted. Mowbray side relied on goals from midfield they didn't really come I fear the same under billic
O Albion we love you

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10830 on: May 12, 2020, 06:58:54 AM »
Much as I would love a top form Berahino to be playing for us, I think that ship has sailed, he has severe attitude problems and his potential to be a corrosive influence should not be underestimated, so it's a no from me, sorry Saido, you had a gift and an opportunity most people can only dream of, you threw it away, seduced by greed and excess.
Baggie in Southampton

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10831 on: May 12, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »
Didn't he put the blame on the club and those here for his failure with us? I remember him celebrating when his transfer to Stoke went through.  So if it was all West Brom's fault, how come he failed at Stoke?

It is worth watching the interview. He is contrite about many aspects of his career - its almost as though he has banged his head and some common sense fell into place. Tells you all about Peace and the failed transfer, his life story, the best player he has seen at West Brom etc

I was firmly in the 'not over my dead body camp' but I watched that yesterday and wondered what he would be like in a team containing Periera etc I would not be adverse to him training with us but my god he has got to pull up some trees......I am still 90% no but we all know what he was capable of and it is better than any of our current incumbents skillsets [IMO of course].

In answer to the question about failing at Stoke, I think everyone failed at Stoke when he was there, just read the reams of complaints on Oatcake, they were not happy with any of their team at the time.

MAGA!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10832 on: May 12, 2020, 08:33:12 AM »
Even after all that has gone before, I would be happier giving him a trial , than some who we have trialled and even given short term contracts to.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10833 on: May 12, 2020, 09:30:17 AM »
We seem to have a happy squad who all get on? So why would we want him back? Glenn Johnson said he was the worst Footballer he had ever played with that's good enough for me. Plus the last couple of months with us he was dusgusting. So it's a definite NO from me.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10834 on: May 12, 2020, 09:56:27 AM »
He was good for about 6 months, then an absolute waste after that, he was given chance after chance by the club.  He went to Stoke, scored 1 in about 18 months or something, and had the EXACT same attitude problems.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10835 on: May 12, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
I get the feeling he will be back in England soon. I would be amazed if it was with us though. Plenty of championship clubs will consider him if the finances are right.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10836 on: May 12, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »
At one time I would say on a free give h a try but when you get reminded about his disruptive antics just think what he could do to our younger lads who are in our squad now,so its a big no now.he's blown it for me.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10837 on: May 12, 2020, 12:43:19 PM »
Not a prayer thanks... Was always overrated in my view and never proved himself over a prolonged period. As for his attitude... don't start me on that.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10838 on: May 12, 2020, 02:38:49 PM »
A no from me. Too much bad blood. Has had a poor attitude for most of his career not just with us but at Stoke too...Lambert had him training with the kids because of it.
Had a couple of good seasons for us and looked the real deal. Scoring 20 goals in all comps in a season playing in a Pulis side should not be sniffed at however he did go 2 years without scoring at Stoke and only managed 3 goals in 51 apps for them.
He has managed 6 goals in 17 apps for Zulte Waregem.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiedom

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #10839 on: May 12, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »
No thanks end of

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #10840 on: May 12, 2020, 05:44:52 PM »
I would make him crawl through the academy and give a seminar on what he did wrong to all the U21 players. The he could start in U21's and reward him accordingly, IF he did all this and showed the required results then yes he could advance.

no chance of it happening, so no chance of him coming back.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10841 on: May 12, 2020, 07:07:50 PM »
No thanks, its always about him.
He couldn't even bother to turn up on time for training either here of at Stoke.
Shows a total lack of respect for someone who came from such humble beginnings
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10842 on: May 12, 2020, 11:28:54 PM »
Makes me laugh when he directly implies nobody told him he was being a bell'.

Not even the other players in the dressing room who apparently did. Not even the management team of the time who apparently did. Not even the then chairman who apparently also did. Not even a former manager who went on to manage England who apparently did. Not even a former technical director who went on to front up the FA as technical director, and who now does such things for plastic Albion in the Prem' apparently did either.

As for what they told him during his time at Stoke I've no idea. But a former team mate from his spell there, who had performed to the level of a full England international, was in no doubt of what he thought of him. I can't think where such an impression could have come from either. Obviously some kind of disrespectful 'fool'.

Dare say none of the magistrates or solicitors etc he's come into contact with over the years have ever told him he should buck his ideas up either. Well apart from the ones who did as a matter of public record of course. I know for a fact a number of our supporters definitely did online. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find several repeated their thoughts to his face on more than one occasion either. But then I suppose if they had they would have just been 'fools', rather like the journalists outside court were on his last appearance there.

Begs the question as to what his mother was doing at the time and whether he actually listened/listens to her, never mind his now numerous ex baby mommas. Or even whether he listens to himself in his quiet moments. Perhaps that's what this is about, his quiet moments. But why now? How has the white noise of distraction cleared from his ears? Has the light finally shone upon his darkened mind?

Could it be the penny has finally dropped? His Damascus moment has finally arrived via much of his bible reading and online quotations? Could it be he is a just a WUM and is taking the letter P for attentions sake? Or could it be his gravy train is running ever short of the juice which funds his other juices and associated vices? Who knows? And quite frankly, despite the protracted nature of my constipated thoughts I couldn't really give a .........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10843 on: May 13, 2020, 10:11:30 AM »

Not even the other players in the dressing room who apparently did. Not even the management team of the time who apparently did. Not even the then chairman who apparently also did. Not even a former manager who went on to manage England who apparently did. Not even a former technical director who went on to front up the FA as technical director, and who now does such things for plastic Albion in the Prem' apparently did either.

As for what they told him during his time at Stoke I've no idea. But a former team mate from his spell there, who had performed to the level of a full England international, was in no doubt of what he thought of him. I can't think where such an impression could have come from either. Obviously some kind of disrespectful 'fool'.

Dare say none of the magistrates or solicitors etc he's come into contact with over the years have ever told him he should buck his ideas up either. Well apart from the ones who did as a matter of public record of course. I know for a fact a number of our supporters definitely did online. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find several repeated their thoughts to his face on more than one occasion either. But then I suppose if they had they would have just been 'fools', rather like the journalists outside court were on his last appearance there.

Begs the question as to what his mother was doing at the time and whether he actually listened/listens to her, never mind his now numerous ex baby mommas. Or even whether he listens to himself in his quiet moments. Perhaps that's what this is about, his quiet moments. But why now? How has the white noise of distraction cleared from his ears? Has the light finally shone upon his darkened mind?

Could it be the penny has finally dropped? His Damascus moment has finally arrived via much of his bible reading and online quotations? Could it be he is a just a WUM and is taking the letter P for attentions sake? Or could it be his gravy train is running ever short of the juice which funds his other juices and associated vices? Who knows? And quite frankly, despite the protracted nature of my constipated thoughts I couldn't really give a .........
From your list of options, my money would be on this one.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10844 on: May 13, 2020, 01:17:41 PM »

I can say nothing that could possibly add to this piece of brilliance  ;D

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10845 on: May 13, 2020, 01:49:06 PM »

So is that a no then Dan?
MAGA!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10846 on: May 13, 2020, 04:17:00 PM »
Would rather stick petrol soaked wasps in my eyes than see him in an Albion shirt again.
Only stripes I'd like to see him wearing are those of HMP Winson Green, that would, hopefully, and deservedly, complete his fall from "grace" and seal his fate once and for all!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10847 on: May 13, 2020, 09:09:15 PM »
I have said that I think he would be a bad influence on our younger players so my vote was no thanks.
The comments on here are very damming , I wonder how all these holier than though fans havnt made any mistakes in their late teens early twenties?
What makes a footballer a target for ridicule.
Perhaps all these so called icons like Berahino and other rather nasty people some names I can't just recall,but we know who they are,would be just the same in our world, ill wait for you guys to list them for me.
Just thinking...

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10848 on: May 13, 2020, 09:16:36 PM »
Sorry chap but I haven't got the foggiest as to what you're on about.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10849 on: May 13, 2020, 10:24:35 PM »
I have said that I think he would be a bad influence on our younger players so my vote was no thanks.
The comments on here are very damming , I wonder how all these holier than though fans havnt made any mistakes in their late teens early twenties?
What makes a footballer a target for ridicule.
Perhaps all these so called icons like Berahino and other rather nasty people some names I can't just recall,but we know who they are,would be just the same in our world, ill wait for you guys to list them for me.
Just thinking...

And drinking?🤔😁
Baggie in Southampton