Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 781342 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3550 on: June 06, 2021, 07:06:22 PM »
2nd 11 for me
No pen
Grealish cheating again
Pleased we won though

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3551 on: June 06, 2021, 07:22:09 PM »
Lack of first team players and no continuity showed. Grealish, Johnstone played well. Bellingham good when he came on and JWP making a push for that last squad place.

Not sure how I feel about our first team not getting a single warm up game together pre tournament, but I don't have high hopes anyway with how things have fell.

Grealish won't start against Croatia but should seriously be considered at some stage. Had he been playing for Spurs these last few years, he would be a starter and likely being looked at by a club like Real Madrid right now, he is sensational.

Fans booed the players off at half time. I know it wasn't a great performance but do you really want to do that in our last game? Fingers crossed Middlesbrough doesn't get another England game for a generation.
Boing Boing

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3552 on: June 06, 2021, 07:22:37 PM »
Clearly not a penalty he played for it and even carried on when he hit the ground if he did that against our team we would be fuming but because it's for England many will ignore the cheating.
Micheal Owen used to win a few penalties so not the first player but I can't warm to this bloke at all he's just a scumy git.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3553 on: June 06, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
Lack of first team players and no continuity showed. Grealish, Johnstone played well. Bellingham good when he came on and JWP making a push for that last squad place.

Not sure how I feel about our first team not getting a single warm up game together pre tournament, but I don't have high hopes anyway with how things have fell.

Grealish won't start against Croatia but should seriously be considered at some stage. Had he been playing for Spurs these last few years, he would be a starter and likely being looked at by a club like Real Madrid right now, he is sensational.

Fans booed the players off at half time. I know it wasn't a great performance but do you really want to do that in our last game? Fingers crossed Middlesbrough doesn't get another England game for a generation.
Why wouldn't you want Boro to get another game you would be a rare fan indeed if you have never booed your football team.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3554 on: June 06, 2021, 07:44:30 PM »
Whether we like him or not, Grealish has to start when the real thing begins. A class player without doubt.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3555 on: June 06, 2021, 07:48:40 PM »
Great save Johnstone

Apart from a couple of kicks that went out of play, Sam played better than Pickford against Austria who nearly gave the win away with a dreadful punch.

That said, I expect Pickford to play against Croatia in spite of Sam’s superior performance.

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3556 on: June 06, 2021, 08:02:23 PM »
Whether we like him or not, Grealish has to start when the real thing begins. A class player without doubt.

He is still a CHEATING  see you next Thursday. Always was always will be. Has talent but what he has is based on him being rewarded for activities against the laws of the game. Repeat - he is a cheat. Vile, England or God forbid even WBA, Grealish is still a cheat

Thought SJ had a decent game, just the one flap into danger and one punch out accidentally to one of his team mates. Plus the one superb recovery save that probably earned us the win. Well done Sam.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:05:10 PM by wodenson46 »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #3557 on: June 06, 2021, 08:08:03 PM »
Why wouldn't you want Boro to get another game you would be a rare fan indeed if you have never booed your football team.

And then booing Watkins onto the field and incessantly chanting Patrick Bamford...

To boo the team at half time just before a tournament is ridiculous. What are they hoping to achieve?

They were in a fortunate position of being able to attend after nigh on 12 months of football without supporters. They should have made the most of it rather than playing the daft one.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3558 on: June 06, 2021, 08:15:24 PM »

I don't boo Albion off, I certainly wouldn't boo my team off as they prepare for a major tournament where we have a chance of winning. As Liam says, the Watkins/Bamford rubbish from the Leeds contingent narked as well.

rubbish support.

We need home advantage to count this year - even with the injuries we have players capable of winning the thing.
Boing Boing

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3559 on: June 06, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
And then booing Watkins onto the field and incessantly chanting Patrick Bamford...

To boo the team at half time just before a tournament is ridiculous. What are they hoping to achieve?

They were in a fortunate position of being able to attend after nigh on 12 months of football without supporters. They should have made the most of it rather than playing the daft one.
I don't know about individual moments I don't have a TV License but the England team at the moment is a PR disaster and resentment is running deep, as I understand it all these fans are signed up England supporters so they care deeply about the team.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3560 on: June 06, 2021, 08:20:10 PM »
I don't boo Albion off, I certainly wouldn't boo my team off as they prepare for a major tournament where we have a chance of winning. As Liam says, the Watkins/Bamford rubbish from the Leeds contingent narked as well.

rubbish support.

We need home advantage to count this year - even with the injuries we have players capable of winning the thing.
Read my post below, home advantage will count for zip this year the team and fans are pulling in different directions.
I will add that the booing must be causing bad vibes in the England camp the blame for that lies with the powers that be not the fans imo.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 08:39:18 PM by KYA »

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3561 on: June 06, 2021, 08:20:35 PM »
My problem with this friendly lark before a tournament is not playing the vast majority of the 1st teamand expecting them to just turn up and gel, just like that.
I hope it works out OK but I am worried that it will not.
With our best 11 on the pitch with a couple of warm up games I think we could beat anybody but without a run out I'm worried.
Also has our manager only got one suit, and a scruffy one at that, no belt either what's going on? 

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3562 on: June 06, 2021, 08:50:57 PM »
I don't know about individual moments I don't have a TV License but the England team at the moment is a PR disaster and resentment is running deep, as I understand it all these fans are signed up England supporters so they care deeply about the team.

World Cup semi finalists, a brilliant qualification campaign, 3rd place in the nations league in 2018/2019, a likeable group of players and possibly our best squad of players in my lifetime.

I don’t really understand how resentment can be run in deep. This isn’t McLaren’s England. Most fans seem to be really positive about our chances.

Just poor support. I’d rather they didn’t go to games if they want to boo the players off for being 0-0 in a friendly if I’m honest.
Boing Boing

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3563 on: June 06, 2021, 08:59:16 PM »
World Cup semi finalists, a brilliant qualification campaign, 3rd place in the nations league in 2018/2019, a likeable group of players and possibly our best squad of players in my lifetime.

I don’t really understand how resentment can be run in deep. This isn’t McLaren’s England. Most fans seem to be really positive about our chances.

Just poor support. I’d rather they didn’t go to games if they want to boo the players off for being 0-0 in a friendly if I’m honest.
I would love to expand on what you have said but rules are rules suffice to say I see it differently but eh wouldn't it be boring if we all agreed on everything.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3564 on: June 08, 2021, 10:20:53 PM »
Away from the Euro’s, Callum Hudson-Odoi is on “holiday” in Ghana at the moment. It’s clear however that it is more than just a holiday and it is looking increasingly likely that he is going to switch international allegiance to Ghana next year. It is a blow as at 20, he could yet go on to become world class, but I get the decision with so many players coming through in the wide positions.

It does however make me a bit nervous. It seems to be a bit of a trend that a number of players are considering this option. Most seem to be making the call once it becomes clear they aren’t part of the England squad plans, including a large contingent of Anglo-Jamaicans who are in the process of declaring for Jamaica (who should have a squad capable of challenging the US, Mexico and the Latin American sides soon). There are however more like Hudson-Odoi making the move a bit younger. Madueke being linked with Nigeria and Wan-Bissaka with Congo among others.

France still seem to be able to keep their best youngsters and only lose late developers but ‘m not sure we have the same pull France do for whatever reason.
Boing Boing

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3565 on: June 09, 2021, 01:17:06 PM »
The topic is "Anything England Football" as in football related, not fans related ONLY football related either on pitch or regarding players in or around the squad in football terms.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3566 on: June 15, 2021, 12:37:43 PM »
Euro 2020: Aaron Ramsdale replaces injured Dean Henderson in England squad.

Does this then make Sam, second choice keeper?
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3567 on: June 15, 2021, 12:49:44 PM »
Euro 2020: Aaron Ramsdale replaces injured Dean Henderson in England squad.

Does this then make Sam, second choice keeper?

It does. Never thought I'd say this but 🙏 Jordan Pickford doesn't get injured/COVID.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3568 on: June 15, 2021, 01:48:26 PM »
I can see it now SJ saves England in penalty shoot out drama
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3569 on: June 15, 2021, 02:01:05 PM »
I can see it now SJ saves England in penalty shoot out drama

Why? He didn't in the Play Off Semi.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3570 on: June 15, 2021, 02:14:02 PM »
Why? He didn't in the Play Off Semi.
Doesn't mean he wouldn't next time. I think he has 6 saves from 14 in his Albion career.
Not bad
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3571 on: June 15, 2021, 02:22:34 PM »
Doesn't mean he wouldn't next time. I think he has 6 saves from 14 in his Albion career.
Not bad

I also don't think Southgate would even consider using a sub keeper solely in the event of a shoot out.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3572 on: September 02, 2021, 09:25:15 PM »
Brilliant performance so far tonight in Budapest against a usually difficult Hungary. 3-0 up but should be 5 or 6 after 3 one in one misses.
Boing Boing

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3573 on: September 05, 2021, 06:44:52 PM »
Why has Kane come on
We don't need another midfielder on
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager