Author Topic: Anything England Football  (Read 781251 times)

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

Re: Anything England Football
« Reply #3150 on: October 15, 2019, 10:42:59 AM »
Currently debating it on talksport. About to talk to a Chelsea player who was abused from his own fans 30 years ago
MAGA!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3151 on: October 15, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »
Two points there;

It makes no difference the numbers involved, there must be a zero tolerance policy to it, and secondly I have heard the chanting a few times now with games in Europe so it is nothing new.

Regardless, we both agree that what happened last night is totally unacceptable.

Absolutely agree on that. I am all for zero tolerance on racism but im just outlining that there are huge differences in the levels. Neither are acceptable but there are levels. English football now compared to 40 years ago is light years away. There are still elements within our game and our society which need to be eradicated but I dont feel you can compare what was experienced last night with what is happening over here these days.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3152 on: October 15, 2019, 11:07:22 AM »
Isn't it down to UEFA, not FIFA?

Either way. UEFA/FIFA/FA - they're all the same, they simply do not care. Sanctions and fines for offences such as sponsorship breaches are greater than those for racist chanting. It's a disgrace. The fact the FA chairman has come out and defended UEFA says it all really.

Bulgaria should be expelled from the competition to send a statement, but we all know they'll get a slap on the wrist and we'll be back talking about it in a few months.
These organisations now have w chance to do something that sends out a message. Kicking them out of this competition is pointless as they have no chance of qualifying anyway so ban them from next world cup , nations league and Euros , do this not just at senior level but U21's and others as well hopefully then it starts to dawn on younger generation !
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:09:07 AM by hardtobeat »
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3153 on: October 15, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »
Glad to see the Bulgarian PM now calling for the resignation of the head of the Bulgarian Football club. The fact he decided to deny it happened rather than apologise is appalling.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3154 on: October 15, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Uefa are cowards.

They want the players to make a decision to walk, as it take's the decision from them. They would probably have condemned England for walking too early if they had and claimed they should have allowed the Ref to follow their three step process. 

Last night would have been a perfect time to make a stance and pull a game, where the result was not in doubt and there was no risk to the competition.  If they cannot do it in those circumstances, I don't know how they ever will.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 11:37:08 AM by johnny Cash »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3155 on: October 15, 2019, 11:49:26 AM »
These organisations now have w chance to do something that sends out a message. Kicking them out of this competition is pointless as they have no chance of qualifying anyway so ban them from next world cup , nations league and Euros , do this not just at senior level but U21's and others as well hopefully then it starts to dawn on younger generation !

I was thinking the same thing actually. Fines are no deterrent whatsoever. Bulgaria as a footballing nation needs to have some time on their own to reflect upon their behaviours and how they got into that position. That is the only way you will get the vast majority of Bulgarians to 'sort their house out'.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:02:26 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3156 on: October 15, 2019, 12:43:54 PM »
This country has made huge strides societally with racism, you cant stop a person being racist...you cant, you can try but an inherent racist will be an inherent racist.

It's a good job that not everybody shares this viewpoint... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kkk-klu-klux-klan-members-leave-black-man-racism-friends-convince-persuade-chicago-daryl-davis-a7489596.html

Racism is born of ignorance; if you talk to people and educate them, in most cases their beliefs will crumble. People are always scared of the unknown.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3157 on: October 15, 2019, 01:01:34 PM »
It's a good job that not everybody shares this viewpoint... https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kkk-klu-klux-klan-members-leave-black-man-racism-friends-convince-persuade-chicago-daryl-davis-a7489596.html

Racism is born of ignorance; if you talk to people and educate them, in most cases their beliefs will crumble. People are always scared of the unknown.

Yep, I agree. Some people's life are so empty and pathetic that they need the crux of racism to give their ego a tickle. Racism really is a sad belief.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3158 on: October 15, 2019, 01:06:50 PM »
meanwhile on the footy, still think we (england) look awful trying to play out from the back, on the odd occasion the bulgars did press us high up the pitch we looked very ill at ease, why do our coaches insist on trying to make centre-halves into midfield maestro's
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3159 on: October 15, 2019, 01:11:47 PM »
meanwhile on the footy, still think we (england) look awful trying to play out from the back, on the odd occasion the bulgars did press us high up the pitch we looked very ill at ease, why do our coaches insist on trying to make centre-halves into midfield maestro's

I thought Mings did OK last night but he wasn't really tested. Maguire on the other hand scares the living daylights out of me, has the distribution skills of a cropduster…….
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3160 on: October 15, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »
I thought Mings did OK last night but he wasn't really tested. Maguire on the other hand scares the living daylights out of me, has the distribution skills of a cropduster…….

i think the range of CH's which Southgate is trying out alludes to the problem, we haven't got English ball playing CH's in the mould of Van dyke / Kompany, if we had we would really be a world force !

have agree through gritted teeth that Mings looked ok and will have earned a run out against sterner opposition.
Albion Family !!!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3161 on: October 15, 2019, 01:19:55 PM »
i think the range of CH's which Southgate is trying out alludes to the problem, we haven't got English ball playing CH's in the mould of Van dyke / Kompany, if we had we would really be a world force !

have agree through gritted teeth that Mings looked ok and will have earned a run out against sterner opposition.

Bulgaria are probably League 1 level, he ought to have looked OK.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3162 on: October 15, 2019, 04:17:09 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50054475

Bulgarian Football Union president Borislav Mihaylov has resigned.

https://news.sky.com/story/bulgarian-pm-demands-head-of-football-quits-over-racial-chants-at-england-players-11836131

Police have raided the headquarters of the Bulgarian Football Union following the resignation of its president over racist abuse aimed at England players.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 04:19:12 PM by Droitwich Baggie »

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3163 on: October 15, 2019, 06:25:01 PM »

My point was that you can’t stop someone being racist, if they want to be they will be not that people cannot be educated on the matter

If someone is inherently racist and wants to be then they will be and there is nothing you, I or anyone else can do to stop that

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3164 on: October 15, 2019, 10:17:21 PM »
I have seen on social media that the England fan who passed away in Bulgaria was a Baggie  :(

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3165 on: October 15, 2019, 10:33:48 PM »
I have seen on social media that the England fan who passed away in Bulgaria was a Baggie  :(
Who ever he was or where ever he lived was terrible.
It just brings it closer to home, though when thinking about it.

westbrom3wolves0

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3166 on: October 16, 2019, 01:23:08 AM »
The gent who passed away was a very close friend. A devoted baggie, Smethwick Season Ticket Holder and more importantly, one of the nicest blokes you will ever meet.

Find his Go Fund Me page here, feel free to share: https://www.gofundme.com/f/get-spray-back-home?teamInvite=NjjgPak85KOmH37Zmhy8siXbZQ7tXoi6XpU4HAy7I5cVxvF1tOblbTlAhlTlN9r4&fbclid=IwAR2yGv0D1Q3eixiQ-O9gem1qkV97jg1mS0su_bS8oWW3269W8riefPXk6sw
Oooooohhhh West Bromwich Albion! #SPRAY32

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3167 on: October 29, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »
So Bulgaira are hit with  two games behind closed doors [one suspended], and a£64,000 fine.

Well done UEFA - definitely sent out the right message there. Even the Bulgarians have said they were expecting worse...….

Pathetic....
MAGA!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3168 on: October 29, 2019, 05:40:47 PM »
In my opinion, the punishment dished out by UEFA is in their own self interest and not in the name of justice, the betterment of the game or, most importantly, to eradicate racism from the game. Shame on you UEFA
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3169 on: November 11, 2019, 11:39:31 PM »
Raheem Sterling axed from the squad for the Montenegro game after grabbing Joe Gomez round the throat at St Georges Park this evening.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3170 on: November 12, 2019, 07:58:40 AM »
Raheem Sterling axed from the squad for the Montenegro game after grabbing Joe Gomez round the throat at St Georges Park this evening.
Well they can’t use VAR for the incident because they don’t have it switched on for Liverpool vs City?
That shove Gomez gave sterling as he ran out of pitch was deliberate and dangerous ....but as per,it’s a member of that cheating club that are always the victims ....I doubt many have purchased tickets for Thursday in the hope of seeing Joe bloody Gomez
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3171 on: November 12, 2019, 08:35:15 AM »
LFC living rent free in Manchester City's head. You love to see it.

Big decision this from Southgate though the description of the incident didn't leave him much choice with the Daily Mail getting hold of the story to be able to deal with it in house.

Can't side with a player who is in the wrong because he's a better player. 😂
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3172 on: November 12, 2019, 06:54:00 PM »
Ref, Raheem sterling being dropped,
I think Gareth Southgate comes out of this in credit, he has shown that he holds the authority and will use it, Well done Gareth, lets hope the whole squad learn from this
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:25:46 PM by Albionic »
Albion Family !!!

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3173 on: November 12, 2019, 09:38:54 PM »
LFC living rent free in Manchester City's head. You love to see it.

Big decision this from Southgate though the description of the incident didn't leave him much choice with the Daily Mail getting hold of the story to be able to deal with it in house.

Can't side with a player who is in the wrong because he's a better player. 😂

I fail to see why unless you are a paid up member of the cheating red tribe
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3174 on: November 15, 2019, 11:54:06 AM »
couldnt be arsed to watch the 7-0. was it a good game folks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties