Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070395 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #850 on: August 20, 2011, 12:25:05 PM »
It sets an interesting precedent, that's for sure. I think it is the right decision to revoke his season ticket, but I would say for a season or two would be suitable. Banning a 16 year old for life for a comment on a social networking website, albeit disgusting, is going to open up plenty of debate. What about fans who post sexist remarks? homophobic comments? remarks about other minorities like gypsies? hell, even people taking the mick out of gingers? Are they going to be banned, or is that bigotry not seen as bad as racism...

You are right mate, this does open up a can of worms. Of course if you are stupid enough to make that comment and put your name to it in this day and age then you probably deserve the consequences but the kid is just that - a kid of 15 or 16 and I dont quite like the way this has been so publicised.

Wolves deserve credit for acting fast and an Indefinate ban doesn't mean lifetime ban which would be VERY harsh for a 15/16 year old making a stupid comment on twitter.

Like You say though, where do you draw the line? What is and what isnt acceptable? Is Racism wrong but anti gay stuff better? Is Sexism better? Is beating somebody up better (not all hooligans get life time bans after all). Not worth having the debate too much on here and I think I agree with the Wolves actions but in the future I think it is a debate our society is going to have to have.
Boing Boing

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #851 on: August 21, 2011, 05:54:48 AM »
Have they given him a life time ban ? lol i thought taking his season ticket of him for the year would have been appropriate. Next they will be handing out 15 year jail sentences   ???.

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: August 21, 2011, 06:09:53 AM »
He can't have been a dingle very long. It's not like he can't pick another team, provided it isn't West Brom (or San Jose). He'd make a fine Juventus or Lazio supporter.

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #853 on: August 21, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
The barks are doing well today, not long before delusional comments of them being top/ish and us being bottom/ish start to surface

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #854 on: August 21, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
The kid just looks like a normal person to me Iam sure he didnt mean what he said as there`s a fair share of black
players in the Wolves team and iam sure he gets right behind them.Any albion fans making a big thing out
of this must be very sad people.

Shocking attitude imo.

He admitted he was a racist, and even glorified it. The guy deserves a long term ban.

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #855 on: August 21, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
Just need to remind them two games gone and Norwich are also fourth.

Us and Wolves will be fine this season, for me sides like Fulham have now been caught up by the likes of us and Wolves its a good sign in all fairness

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #856 on: August 21, 2011, 03:22:01 PM »
The barks are doing well today, not long before delusional comments of them being top/ish and us being bottom/ish start to surface

Yeah , but lets see where we both our by 15 games , if i remember rightly we were in the top 4 one week then it all went down hill, pretty annoying that we have had the top 2 as our first 2 games i bet the fixture computer was a dingle lol , must say though Jarvis looks really good hopefully Arsenal bid for him  :D i think wolves will finish 14th and were finish 13th 8)
BOING BOING

Ginger Chimp

« Reply #857 on: August 21, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
First time since 1998 (I think) that we've won our first two opening games.

Europe here we come.  :-*

[NB: For the newer posters on here, this is a jocular comment]

Dudleylad

• WBA Chairman

« Reply #858 on: August 21, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »
The only time Wolves will get into Europe is when they go away for their summer break ;)

w27

« Reply #859 on: August 21, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »
Just need to remind them two games gone

swear i saw countless iphone league table screenshots of prem table after about 5-6 games last season when you near the top  ::)

never mind one goal conceded with our terrible addition (in many of your eyes) of roger johnson

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #860 on: August 21, 2011, 05:38:52 PM »
swear i saw countless iphone league table screenshots of prem table after about 5-6 games last season when you near the top  ::)

never mind one goal conceded with our terrible addition (in many of your eyes) of roger johnson

Against the World class attacks of Blackburn and Fulham!

Sealandair

« Reply #861 on: August 21, 2011, 05:42:21 PM »
question of the day in my local... why dun fokes raand ere (Netherton) support olbyon when its milez away compared to wulvo??

I just let him carry on dribbling into his pint of carling

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #862 on: August 21, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »

Good 2 wins but lets see how your defence copes  against Man United and Chelsea , you concede more than 4 than your defence is worse than ours lol :D
BOING BOING

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #863 on: August 21, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

No doubting you've done well to get the six points so far, I watched your match today and you battered Fulham at times, got to give you credit for that.

Having said that, most teams playing Fulham at home will expect a win and I expect Blackburn to be one of the poorest teams in the league this season. I don't need to tell you that it's early days. I think W*lves and Albion will both be fine this season, we've both caught up with the likes of Fulham, Stoke, Blackburn etc and it can only be good for Midlands football.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

w27

« Reply #864 on: August 21, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »
Good 2 wins but lets see how your defence copes  against Man United and Chelsea , you concede more than 4 than your defence is worse than ours lol :D

Only mancity away last season I think we conceded more than 3 goals!

w27

« Reply #865 on: August 21, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
Against the World class attacks of Blackburn and Fulham!

Can only play the teams put in front of us

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #866 on: August 21, 2011, 06:45:41 PM »
Great start for Wolves, they are beating the teams they never beaten last season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #867 on: August 21, 2011, 06:56:27 PM »
Who takes any notice after 2matches seriousley?

THICK AS ****

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #868 on: August 21, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »
Can only play the teams put in front of us

This is true and you've done all you can be asked of you! To stay up those are the games that need to be won and fair play.

Think we'll both be safe this season.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #869 on: August 21, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »
Two very good wins for Wolves. Never thought either ourselves or Wolves would get relegated. and early signs suggest we should both be okay.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #870 on: August 21, 2011, 09:15:09 PM »
First time since 1998 (I think) that we've won our first two opening games.

Europe here we come.  :-*

[NB: For the newer posters on here, this is a jocular comment]

Bloody hell, look who has returned. You can tell Wolves are doing well, ha ha.

It's a cracking start for you, but then again, it is Dysfunctional Blackburn and a home game against Fulham.

Good none the les and I think you will be safe but it aint like starting against last seasons top 2.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #871 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:40 PM »

It was about nine or ten games actually, and we were fourth.

I think people questioned the Johnson fee on here but when we realised (if it is) that the fee was about 4.5 we all said how good a signing it was. It certainly isnt like the Wolves fans taking the mick out of the "7 million" signing of Shane Long (joint top scorer with Fletcher aint he).
Boing Boing

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

« Reply #872 on: August 21, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »
I'd expect 6 points from Blackburn and Fulham (at home) to be honest. Fair play to W*lves because they have taken the points from the teams put in front of you (which is all you can do) but it is hardly worth doing a backflip about. Come Christmas, and after we've all played each other once, then you can see how the league is starting to pan out really.

kevinr61

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #873 on: August 21, 2011, 09:32:46 PM »
I'd expect 6 points from Blackburn and Fulham (at home) to be honest. Fair play to W*lves because they have taken the points from the teams put in front of you (which is all you can do) but it is hardly worth doing a backflip about. Come Christmas, and after we've all played each other once, then you can see how the league is starting to pan out really.

That's all fair enough really, but on the evidence of the two games I've seen so far we are a far,far better side than last year, and that was the most comfortable we've been in 3 seasons in this league. Johnson is a rock at the back and has made Berra look a good player again. O'Hara is now fully fit and controlled the game today and Hunt being fit at the start of the season is like a new signing. Add to that our better players like Fletcher, Doyle and Jarvis hitting the ground running and full of confidence. 2-0 flattered Fulham really and as everyone sees them as a safe middle of the table team then there's nothing to suggest we won't be comfortably safe this season. From what I've seen I'd put my mortgage on both Wolves and Albion staying up this year, scoring a few goals and giving us all an enjoyable season. :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 09:34:19 PM by kevinr61 »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #874 on: August 21, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
I think you might be right kevin. I think most observers of the league would also agree. We just cant afford to be complacent though, not yet.
Boing Boing