112 (59.3%)
No
43 (22.8%)
Only if reduced
6 (3.2%)
Undecided
28 (14.8%)

Total Members Voted: 189

Author Topic: Season Tickets 18/19  (Read 40719 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Season Tickets 18/19
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2018, 08:17:04 PM »
However, some Albion fans have also confirmed that they won't be taking in the football on offer, with 32% claiming that football in the second tier would not interest them enough to part with their cash. 16% said they'd wait and see who's in permanent charge of the club before spending their money.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/05/10/west-brom-fans-hail-reduction-in-season-ticket-prices/#zeLtEuWkOXwgePVQ.99

I hope that 32% never return if I'm honest, don't need fans like that . Suppose every club has them though

FairPlay to the Albion. Actually looking forward to next season, something I haven't done for a long while
I hope they never return aswell, get the proper supporters up there who support the Albion and not the greed league. I will always go no matter who is in charge or what league we are in, and at those prices for the kids i might get my 4 year old granddaughter one aswell! Especially after she said to me saturday grandad will you buy me a little Albion shirt and take me up the match!

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2018, 08:25:27 PM »
Had my first season ticket in 1969. Halfords Lane stand £8. I also bought a ticket for a friend, with him saying "Don't tell Hazel how much it cost."

He didn’t by any chance love in Pound Close did he? Near the Blue Ball?
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2018, 08:28:31 PM »
And no more half and half scarves  :D
Thank god for that.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2018, 09:17:37 PM »
However, some Albion fans have also confirmed that they won't be taking in the football on offer, with 32% claiming that football in the second tier would not interest them enough to part with their cash. 16% said they'd wait and see who's in permanent charge of the club before spending their money.

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2018/05/10/west-brom-fans-hail-reduction-in-season-ticket-prices/#zeLtEuWkOXwgePVQ.99

I hope that 32% never return if I'm honest, don't need fans like that . Suppose every club has them though

FairPlay to the Albion. Actually looking forward to next season, something I haven't done for a long while

lol   I bet more than half of the respondents were D1ngle5   :)
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2018, 09:18:25 PM »
Anyone else having trouble buying?

I wasn't planning on sorting out my renewals for a couple of weeks but just went online to have a look and there's no renew option.

Just chatting to a couple of others about it on F/Book and they have the same problem (although it does seem a fair few have already renewed).

Presume it's just teething problems affecting some users? so will try again in a couple of days.   

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2018, 09:46:26 PM »
I wasn't planning on sorting out my renewals for a couple of weeks but just went online to have a look and there's no renew option.

Just chatting to a couple of others about it on F/Book and they have the same problem (although it does seem a fair few have already renewed).

Presume it's just teething problems affecting some users? so will try again in a couple of days.
Same every year, just keep trying and eventually it works.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »
I don't think I've managed to ever buy tickets online. The system is terrible.

When I try to renew it just tells me there are no season tickets to renew. Maybe it's trying to tell me something  ;D

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
Official Twitter account says they're having technical difficulties with the online ticketing for fans trying to renew, they're working on it though.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2018, 10:14:58 AM »
Official Twitter account says they're having technical difficulties with the online ticketing for fans trying to renew, they're working on it though.

Cracking up grade the other week, glad it all went smoothly.......
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
I also spoke to the ticket office who confirmed that if anyone wants to pay by direct debit rather than outright then this has to be done online. Apparently the ticket office can't do direct debit payments..

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
FAO WBAinDevon.

If abroad then I hope you're enjoying some sun.

Just wondered whether you'll be purchasing a season ticket at these prices?

Has the upturn in results towards then end of this campaign wet your appetite for the next?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 12:29:30 PM »
I haven't had a season ticket for years what with work commitments and one thing or another and it is still difficult enough for me but this morning I bit the bullet and bought myself a season ticket.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2018, 12:49:28 PM »
Looking at the seating plan in the Halfords, it looks as though lots have already been sold. Are the previous season's ticket holders seats held until a certain date? because I don't wanna buy a seat further down the end of the pitch and then discover I could have bought one nearer the half way.

EDITED:

Just found the FAQs and have found the answer. It helps if you look doesn't it lol.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:57:59 PM by 17GD »

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2018, 01:09:59 PM »
I'm getting one, nowt to do with the cost, everything to do with a new dawn..

I'm a few years off OAP status, but think they should get a much better deal...I really would applaud any club that does their tickets for £5 a game.

Anyway, actually looking forward to next year....so I await the mclaren appointment to ruin it all 😄
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2018, 02:00:11 PM »
I'm getting one, nowt to do with the cost, everything to do with a new dawn..

I'm a few years off OAP status, but think they should get a much better deal...I really would applaud any club that does their tickets for £5 a game.
Ordered my OAP ticket last night. Just worked out it’ll be costing me a bit over £14 a match so if you want to sub me the rest to bring it down to a fiver then that’s very generous of you.  :) Cheers!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2018, 02:47:03 PM »
I've not had a season ticket for about 4 years and just picked and chosen games as and when, but just bought for next season, mine, my mate's and an U18 ticket for my step daughter who came to her first game with us last week and caught the Albion bug  ;D (In fairness, I did pick a good game for the emotional level to get her hooked  ;) )
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 03:03:09 PM by Dan87uk »
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »
What age does a senior start at?

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »
What age does a senior start at?

You qualify mate. It’s 60.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
You qualify mate. It’s 60.

They've changed it this year to fall in line with other clubs and raised it to 65 but they are going to honour all that have already been receiving  senior tickets
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 07:06:43 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »
They've changed it this year to fall in line with out clubs and raised it to 65 but they are going to honour all that have already been receiving  senior tickets

Not sure that’s quite right. The concession age is being raised to 65, however if you are presently between 60 & 64 then you qualify.

That’s how I read it at least.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2018, 07:06:21 PM »
Not sure that’s quite right. The concession age is being raised to 65, however if you are presently between 60 & 64 then you qualify.

That’s how I read it at least.

I have edited one word but is that not what I said ?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2018, 07:18:41 PM »
Typical, they put the bus passes up when i reached 60 as well. I haven't had an ST for 4 seasons due to family reasons, but i might pick a few games next season.
Thanks for the responses.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2018, 08:01:43 PM »
I have edited one word but is that not what I said ?

Not quite. As I read it, regardless of whether or not you already had a season ticket, if you are between 60 & 64 you qualify for the concession.

Slightly different to your interpretation, unless I misunderstand your post in which case I apologise.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
Not quite. As I read it, regardless of whether or not you already had a season ticket, if you are between 60 & 64 you qualify for the concession.

Slightly different to your interpretation, unless I misunderstand your post in which case I apologise.

I think we both meant the same thing  :D

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2018, 08:46:11 PM »
As I'm 65 later this year, I know Dan unbelievable, this will be the best £269.00 I will have spent in the last decade!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)