Author Topic: Kenneth Zohore  (Read 196726 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Kenneth Zohore
« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2020, 11:30:15 PM »
Really think this guy has been shelved by Slaven, and I think he will do the same with Kipre. Neither were "his signings" so are not picked.
Similarly Grosicki could not get on the pitch today, with HRK, Edwards, and Harper being preferred , this despite Grosicki scoring one and assisting for the other in Poland's midweek win.
I saw every minute in which Zohore played and do not believe him to be worse than Austin and HRK.
I heard Tony Cascarino, on the radio today referring to another player and indeed himself, saying how difficult it is to stay focused and perform when you know that the manager does not fancy you.

Zohore was dreadful last season, can take a penalty and that's it. Nothing to do with being unfancied or shelved as you put it.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #551 on: September 14, 2020, 08:37:27 AM »
The man has absolutely no fight. I don't think i've ever cared less about a West Brom player. Hope these Sheff Weds rumours are true.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #552 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:56 AM »
Boro are set to sign former Arsenal and England youth international Chuba Akpom from Greece to lead their line. With them already having Britt Asombalonga, Ashley Fletcher and Marcus Browne there, it might end their interest in Ken.

Gives Sheff Wed the upper hand in negotiations.
Boing Boing

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #553 on: September 16, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Boro are set to sign former Arsenal and England youth international Chuba Akpom from Greece to lead their line. With them already having Britt Asombalonga, Ashley Fletcher and Marcus Browne there, it might end their interest in Ken.

I think we have to face the possibility that he will be our cup striker this season.
No one in their right mind would pay him £50k a week or anywhere near it.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #554 on: September 16, 2020, 11:22:03 AM »

The other day Boro were signing ex gunner sonogo(als).

Imo it is disinformation put out to force our hand.

I don't believe anything Colin says. And I didn't believe the sun reporting that he is on £50k now.

Surely under the miser jenkins, desperately trying to cut costs at the time didn't sanction a tier two salary of £25k to a bloke who got one goal the previous season.

I hope we can do a swap again here got maybe Assombalonga on loan to perm ideally for us and Zohore gone for good. But, a straight swap on loan each way.

I think a motivated britt could be a handful.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2020, 01:19:56 PM »
I see Derby have now joined 'the race to sign Ken'  8)
Come on Rams you know you want him.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/16/report-derby-battling-championship-rivals-to-sign-8m-50k-a-week-pl-man/
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
Cardiff fans I know said he had looked quite useful before his injury, bit of a marmite thing going on with them though, but he never got going at all for us and we could well be lumbered now

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2020, 02:03:59 PM »

Anyone booked Zohore a taxi on standby?
West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2020, 02:41:20 PM »
Just can't see who is going to offer us money for this fella AND pay him a wage he wants. Hope someone does though.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2020, 03:10:45 PM »
Terminate contract by mutual consent, bloke is a donkey then get rid of Dowling for sanctioning this deal.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #560 on: September 16, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »
Terminate contract by mutual consent, bloke is a donkey then get rid of Dowling for sanctioning this deal.

Sound, give him a cheque for three years money and I’m sure he’ll be happy to terminate mutually.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #561 on: September 16, 2020, 03:18:39 PM »
Terminating his contract would cost serious wedge. Somewhere between 4 and 7 million based loosely on his reported wages and guessing he has between 2 and 4 years left on his contract . Seems a lot to b pay for the odd goal !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #562 on: September 16, 2020, 03:28:25 PM »
Does anyone know for sure that he is £50,000 a week? That doesn't seem, to me, like a figure we would be paying
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #563 on: September 16, 2020, 03:51:15 PM »
Fair to say he came on at least 20k pw. Definitely has a flex up. I'd imagine he's on 40k in the PL

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #564 on: September 16, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
Fair to say he came on at least 20k pw. Definitely has a flex up. I'd imagine he's on 40k in the PL

I can’t see it being as much as £20k when he signed, and surely promotion isn’t a 100% increase. Stan gave what seemed a logical explanation on why we wouldn’t be committing to long contracts at that level last summer.

Think of Zohore’s career trajectory. He signed for Cardiff for about £1m which was probably his first big deal considering where he had been and his age. Let’s say they gave him £6k per week. A year later he signed a new contract after doing ok, so imagine they doubled it to £12k with an increase for promotion. Even if that was 100% to £24k, let’s say it’s safe to say relegation reverts to £12k.

We then sign him when he has a year left, Cardiff want rid and he’s performed terribly in the prem. We then hand him £20k per week with a 100% increase on promotion? It just seems like we would be crazy to do that.

My numbers could be off,  but you get the idea. It just doesn’t seem to fit. I imagine he’s now on £25k-£30k.   
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 04:14:20 PM by johnny Cash »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #565 on: September 16, 2020, 04:14:03 PM »
Reports are that clubs are 25k short of meeting his salary so he must be on sod all.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2020, 04:52:36 PM »

You do realise it costs us to terminate a contract?

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2020, 05:57:24 PM »

Not sure the guy understands that mutual means both parties have to agree to it

Doubt he’s going to mutually agree to rip up a contract that last for 2/3 years and a couple of million a year

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2020, 06:46:31 PM »
Not sure the guy understands that mutual means both parties have to agree to it

Doubt he’s going to mutually agree to rip up a contract that last for 2/3 years and a couple of million a year

I can see us having to pay half his wages for another club to take him on loan

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2020, 06:47:25 PM »
That's what we are trying to do but no one will pay the other 20-25k

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2020, 08:28:12 PM »
That's what we are trying to do but no one will pay the other 20-25k

Where are you getting 20-25k from?

Which implies we are paying him much more than that. I would genuinely like to know the source for your assertions
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2020, 08:31:17 PM »
Where are you getting 20-25k from?

Which implies we are paying him much more than that. I would genuinely like to know the source for your assertions

The papers and journos on twitter, was in the Sun on Sunday gone.

He has plenty of teams wanting to take him but no ones willing to pay the other half of his wages. Too high.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #572 on: September 16, 2020, 11:22:23 PM »
None of us can be sure what he earns but it will be upwards of £40k. Think it through... he had been in the premier league with Cardiff who then got relegated. Despite that he would have to be on at least £20k per week with them. He’s not going to come here and take a pay cut and now has the major salary hike for us being promoted. As mush as we don’t like the idea, I certainly don’t, he will be on £40k minimum.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #573 on: September 16, 2020, 11:55:18 PM »
paying now to do bugger all, he's not going to get game time unless we get relegated to non league. Mutual consent might be beneficial to both parties.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #574 on: September 17, 2020, 05:45:12 AM »
paying now to do bugger all, he's not going to get game time unless we get relegated to non league. Mutual consent might be beneficial to both parties.

Would you give your consent for your own job paying £40,000 a week to be terminated when no-one else would be willing to offer you as much as that afterwards? No, of course not.