Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123517 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang
« Reply #4525 on: July 19, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »
Personally thought Rondon was a fairly solid striker for us, who consistently scored 10 goals (area) a season.

Ideally, you want a 13 goal a season striker in the prem but Rondon caused defenders issues and we have sold him at a profit. That paired with him being a great pro and nice guy means I will always look at him as a positive.

Good luck big man.
Boing Boing

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4526 on: July 19, 2019, 12:46:53 PM »
Quite telling that no Prem or European club were willing to pay the fairly modest release clause for him.

A 29-year-old with one year left on his contract, who the club need to get off the books for financial reasons? I'd have been trying to get him on the cheap too.

We don't actually know if they've paid the release clause, or if it was just 'good enough'.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4527 on: July 19, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »
Salomon, better than some people on here think, in a good team surrounded by players not playing defensively like Pullis and Benitez playing just to stay in the premiership, he would have scored 20 per season

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4528 on: July 19, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
As a bloke he seemed quite likeable and nobody could fault his workrate. He always gave 100%. I just don't think he had the right anticipation and instinct for a top striker. His brain seemed to click into action about a second too late, by which time the chance or opening had gone. Or when he was in a one on one with the keeper, he would smash the ball instead of placing it. Obviously spectacular when they found the net, but most went straight at the keeper or into Row Z. The contrast with Gayle couldn't have been greater.
He will never compare with this club's all time best forwards. 
Hope it works well for him in China though. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 03:45:10 PM by alex1 »
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4529 on: July 19, 2019, 04:08:58 PM »
As a conspiracy theory Lai, in order to get money out of China did a deal with Dalian Yifang to insist that Benitez must buy Rondon as part of his managerial appointment ;D 8)

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4530 on: July 19, 2019, 04:24:32 PM »
my dude came to the PL as an in the-box striker and was asked to play isolated up front and with his back to the goal. Transformed his game from being below average in the hold-up game to being a nightmare for opposing defenders in that role. Pulised more and more as his time went on. Went from a crazy hat-trick to an awful scoring spell then bounced back from it. He is such a much better player now than he was when first came to the club. It's really a shame that this club didn't get a chance to get the best out of him in a more attacking setup. He's been gone now for over a year and I'm still waiting for a proper attacking midfielder to show up (Harvey aside). He had just a tiny bit more support in the attack last season at Newcastle and ended up with by far his best season ever in the PL.

I remember being so excited when he was first signed about the idea of him and Berahino (the one coming off a 20-goal season) wrecking havoc up front. Oh what could had been.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4531 on: July 19, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »
Good Luck Rondon.

How I wished we taken the £40m offer for you, and that idiot TP should have sold, probably didn't sell as nothing in it for him.

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4532 on: July 19, 2019, 04:40:29 PM »
Lots of embarrassing posts from our fans on here and on social media on a wide range of topics recently. Smacks of bitterness stemming from the way the club is being run.

We'll likely not see another striker of Rondon's ability at The Hawthorns for the best part of a decade.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4533 on: July 19, 2019, 05:02:36 PM »
Lots of embarrassing posts from our fans on here and on social media on a wide range of topics recently. Smacks of bitterness stemming from the way the club is being run.

We'll likely not see another striker of Rondon's ability at The Hawthorns for the best part of a decade.

Embarrassing in your eyes maybe, not for others. That's the whole point of a forum, a difference of opinions. It is not embarrassing and it is not bitterness when it comes to an individual's opinion. My overriding memory of Rondon will be of him smirking and sniggering with Saido and of countless sitters missed. Didn't rate him.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4534 on: July 19, 2019, 05:04:33 PM »
Salomon, better than some people on here think, in a good team surrounded by players not playing defensively like Pullis and Benitez playing just to stay in the premiership, he would have scored 20 per season

Every team are looking for a 20 goal a season striker. If he was just that then there would have been a host of clubs after him at such a small price. He's only ever scored 20 in one season in his career (for Zenit).
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4535 on: July 19, 2019, 05:19:54 PM »
Every team are looking for a 20 goal a season striker. If he was just that then there would have been a host of clubs after him at such a small price. He's only ever scored 20 in one season in his career (for Zenit).

He's not quite a 20 goal Prem striker but he's good enough to be a back up for a top 6 Prem club or a starter for mid-sized Champions League clubs. Age and fee are the reason why he's not been bought by those sort of teams. Not many will pay £16m for a 29/30 year old. Chelsea only paid that for Giroud who had been doing it for years at the very highest level.

It's all about potential and resale value. Newcastle would rather pay £34m for a worse striker in Joelinton purely because he's 7 years younger. The guy is 3rd choice at Hoffenheim behind Kramaric and Belfodil.

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4536 on: July 19, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »
Goodbye Sol, for what its worth liked him. Probably should have buried a few more in the season we went down but i doubt it would have changed anything in the long run. He seems like a good guy and I will remember him in a positive light.

wardy65

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4537 on: July 19, 2019, 05:27:49 PM »
Good luck Saloman. Quality footballer, who's goalscoring record would be soo much better, but for having TP in charge, who for most of the game kept the guy, in our own penalty area.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4538 on: July 19, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
He's not quite a 20 goal Prem striker but he's good enough to be a back up for a top 6 Prem club or a starter for mid-sized Champions League clubs.

Not. A. Chance.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4539 on: July 19, 2019, 06:01:40 PM »
Embarrassing in your eyes maybe, not for others. That's the whole point of a forum, a difference of opinions. It is not embarrassing and it is not bitterness when it comes to an individual's opinion. My overriding memory of Rondon will be of him smirking and sniggering with Saido and of countless sitters missed. Didn't rate him.

This is absolute rubbish mate.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4540 on: July 19, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »
Good luck Saloman. Quality footballer, who's goalscoring record would be soo much better, but for having TP in charge, who for most of the game kept the guy, in our own penalty area.
Not a quality striker and his goal scoring record through out his career his rubbish. I never rated him but still wish him luck in the future, just glad his future isn't at the Albion.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4541 on: July 21, 2019, 05:01:37 PM »
“It didn't take long for Salomon Rondon to make a mark at Dalian Yifang!”

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rondon-china-newcastle-brom-transfer-16621543.amp?__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4542 on: August 05, 2019, 07:55:18 AM »
“It didn't take long for Salomon Rondon to make a mark at Dalian Yifang!”

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/rondon-china-newcastle-brom-transfer-16621543.amp?__twitter_impression=true

As a matter of interest I was out with a die hard Newcastle fan over the weekend. He said that the reason why Rondon never went to Newcastle was because the agent wanted £7m for himself as commission and a £6m signing on fee for Salomon. That would bring the total transfer fee to nearer £30m - no wonder both they and West Ham walked away....I dont blame them.

Everything that is wrong with our beautiful game.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:08:26 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4543 on: August 05, 2019, 08:05:24 AM »
I think he should do well in China.

Usually when a player does badly from the West over there it's due to attitude, whereas I think he will genuinely work hard in a league far beneath him.

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4544 on: August 05, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »
As a matter of interest I was out with a die hard Newcastle fan over the weekend. He said that the reason why Rondon never went to Newcastle was because the agent wanted £7m for himself as commission and a £6m signing on fee for Salomon. That would bring the total transfer fee to nearer £30m - no wonder both they and West Ham walked away....I dont blame them.

Everything that is wrong with our beautiful game.

with how quickly Benitez went from Newcastle to China i would say that it had been in the works for weeks maybe even months.
Rondon's agent probably knew about this and knew what he could get out there so that is why he was asking for those sums.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4545 on: January 31, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
Former West Brom and Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon is a target for Manchester United. The Venezuela international, 30, plays for Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4546 on: January 31, 2020, 09:40:20 AM »
Former West Brom and Newcastle striker Salomon Rondon is a target for Manchester United. The Venezuela international, 30, plays for Chinese Super League side Dalian Yifang.

We've literally got some of the worst judges of footballers in our fanbase.

**** ay he...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4547 on: January 31, 2020, 09:51:27 AM »

We've literally got some of the worst judges of footballers in our fanbase.

**** ay he...

he may not have the silky skills & Finesse of Thierry Henry, but Sal is an excellent player who was vastly under rated here. Shame really
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4548 on: January 31, 2020, 09:56:58 AM »
he may not have the silky skills & Finesse of Thierry Henry, but Sal is an excellent player who was vastly under rated here. Shame really

Sadly his time here coincided with a manager who didn't like to attack.

Could not fault his effort
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4549 on: January 31, 2020, 11:22:10 AM »
Sadly his time here coincided with a manager who didn't like to attack.

Could not fault his effort

James Beattie may dispute this theory.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.